Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Kingmaker Kickstarter Update #49: Features Trailer, Beta Releasing On April 5th

Tao

Savant
Cant wait to play it. Looks very promising.

Dorateen

Arcane
For those interested in party creation, it seems they are handling the process through an in-game NPC who the character can meet and hire other adventurers into their kingdom. We'll see how it actually works out.

In pillars, the player only needed to make it to the inn of the first small town. The 250 gp requirement to recruit each companion was easily mitigated, and you could have a full custom party in no time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For those interested in party creation, it seems they are handling the process through an in-game NPC who the character can meet and hire other adventurers into their kingdom. We'll see how it actually works out.

In pillars, the player only needed to make it to the inn of the first small town. The 250 gp requirement to recruit each companion was easily mitigated, and you could have a full custom party in no time.
I'm pretty sure you are limited to a 3 man party until you meet Durance, and a 4 man party until you meet Kana. He has thought about it.

:littlemissfun:

Dorateen

Arcane

I'm pretty sure you are limited to a 3 man party until you meet Durance, and a 4 man party until you meet Kana. He has thought about it.

When I played, I made five additional characters in the Black Hound right away. No artificial limit.

VrQxyjY.jpg

Last edited:

Ocelot570

Educated
The whole way the city changes based on alignment looks pretty cool. I hope that it at least follows in the similar footsteps of baldurs gate

Pizzashoes

Scholar
The trailer does look cool. The voiceover felt amateurish, though. The part I noticed was a long pause after "like Baldur's Gate" as if there should been more titles to compare to. Also, I'm hoping the romance between the orc-looking thing and the elf was an April Fool's joke. Baldur's Gate 2 tried miscegenation and it fell completely flat.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

ArchAngel

Arcane
The trailer does look cool. The voiceover felt amateurish, though. The part I noticed was a long pause after "like Baldur's Gate" as if there should been more titles to compare to. Also, I'm hoping the romance between the orc-looking thing and the elf was an April Fool's joke. Baldur's Gate 2 tried miscegenation and it fell completely flat.
Their "romance" is actually explained well. They were both slaves for a long time and depended on each other to survive and kind of stayed that way after they escaped.
And now the half orc considers her his own "property" while she is open to "future possibilities"

Ezrite

Learned
Their "romance" is actually explained well. They were both slaves for a long time and depended on each other to survive and kind of stayed that way after they escaped.
And now the half orc considers her his own "property" while she is open to "future possibilities"

"His property"?

Sounds like someone need to purify the world from another greenskin! I hope we can kill that fucker.

ArchAngel

Arcane

"His property"?

Sounds like someone need to purify the world from another greenskin! I hope we can kill that fucker.
I am pretty sure you can murder all your companions if you want to.

Ezrite

Learned
I am pretty sure you can murder all your companions if you want to.

Like music to my ears, that was the only or one of few good part with Dragon Age 2, cutting down the edgy elf in the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom