Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Klarion

Arcane
This isn't isometric you morons guys... It's just normal 3D.

Ent

Savant
I remember playing pathfinder 8 years ago as a freshman. I'll give it a try for memories sake if it doesn't turn out to be some mobile game.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
...They can add a thousand gay warlords for all I care, if there is come context.

I imagine you agree on every and all weird thing, if "there will be context" - like in Rick&Morty, where hamsters sticking out of ass of people, just change hamsters for Negros, and "people" for "white male". But of cource there will be context, sure!

All other classes depend more on other skills where women can excel just as well.
THey can't exel "just as well", just as man better in science, and the only thing in which woman are superior is giving biths and they are natural actress.

ArchAngel

Arcane
...They can add a thousand gay warlords for all I care, if there is come context.

I imagine you agree on every and all weird thing, if "there will be context" - like in Rick&Morty, where hamsters sticking out of ass of people, just change hamsters for Negros, and "people" for "white male". But of cource there will be context, sure!

All other classes depend more on other skills where women can excel just as well.
THey can't exel "just as well", just as man better in science, and the only thing in which woman are superior is giving biths and they are natural actress.
You are not a good example of what you are trying to preach. You are like a Catholic priest preaching God's laws to the masses while touching young boys in private.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Pathfinder is as generic as it can get, the biggest draw of the Kingmaker adventure module is that you slowly building your kingdom from an small colony, the decisions you take while adventuring has consequences on your colony that will be soon an independent kingdom. If you clean a fort, you can later on the kingdom building mode build a settlement over there, there are decisions that improve the stability of your kingdom and decisions that cause unrest on your colony, certain events will test the stability, loyalty and unrest stats of your kingdom.

I is a very open campaign with very little focus on the story that evolves on the background. Their claim of "we are making a leaner, streamlined story" sounds to me like code-word for "we are making this very linear and traditional on storytelling with even romanceable companions! For you to LARP having a girlfriend!". Pathfinder is just a generic clone of DnD, with generic art, generic everything, it isn't exactly the setting known for its storyfaggotry potential, while MCA could dig up gold from mud, with the way he is non committed with all those projects, I doubt he will be much of an influence on this. In the end, we could have a bunch of generic DnD tropes with Bioware derpy romances for those companions.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You are not a good example of what you are trying to preach. You are like a Catholic priest preaching God's laws to the masses while touching young boys in private.
These colorful metaphore looks like you are having communication with yourself, or your inner echo, it has nothing with me.

Some men desperately need to learn proper English. Also not to talk out of their ass. Russia has quite high percentage of women among researchers with doctorate (well, kandidatskaya stepen' anyway) degrees.
If you haven't managed to get a good education at high school, no need to blame women, you can just look at this Wikipedia page and spot Russian surnames.

Real Time non action game style combat? PASS. Oh well. I was excited then I saw it was Infinity Engine type combat. Then.. not interested.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I would pull out Kovalepskaia and Marie Curie to bitch slap you but I do be afraid that they are exception to the norms :sad:

There is no need for "examples", science doesn't work lik e this.
It was proven long ago, that women have less genuises and retards, their perfomance is more mediocre and stable.
Also this bullshit about doctorate make me laugh, because why it is relevant? It isn't.

no need to blame women
No need to whiteknighting, and liberal bullshit about "equality" because it was noted long ago, that women has far less achievements in science - I mean exact sciences, not humanitarian science bullshit. So spare me from this nonsense.
Please don't change. You are really helping the cause here :lol:

:lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
Have fun with yourself, keep it up pal.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
kp8XESo.jpg

8aa6XYS.jpg
The artwork is generic as fuck, but at least it isn't ugly and the silly stuff is mostly restricted to the left half of it; that's worth something, right? The screenshot, though... Well, the biggest issue by far is the lighting (or lack thereof), and that's usually what gets most improved visually from alpha to release, so I'll postpone panicking.

"I’m a Paizo fan, and a Pathfinder fan. I like the setting, the art style,
:prosper:
About that. In Obsidians survey about their Pathfinder RPG they posted two artstyles to choose from. On called "Early pathfinder" and the other "later Pathfinder" where the later is the obvious choice to avoid the game looking too generic.

d147abd493-cee3094ca0df476393.jpg

f8333b22b1-77211778a9f18d5605.png
Huh, I totally forgot that they'd gone from amateurish fugly bullshit to competent generic adaptations thereof. They still make my brain hurt, but at least they no longer make my eyes bleed. (Well, to be fair, the cleric for one looks okay enough in the early version and actually good in the later one.)

Pathfinder artwork is juvenile, and a joke. It's been like that since day one.
Well, the artwork (specifically the race portraits) in the setting book dating back to the D&D3.5e OGL days is really nice, ridiculous elf eyes aside, but that's the one exception.

As for the setting, it's deliberately generic for the most part, of course, but that isn't automatically bad, and it does have some neat unusual ideas interspersed on all levels. What bothers me about the core stuff (besides disliking their renditions of gnome and elf physiology) is how the patron goddess of the elves really isn't suited for the role at all (she's a nice fit for half-elves, though) and how their totally-not-Ancient-Egypt country is exclusively worshiping historical Egyptian gods (and that AFAIK without any multiversal migration explanation like on Toril) instead of, say, Egyptian-esque interpretations of the pantheon ruling Golarion. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems unlikely to ever see any borders shift between distinct play zones despite telling (adventure path) stories all the time. Stagnant is much worse than generic. But the much bigger issue is how utterly creatively bankrupt they turned out to be outside their pseudo-European core regions, e.g. their Sinosphere stand-in got a small haphazard selection of real world deities (without even changing the names for a more consistent feel) and really nothing else. Very retro. But not in any good way.

Concerning - to use for a change the initialism I consider the most appropriate - HBTI representation in fantasy TRPGs: Shadowrun and newly D&D5e acknowledge their existence in their core rulebooks, but I can't think of a single such official NPC for either (outside HBS's and Beamdog's games). IIRC HERO/Champions and Mutants & Masterminds don't (?) cover them in any core books, but they most certainly do in their teen hero supplements. Rather well, too. However, not a single character in them is even implied to be anything but straight. A Song of Ice and Fire Role-Playing naturally covers fairly in-depth how to handle HBTI (well, the first half, anyway) in Westeros, but whereas GRRM offers a pretty good spread in his books, none of the dozens of characters created by Green Ronin for their handful of "chronicles" are homo, bi, trans or inter. (One guy is stated to be rumored to be gay but actually isn't at all, being like many - most? - other named chars explicitly in love with someone of the other sex.) Conversely, The Dark Eye and Pathfinder IIRC have never given this much space in rule or even pure setting books, let alone core ones, but they are the only two noteworthy traditional fantasy RPGs that have actually had queer representation pretty much since their respective inception. They are nevertheless too rare in the former, though, while from what I remember from having looked into their adventure path NPCs a few years ago the latter actually manages to have them be too common. That said, overrepresentation of minorities doesn't hurt anyone. TBH I don't remember how deeply World of Darkness dived into this. And other than an unknown number of indie systems and/or settings few know, that's AFAIK pretty much it.

Anyway, considering Paizo I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I still am that they aren't going to act as if HBTI didn't exist, which guarantees an 18+ rating in Putinistan. I guess My.com are too big to get subjected to rampant bureaucratic despotism during development unless they say anything bad about ol' Vladdie, but I do wonder whether the police would actually do their job if the devs' car hoods were ones to get literally shat on by fascistoid Orthodox sociopaths over this.

And while I prefer having higher strength and lower dexterity maximums for males than for females, RPG systems doing such have been few and far between from the beginning, so I just shrug at people wanting to play women able to wrestle down the strongest of men in-game (as long as they don't think that's realistic by any means).

Also, they made HoMM5? Damn, now I'm getting cautiously optimistic.

Efe

Erudite
so you want gay and trans characters in this game?
if any devs are reading/considering this, i would just skip your game if you do that.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, correct me if I'm wrong; Pathfinder is basically D&D but without stuff like beholders which are considered IP by hasbro (what else is missing?), and kingmaker is an adventure using the system/setting?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, correct me if I'm wrong; Pathfinder is basically D&D but without stuff like beholders which are considered IP by hasbro (what else is missing?), and kingmaker is an adventure using the system/setting?
Pathfinder is basically D&D 3.75e. And yes.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Pathfinder is basically D&D 3.75e. And yes.

What did they replace Beholders with? Hillary Clinton? Also is a low/mid/epic level adventure?

ArchAngel

Arcane
so you want gay and trans characters in this game?
if any devs are reading/considering this, i would just skip your game if you do that.

is that you?

This is him: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...rG1mvx3ythLLZTStaf4fuI2Skaa1bnOdaBTIhQ393FEBQ
You can see in the image how he deals with gay intruders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom