Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I am pretty patriotic mate,but don't name every generation with a stupid name. People are people no matter the generation.

Americans would say that only they can be patriots.

Prime Junta

Ok,then i will be far right nationalist! Now i will go and sharpen my sabre for this week's foreigner hunt.

OnTheEdge.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Companion update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2037322

Tristian, Favorite Of The Everlight - A Touch of Sunlight
Posted by Berserkerkitten

Pathfinders!

Meet another one of your future companions: a young cleric of Sarenrae called Tristian.

2e0454ab8db0d1e8f18447a19797d8fb_original.jpg

The Stolen Lands are unforgiving, known for their dangerous inhabitants and harsh weather, and leave little room for the weak and gullible. Still, even in the Stolen Lands, there are beacons of hope. Tristian is one such individual, forever questing to help those in need, no matter the cost to himself.

Gentle and kind, it is as though Tristian was born to serve the most merciful of gods. It is not known, whether it has always been in his character or whether the ministry shaped Tristian’s views – one way or another, the compassionate and thoughtful cleric embodies the virtues of his divine lady, the ever radiant Sarenrae. According to the dogma of the Everlight, no being, no matter what heinous acts it committed, should be denied a chance of redemption. It is the way Tristian follows determinedly – even given the unpleasant experiences and disappointments he found during his travels across Golarion, Tristian still believes in redemption for all.

Tristian never preaches, and shares the teachings of Sarenrae only with those who ask to hear them. His faithfulness mixes well with his good-natured curiosity, inexhaustible kindness, and unfailing belief in the inherent good inside every living person - although you cannot help but notice a trace of sorrow in the young cleric's words.

Tristian always seeks to help those in need, but his most recent expedition to the Stolen Lands is one of the greatest tests of his spirit. Something wicked has taken root in the swamps and plains of this region – something that makes curses of all kinds much more potent and deadly. In search of answers Tristian unites with a bold adventurer who seeks to bring peace and order to the Stolen Lands. Should you rely on the cleric and invite him into your party, Tristian will look for the most practical way to help – he never preaches his beliefs if not asked to enlighten others about the teachings of Sarenrae.

Do not let the gentle ways of Tristian fool you – for those who think of Sarenrae clergy as weak are quick to regret it. The Everlight's mercy is generous but not boundless: those who embrace evil and forsake salvation are judged by blade and blood. Tristian knows how to hold his own in a fight – although he prefers to look out for his companions, healing the wounded, and helping any companions who find themselves overmatched or outnumbered. If forced to resort to violence, Tristian relies on his spells – for the sunlight of Sarenrae can bring searing pain as well as healing relief. The cleric wields a small crossbow and scimitar, a favored weapon of Sarenrae. Instead of armor he prefers protective spells and keeping well-measured distance between himself and his enemies.

Considerate and empathic to the troubles of others, Tristian is an excellent councilor to the realm. As a cleric of Sarenrae, he has a clear sense of duty and can offer sharp insights and wisdom when troubles arise.

Hail to the kings!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The companion design seems kind of cookie-cutter to be honest; none of the companions really seem to have any personality or uniqueness other than a bunch of stereotypes taped together. They should have done full party creation and focused on other areas of the game.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Tristian definitely wants to bring the light of Sarenrae to somewhere the sun doesn't normally shine. +2 flaming short spear if ya know what I mean.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The companion design seems kind of cookie-cutter to be honest; none of the companions really seem to have any personality or uniqueness other than a bunch of stereotypes taped together. They should have done full party creation and focused on other areas of the game.
Hard to be sure of that before we get to play the game and read their dialogues and see what options are presented with them.
Also this game is supposed to be a new BG, not new PST.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Hard to be sure of that before we get to play the game and read their dialogues and see what options are presented with them.

You can have all the options in the world, but the basic theme of the companion can still be shitty.

Well BG2 type would be enough for me. There's nothing wrong with simple companions. I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a bit annoyed with constantly playing the team therapist. Not everyone has to be a conflicted mess of deep buried secrets.

What is important is that companions react to your actions in the game. If that goody-two-shoes cleric doesn't have a problem with player turning the kingdom into New Mordor, that would be a problem.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well BG2 type would be enough for me. There's nothing wrong with simple companions. I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a bit annoyed with constantly playing the team therapist. Not everyone has to be a conflicted mess of deep buried secrets.

What is important is that companions react to your actions in the game. If that goody-two-shoes cleric doesn't have a problem with player turning the kingdom into New Mordor, that would be a problem.
And that is what I expect we will get. And hopefully most of the companions are going to be more fun and quirky like BG1/2 are and not brooding and boring like PoE ones are.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The whole game seems to be "cookie cutter" DnD but I don't have a problem with that at all.
Also, once more, I love how SLOW and CLEAR the combat is

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I seriously hope this game turns out good. I'd love for a BG with Pathfinder rules. Have they released a list of playable classes/archetypes yet? Last I heard they were advertising a number but not a list iirc.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I seriously hope this game turns out good. I'd love for a BG with Pathfinder rules. Have they released a list of playable classes/archetypes yet? Last I heard they were advertising a number but not a list iirc.

"We're covering the 7 core races (humans, dwarves, halflings, gnomes, elves, half-elves and half-orcs) and all the core classes, as well as the Inquisitor and Alchemist. An additional class, the Magus, is our 600k stretch goal. More races and classes may be added via future stretch goals."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/faqs

Archetypes are not yet known.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom