Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Personal opinion here: I'm excited about the kingdom building part, I've always wanted to run a tyranny with black knights, inquistion, and stuff. All the other parts seem more traditional, but it is obviously very early to judge.

However, the guys are really invested into this game, hopefully my countrymen will not screw it up, and deliver something awesome.

Does anyone know how the magic works in this world? Will there be straight up mages with fireballs and lightnings?

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
does Pathfinder have any PG+ stuff in it or is it a pussy setting for pussies???

PrettyDeadman

does Pathfinder have any PG+ stuff in it or is it a pussy setting for pussies???
If pussy is not your thing I have good news for you friend, several days ago during Pathfinder Reddit AMA Chris Avellone has confirmed presence of and heavy focus on hardcore homosexual romances.

:mca::balance:
:cainapproves:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I like it that party only has a shared inventory instead of a magical stash like PoE.

'cept its shared "stash". Individual inventories are removed to not make it too identical :P
Name is not important, it has limited space unlike PoE shit.

Which is good... why exactly?
Because you get to use your brain instead of just dumping everything in the magical stash because of the need to evaluate what is worth keeping and what is to be left on the floor.

Prime Junta

Because you get to use your brain instead of just dumping everything in the magical stash because of the need to evaluate what is worth keeping and what is to be left on the floor.

If it's anything like the inventories in the IE games, there's enough space to keep everything you might need so it's just a matter of dropping, or not picking up, junk. That doesn't require a brain, just tolerance for drudgery and pointless busywork.

If they dropped the main inventory altogether and only allowed equipment + quickslots, then there would be a genuine challenge. More realistic too.

ArchAngel

Arcane

If it's anything like the inventories in the IE games, there's enough space to keep everything you might need so it's just a matter of dropping, or not picking up, junk. That doesn't require a brain, just tolerance for drudgery and pointless busywork.

If they dropped the main inventory altogether and only allowed equipment + quickslots, then there would be a genuine challenge. More realistic too.
My dream is one day play a good RPG with Xcom like inventory per character with specific body slots where you can equip items that fit it. Also weight system per character also like in Xcom. This would be in addition to items you are wearing on yourself but items you wear will give you more of less space to carry other items.

PrettyDeadman

My dream is one day play a good RPG with Xcom like inventory per character with specific body slots where you can equip items that fit it. Also weight system per character also like in Xcom. This would be in addition to items you are wearing on yourself but items you wear will give you more of less space to carry other items.
E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy have that (no weight though).
Its extremely annoying to manually put all that ammo into you pockets.

latest

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
due to a lack of experience on their part
Bioware had very little experience when they started working on BG. CDPR didn't make any games (only localizations) before TW1. OTOH, the team behind TToN was exceedingly experienced. There's no clear correlation between seniority and the ability to make great video games.

I'm not saying I expect this game to be flawless. But it's always a possibility (until the telltale signs of failure begin to show up).

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
due to a lack of experience on their part
Bioware team had very little experience when they started working on BG. CDPR didn't make any games (only localizations) before TW1. OTOH, the team behind TToN was exceedingly experienced. There's no clear correlation between seniority and the ability to make great video games.
Replace senior with senile and you might be on to something.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Kind of like in The Witcher 1?
Of course, there was rarely good reason to pick stuff up. Non-Witcher equipment had very little value and there were none armor drops. Alchemy inventory was large, though.

ArchAngel

Arcane

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy have that (no weight though).
Its extremely annoying to manually put all that ammo into you pockets.

latest
That image is too small for human use (and too dark). And is it also a good RPG?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Also weight system per character also like in Xcom

Divinity: Original Sin technically had this, but weight limit was quite large so it wasn't an issue unless you were a hoarder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom