Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They are touring cons at the moment - E3 and now Unite in Germany. On VK there are more updates (mostly concept art), it seems they prefer to write in Russian.

Bocian

Arcane
It's not the art that got most of my attention, it's the phrases that VA's are supposed to read. If that's the style of writing we can expect from the game in general, then, well...
:hmmm:

"The name's Ekundayo, Ekun for decent ones. Used to be a carpenter in the Bristlehill village. Trolls attacked. Killed everyone but me. Will show them that was a mistake."

Remember this bridge. Used to cross it every day. But then the plague hit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page. Yes, Deep Silver is publishing partner of My.com:

These screenshots are new, I guess?

ss_717d2c215fc2d694974ffe4cb45e1d19b8f95742.jpg
ss_df5f087491f5ed4672b776e5abd7511ce55f96bb.jpg
ss_03c8857744831ede62dcacf4046229072aadc623.jpg
ss_3ff15ebacf822b87d2936b9ee3143eb7db84ce44.jpg
ss_2dd9dccf4661b9fc4ce6c9e5100bcd8d58811645.jpg
ss_7b35faa1d1b388d7b3a38aabdf0936d0683ec56a.jpg
ss_624720af8b67884a7d12aafb3d40cd55be6ebc52.jpg
ss_9dacd901f612fb065a42d8fc68c24dbd37e93175.jpg
ss_89a2ea935eed49b4cf4d55507d32c04b0a13a769.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Same release date they announced in the Kickstarter, very impressive.

Some people won't like the very simple-looking textures but they make it work. Better example of infamous Underworld Ascendant "authored look"?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah polycount seems lower and lacks modern effects, but it has very effective art direction.

Btw press release does not mention release date: https://www.kochmedia.com/en/2018/0...distribute-upcoming-rpg-pathfinder-kingmaker/

OWLCAT GAMES AND MY.COM TEAM UP WITH KOCH MEDIA / DEEP SILVER TO PROMOTE AND DISTRIBUTE UPCOMING RPG PATHFINDER: KINGMAKER

My.com and Owlcat Games team up with Koch Media / Deep Silver to promote and distribute the upcoming, critically acclaimed role playing game Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The game is the first isometric computer RPG, based on the highly popular Pathfinder Roleplaying Game by Paizo Inc., one of the world’s greatest fantasy roleplaying games.

“We have ambitious plans for Pathfinder: Kingmaker. We want to reach out to the maximum number of players across the globe, making it easily accessible, whilst at the same time maintaining the expected quality, to do right by its fanbase. Working with Deep Silver ensures we can step up our retail marketing and benefit from the unique experience offered with KOCH,” said Head of Owlcat Games Oleg Shpilchevsky.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker will take players on a tour through the infamous Stolen Lands, the dangerous and turbulent territories well known within Pathfinder fandom. The computer RPG will revisit familiar characters and well-known locations of the series’ lore as well as treat players to brand new adventures, deadly foes and unforeseen twists and turns. Fans of the fantasy pen-and-paper RPG will experience its epic, heroic universe in new ways while computer RPG gamers will discover their favorite genre in a more contemporary light.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker will challenge players as both adventurers and rulers as they will be able to claim explored lands and carve their own kingdom from the wilderness. Kingdom founding will go beyond simple stronghold-building to become a true reflection of the hero’s character and choices made throughout the game. Each kingdom will be a living thing shaped by alignment, choices, allies and the hero’s ability to lead his or her people.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Same release date they announced in the Kickstarter, very impressive.

Some people won't like the very simple-looking textures but they make it work. Better example of infamous Underworld Ascendant "authored look"?
I like it. The art style is a bit cartoony, but detailed enough that it looks like a conscious choice and not just a technological limitation (avoiding flashbacks to NWN's 3d models).

deuxhero

Arcane
So for the people who paid money to beta test: How are Paladins handled? Do you actually need to follow the Paladin code (Ala ToEE)? Do alignment shifts within game even exist (yet?)?

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Undead guards? This gives me the urge to do an evil play through. Maybe being a necromancer will actually matter in this game.

Just lol if your first playthrough won't be a Lawful Evil one
First game neutral neutral Rogue,any game neutral neutral Rogue!
Stealing is the best thing in games!

You should come visit some time, Infinitron you to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom