Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Trashos

Arcane
I saw they made sure that "diversity" is in their script, in the trailer that Fargo posted. Can anyone inform how bad the SJWism is in this game? (or if there is any)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Did anybody post the MMORPG interview?

This got me excited:

“AM: The game is huge and, as of now, we have close to one million words already written. That is still ongoing and we are not finished yet. We were recently working on the epilogues and over 100 things could happen in this part of the game alone. So, it is still growing but it is pretty big.”

Read more at:

https://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/p...oper-interview-1000012751#zEfkKjKggMZoGfiB.99
That was a cool article. I also liked how he dodged the question about inclusiveness :D

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Oh I know it's elf from DA2, thought you meant she was somehow involved in Pathfinder like voice acting (then it would be gnome girl for me then, lol)

I think Octavia is a lot cuter

pathfinder__kingmaker___octavia_by_ver1sa-dbrhb7l.jpg

302.jpg

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cannot believe Chris Avellone has prostituted himself into such a malevolent pit of pointed-earness.
I mean, hasn't he even read Pratchett's "Lords and Ladies"?

Like all Sicilians, MCA has cold iron in his blood; the fair folk cannot hurt him. Crivens, lad, he worked with Colin McComb, author of the complete book of elves (really!), and his work was untainted.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Like all Sicilians, MCA has cold iron in his blood; the fair folk cannot hurt him. Crivens, lad, he worked with Colin McComb, author of the complete book of elves (really!), and his work was untainted.
Well, the MCA interview-thread seems to suggest a mind like ... like metal. Guess Neanderthal can sleep safe (that is, surrounded with horseshoes).

frajaq

Erudite
Whats Avellone's contribution to this game's writing exactly? Or is it still unknown?

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
Cannot believe Chris Avellone has prostituted himself into such a malevolent pit of pointed-earness.
I mean, hasn't he even read Pratchett's "Lords and Ladies"?
There's no reason for concern, MCA has always hated elves (and halflings). :mca:

Whats Avellone's contribution to this game's writing exactly? Or is it still unknown?

So right now, my work has been: Revising the story, revising each chapter of the Adventure Path, general feedback, writing the aesthetic/reactive style guides for the game (on-going as new elements appear), and also specc’ing out the technical requirements for dialogue on the design side (for alignment choices, reactivity, etc).

I have also revised a number of written scripts for the game’s vertical slice, and am coordinating with editors in the States to naturalize the English as well. I haven’t altered the structure of the sequences, merely rewritten nodes. While I haven’t done much with the companions yet, that’s actually because I’ve been spending more time on the antagonists in the game and how they interact from chapter to chapter.

He's confirmed to be working on Amiri and Jubilost, but also wanted to work on three other characters.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There's no reason for concern, MCA has always hated elves (and halflings). :mca:

So right now, my work has been: Revising the story, revising each chapter of the Adventure Path, general feedback, writing the aesthetic/reactive style guides for the game (on-going as new elements appear), and also specc’ing out the technical requirements for dialogue on the design side (for alignment choices, reactivity, etc).

I have also revised a number of written scripts for the game’s vertical slice, and am coordinating with editors in the States to naturalize the English as well. I haven’t altered the structure of the sequences, merely rewritten nodes. While I haven’t done much with the companions yet, that’s actually because I’ve been spending more time on the antagonists in the game and how they interact from chapter to chapter.
He's confirmed to be working on Amiri and Jubilost, but also wanted to work on three other characters.
Sounds like he is doing some writer lead type of job, high level design and coordination. Better than what he did for TToN and other such games.
It is great that Kingmaker team brought in someone of Chris's experience to help them become better at what they do.

KK1001

Arbiter
Avellone's talents are wasted doing contract writing for everyone and their mother. He's a cut above almost every other creative in the industry, so he needs to, as much as possible, set the direction for the narrative and write as many characters as possible.

PrettyDeadman

Avellone's talents are wasted doing contract writing for everyone and their mother. He's a cut above almost every other creative in the industry, so he needs to, as much as possible, set the direction for the narrative and write as many characters as possible.
Yeah, he should join Owlcats and work as a permament high-ranking employee, not a contractor.

Ninjerk

Arcane
...but can you guys imagine the games our children will get if video game writers are trained by the video game development equivalent of Kwai Chang Caine contines doing God's work?

sstacks

Arcane
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Beta #9 - Old Sycamore

Hey Scoobs, let's leave the Old Sycamore Depths and head up to the Caves (depths are always worse than caves as taught in Dungeon Delving 101, natch). More fun with giant spiders and traps, plus an audience with the kobold chieftain (where we might have told a lie when agreeing to kill the mite queen). Gee, it sure would be sweet to take a rest. Having lots of people on ranged attack is nice. We pick up another companion who seems cool, maybe a little too cool. Right now its the more the merrier, so along she comes.

frajaq

Erudite
What difficulty are you playing sstacks ?

Game is looking good after playing PoE 2 and being disappointed in a few elements, only wish the devs would update more...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom