Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
UPDATE - Released: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ric-rtwp-rpg-with-mca-writing-out-now.124047/

kp8XESo.jpg

8aa6XYS.jpg

http://owlcatgames.com/

Owlcat Games studio is proud to unveil it is developing Pathfinder: Kingmaker – the very first isometric computer RPG based on the highly popular Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Additionally, helping shape the game’s narrative is Chris Avellone, who has worked on a variety of RPGs over the years, including Fallout 2,Fallout: New Vegas, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker will take players on a tour through the infamous Stolen Lands, the dangerous and turbulent territories well known within Pathfinder fandom. The computer RPG will revisit familiar characters and well-known locations of the series’ lore as well as treat players to brand new adventures, deadly foes and unforeseen twists and turns. Fans of the fantasy pen-and-paper RPG will experience its epic, heroic universe in new ways while computer RPG gamers will discover their favorite genre in a more contemporary light.

"I’m a Paizo fan, and a Pathfinder fan. I like the setting, the art style, the adventure paths, the card game, and the iconic characters. I’ve enjoyed playing Pathfinder with my friends (we used to be part of an Ocean’s-11 style game), and I’ve enjoyed the comics, the world, and the overall setting," said Chris Avellone."I’m excited by the prospect of bringing Pathfinder to the computer RPG world, and hope gamers will enjoy playing in the Pathfinder universe."

Owlcat Games is working very closely with Paizo Inc., the company behind the world-famous pen-and-paper RPG, to ensure a truthful digital adaptation of Golarion.

“I am very excited to be working with Owlcat Games on the first computer RPG for Pathfinder,” said Lisa Stevens, Paizo CEO. “Kingmaker is one of my all time favorite Pathfinder Adventure Paths, and from what we've seen from Owlcat Games, it is in good hands and promises to be an amazing addition to the computer RPG field.”

Pathfinder: Kingmaker will challenge players as both adventurers and rulers as they will be able to claim explored lands and carve their own kingdom from the wilderness. Kingdom founding will go beyond simple stronghold-building to become a true reflection of the hero’s character and choices made throughout the game. Each kingdom will be a living thing shaped by alignment, choices, allies and the hero’s ability to lead his or her people.

Owlcat Games is excited to show its unique ideas for Pathfinder: Kingmaker during PaizoCon 2017 this month in Seattle. For more details about Pathfinder: Kingmaker, please visit the project’s official site:www.owlcatgames.com

EXPLORE, CONQUER, RULE!
JOURNEY TO THE STOLEN LANDS
Welcome to the Stolen Lands, contested territory for centuries. Defend yourself against the threats of wilderness and rival kingdoms as you explore a world rich with history, magic, and conflict.

COMPANION FOCUSED STORY
Experience the adventure alongside living and breathing companions, each with deep stories and decisions of their own. Love them, adore them or hate them for who they are.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
Customize your character and companions with a multitude of options available in Pathfinder to make the perfect party capable of overcoming insurmountable challenges.

KINGDOM
Establish your kingdom in Stolen Lands, claim new territories, and build towns and cities. Be a wise ruler or a heavy-handed tyrant.

NARRATIVE DESIGN BY CHRIS AVELLONE

«I’m a Paizo fan, and a Pathfinder fan. I like the setting, the art style, the adventure paths, the card game, and the iconic characters. I’ve enjoyed playing Pathfinder with my friends (we used to be part of an Ocean’s-11 style game), and I’ve enjoyed the comics, the world, and the overall setting. I’m excited by the prospect of bringing Pathfinder to the computer RPG world, and hope gamers will enjoy playing in the Pathfinder universe.»

Chris worked on most of Black Isle’s internally developed projects, including Planescape: Torment, Fallout 2, and the Icewind Dale series. He then went on to work on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Fallout: New Vegas. His more recent work includes the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition with Beamdog Studios, System Shock 1 Reboot with Nightdive Studios, and Arkane Studios’ Prey.

WHO WE ARE
Owlcat Games is formed by developers who still remember how it was to make your game run on 32 Mb RAM. Since that time, we gained quite a lot of experience on our way to the 20th level of “true game developer”.

team-1.jpg

Alexander Mishulin
Creative Director. Knows everything. Rumor is that around 20 years ago he was unable to answer a specific question about multi-classing once but no one survived to prove it.

team-2.jpg

Victor Surkov
Art director. Draws at night, hides in the shadows during the daytime. Suspected of drinking the blood of outsourcers.

team-3.jpg

Alexey Drobyshevsky
Technical Director. So sneaky that even the first version of Unity was never able to force him into a corner.

team-4.jpg

Oleg Shpilchevsky
Studio Head. Crazy enough to make hardcore «brain-required» games.

Since we had been working on the Evil Islands RPG series, back in later 1990th, and we were frantically playing games like Baldur’s Gate, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, it became our dream to make a story-driven single-player computer RPG. Thanks to the recent great games of this genre, we realized that there are a lot of people as passionate as we are about classic isometric RPGs we used to know and love.

We have the experience, motivation and above all the passion for making Pathfinder: Kingmaker a big new RPG game!

So, the first Pathfinder CRPG is not developed by Obsidian. Even more, apparently it's published by My.com, the publisher of Armored Warfare. Is Paizo already a member of exes of Obsidian club?

Last edited by a moderator:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If they are using the Patfinder ruleset, I'm sold. It's not 2nd edition AD&D, but at least it is not Dragon Age 2 and 3.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Holy crap, Avellone is reaching a game industry namedropping marketing name like Kellogg on cereals.

He is everywhere this year, numenera, prey, d.os, pathfinder, at this rate he is going to write the next mario kart.

Wintermute

Augur
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Fans of the fantasy pen-and-paper RPG will experience its epic, heroic universe in new ways while computer RPG gamers will discover their favorite genre in a more contemporary light.

In other words, they're real-timing it up, and dumbing it down. Guaranteed.

DramaticPopcorn

Everything about this looks and sounds bland and generic as fuck. Can't wait to be disappointed again

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Looks like mobile garbage.

Love them, adore them or hate them for who they are.

Good for what it is.

:kingcomrade:

Everything about this looks and sounds bland and generic as fuck. Can't wait to be disappointed again

Disappointed if it doesn't come out as bland and generic?

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"I’m a Paizo fan, and a Pathfinder fan. I like the setting, the art style,
About that. In Obsidians survey about their Pathfinder RPG they posted two artstyles to choose from. On called "Early pathfinder" and the other "later Pathfinder" where the later is the obvious choice to avoid the game looking too generic.

d147abd493-cee3094ca0df476393.jpg

f8333b22b1-77211778a9f18d5605.png

Last edited:

Crichton

Prophet
I like it when any party-based fantasy rpg is released but based on that screenie and the Evil Islands reference, I'd say chances of turn-based are 0.00000000001%. You would think that the success of D:OS would change people's opinion on what's marketable but these people still seem to be convinced that RTwP will increase sales ("while computer RPG gamers will discover their favorite genre in a more contemporary light"). It's a pity, making a good RTwP combat system is 20x more difficult than making a good turn-based one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom