Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Isn't Stainless Veteran also a vatnik? Maybe he could help us also.
Who dares to summon me? What's up?
Codex needs you to get down and dirty on some fags.. by talking to them.
mt4.jpg

Negotiations about Codex NPC you mean? Well, I can translate hivemind's demands, but you also have Hamster, DramaticPopcorn, and quite a few other people. People who can into both English and Russian, I mean. I won't participate in 'dex fundraiser anyway, so I'm not sure I'm the right person for negotiations.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Any plans for a fundraiser? This game requires a Codexian NPC.
Talk to DU. We'll need somebody to talk to them and negotiate though (and not me as I'm not at home this week)
We need a Russian, me thinks.
PM me.
mt4.jpg

Negotiations about Codex NPC you mean? Well, I can translate hivemind's demands, but you also have Hamster, DramaticPopcorn, and quite a few other people. People who can into both English and Russian, I mean. I won't participate in 'dex fundraiser anyway, so I'm not sure I'm the right person for negotiations.

Read: I'm a coward, lel.

Then we have one willing to help and two soon-to-be willing to help. Infinitron DarkUnderlord Come on, DarkUnderpants.

DramaticPopcorn

Any plans for a fundraiser? This game requires a Codexian NPC.
Talk to DU. We'll need somebody to talk to them and negotiate though (and not me as I'm not at home this week)
We need a Russian, me thinks.
PM me.
mt4.jpg

Read: I'm a coward, lel.

Then we have one willing to help and two soon-to-be willing to help. Infinitron DarkUnderlord Come on, DarkUnderpants.
Don't give two shits about this, soz :positive:

PrettyDeadman

I am still available but I have to warn you - developers seem to refuse to speak in russian. They do not post any information about their game in russian internet, they don't have russian subtitles on any of their videos, they don't even have russian version of their site.
It very likely that they will not respond if adressed in russian.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014

agris

Arcane
Patron
If someone who disliked PoE's chardev and combat but likes BG1/2 with SCS could give me the low down on this... I will click a tiny brofist button under your post.

thx.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If someone who disliked PoE's chardev and combat but likes BG1/2 with SCS could give me the low down on this... I will click a tiny brofist button under your post.

thx.
Well this is certainly not going to be scs level (although their community manager said they want their wizards to have good AI), but they said their #1 inspiration is BG. Pathfinder is basically D&D 3.5 so if you played NWN1 or NWN2 character creation, combat option and spells are going to be similar to that. But the game is going to play like mix of BG1 and BG2.

Edit:
You are going to have sandbox exploration like Bg1 but also your own stronghold similar to NWN2 but more.
There is going to be more focus on companions like in BG2 with romance options as well (with LGB options). No MP or modding tools.

Resting system is going to be like PnP with need to have food, set up guard and you can get attacked while sleeping and miss first round of combat. Also characters will not be able to sleep in heavy armor. Or if you leave one guy to keep watch whole night he can fall asleep during watch and he will be tired next day and have penalties.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Thanks ArchAngel

Have they talked about why they used a WoW color palette/aesthetic? That look is usually a harbinger of a poor RPG, much like DOS 1. Are items randomly generated, hand made, a combination of both, and how are they placed? Are encounters level-scaled? A mixture of handmade and level-scaled? Is it a HP-bloat game like JRPGs? Do NPCs die and can they be resurrected, or is it using the shitty knock-out/autohealing outside of combat system? How is inventory being handled; tetris w/o size consideration (IE games), tetris w/ size (inclined JA2) or unlimited stash idiocy? Are spells cast on cooldowns or is it a vancian system? Are there spell components? How much of an emphasis on crafting items *barf* is there? BG1/2 item upgrade-style crafting, or crap-tier rpg 'craft any item you want!' crafting? Is there a journal planned? Will there be an automap? Will there be an annotate-able map? A quest compass? Will quest entries be written such that they presume you aren't using a quest compass and have to follow a read->logic->navigate workflow?

edit: because unless the answer is the appropriate yes/no to every. single. one. of these questions, wtf is this game getting KS updates posted to the main page like jesus just landed in a UFO and is handing out free automatic weapons and dank bud to everyone who will show him a drawing of muhammad?

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Thanks ArchAngel

Have they talked about why they used a WoW color palette/aesthetic? That look is usually a harbinger of a poor RPG, much like DOS 1. Are items randomly generated, hand made, a combination of both, and how are they placed? Are encounters level-scaled? A mixture of handmade and level-scaled? Is it a HP-bloat game like JRPGs? Do NPCs die and can they be resurrected, or is it using the shitty knock-out/autohealing outside of combat system? How is inventory being handled; tetris w/o size consideration (IE games), tetris w/ size (inclined JA2) or unlimited stash idiocy? Are spells cast on cooldowns or is it a vancian system? Are there spell components? How much of an emphasis on crafting items *barf* is there? BG1/2 item upgrade-style crafting, or crap-tier rpg 'craft any item you want!' crafting? Is there a journal planned? Will there be an automap? Will there be an annotate-able map? A quest compass? Will quest entries be written such that they presume you aren't using a quest compass and have to follow a read->logic->navigate workflow?
Pathfinder art from books is like that. I don't think they talked about items yet in such details. No level scaling from what they said. No HP bloat, pathfinder is like D&D 3.5.. well kind of HP bloat but those enemies also have new powerful abilities unique to them. NPCs fall down when their HP reach 0 or less and start dying and can die if your don't heal them (unless you are playing on less than Core difficulty). Inventory is a mix of PoE and BG1. Not magic stash that holds all items but like in PoE party has a shared inventory screen and one shared big bag that is like all BG ones combined on one screen. Spellcasting is pure PnP so Vancian. Spell components were not mentioned, I doubt they are going to used. Crafting magic items will be available through your royal artisans in your castle/kingdom. I don't know anything about how journal will work. I am pretty sure there will be an automap. No idea if you can anote it. I doubt a quest compass will exist, this game is trying to cater to IE and Pathfinder crowd. I don't know how quest descriptions will work.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you got more questions I got more answers :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom