Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cael

Arcane
That's a good change. Negative levels were a fucking nightmare on PnP.
It was in 1st and 2nd Ed.

3.x was simple and elegant, and pretty brutal if you abuse Split Ray, Enervation and metamagic level reducing feats.

L'Montes

Educated
I was disappointed to see classes like Oracle and Vampire Hunter didn't make it in (others I can understand). That aside, I feel like I'm looking forward more to the codex reaction than the game at the moment.

Yep, I'm surprised Oracles didn't make it in. They are a popular class in the tabletop.

Spontaneous casting clerics with some cool class features.

Oracles were part of what got me interested in Pathfinder originally. I found the mystery and curse system interesting as a mechanic and sort of risk-balancing feature. My first rolled one was a Dual-cursed Oracle:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas...es/paizo-oracle-archetypes/dual-cursed-oracle

Of course, they also said they might add more races and classes later. I suppose we'll see.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
BTW, coincidence?

673cb22f2c842ed57f154663b7a5014b32983a0f152631a0bd5296ab29b516e3.jpg

mL1825_1024x1024.jpg

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With Norwegian prices the GOG version costs the equivalent of 10€ more than the steam version. Even with the compensation for regional pricing (about 5€ in Wallet funds) the discrepancy is more than 5€. Surely that's bad business for GOG? I know that if I were planning on buying this, I'd get it on Steam, even though I prefer GOG on principle. Is GOG just more expensive in general, or is the regional pricing to blame?

Suicidal

Arcane
Game looks nice, like an improved NWN 2. Somehow I learned about it just recently and completely missed the Kickstarter stuff. Does anyone know if they have any planned DLC? Thinking if I should leave it for later or bump it up the priority list.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
With Norwegian prices the GOG version costs the equivalent of 10€ more than the steam version. Even with the compensation for regional pricing (about 5€ in Wallet funds) the discrepancy is more than 5€. Surely that's bad business for GOG? I know that if I were planning on buying this, I'd get it on Steam, even though I prefer GOG on principle. Is GOG just more expensive in general, or is the regional pricing to blame?
It varies. Some games in some regions have better prices on GOG, others on Steam.

Game looks nice, like an improved NWN 2. Somehow I learned about it just recently and completely missed the Kickstarter stuff. Does anyone know if they have any planned DLC? Thinking if I should leave it for later or bump it up the priority list.
There will be DLC/expansions, that is why there is a season pass to buy.

Suicidal

Arcane
Just finished downloading on steam. Wont launch. missing exe file.

Yeah I'm watching Cohhcarnage's stream of this game right now and the Steam version doesn't work for him so he's installing it from Steam and GoG at the same time to see which one works 1st.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Sweet, sweet Imperial Edition. It looks like my beta key turned into a real key somehow so now I have both steam and gog edition. They did indeed throw in the season pass if you pledged 95 or more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom