Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Pathfinder: Kingmaker Codex Fundraiser - Better Late Than Never

PrettyDeadman

GIMME DEMME PATHFINDER DOLLAR BILLS!

Quantomas

Savant
To bring some form of closure to this, I raised the issue with the devs and they are also not happy about the situation. This is good enough for me. They will monitor the performance of their CM.

That said, we do not need to let that weigh on the Codex fundraiser and should go on to create a quest that rocks!

I would also like to dispel the notion that the CM's closing of the Owlcat forum thread is a personal issue for me. No, I don't take anything said on the internet personal. At the time of closing the argument itself had long finished and they had lost it utterly. But you could feel them simmering. Then another backer brought up that he also felt that the CM is offensive, who responded casually that the backer cannot prove that this was directed at him. So the backer brought up a great analogy that is worth quoting:

Nortar said:
One cannot just walk into a dwarven tavern, say they absolutely despise anyone who has beard and enjoys beer; and honestly believe they did not insult anyone personally.

I said that's a great analogy and surely should give the CM something to think. This caused the closing of the thread. In principle I have no complaints about that as this brought real focus to the issue.

Back to what ArchAngel said, I understand the sentiment that we should not let the Codex fundraiser be derailed.

But for me the internet is a form of intelligence. At its current state its intelligence is low, there is an abundance of misdirected stuff, unsubstantiated, misleading and unfocused. I see this as a transitional state. The big forces in the universe are entropy (chaos) and its counter, often termed order, but truly intelligence. Nature is a master of teaching us this fundamental truth. Earth without living organisms would be a wasteland ravaged by fierce storms and extreme weather most people can't imagine. Life evolved in a way that the ecosystems interwove with each other, gradually reduced the level of entropy, and successively could claim more and more habitats. That permeates all levels of life, from the genetic over the metabolism to the behaviour and complex interactions in today's ecosystems. It's a form of intelligence that counters entropy. Human civilization began when the level of entropy had subsided sufficiently for agriculture to take place. Nothing humans have built in this age comes even remotely close in efficiency to what nature has achieved, and yet they are busy as hell to bring it down, destroying what sustains them.

Back to the internet, you can say that no amount of what I can say will change its current state, it's like a grain of sand in an infinite desert. I can't address everything, and sometimes I am too busy to say anything at all. But you should not underestimate the power of intelligence. If you improve something only a tiny bit but it addresses the fundamentals, how you think, the way you learn and how you focus on things, even these small seeds can have an impact. If you upgrade something, let's say a tiny fraction like 1.0001, propagated over a vast network of nodes that multiplies the signal thousands and millions of times, it adds up to improve the behaviour of the entire system.

While that is a technical view of things, it fits the interaction of humans with the internet neatly. I don't think it's right to let things stand that are hardly more than perpetuated opinions, and often it's the context that reveals this bias. It is well worth to address and discuss issues focused, respectfully and accurately based on facts. Even if the merit is little more than the chance that a few people will see it for what it is, learn from it and think for themselves.

Last edited:

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
But being rude to backers who have put down money in good faith and telling them to go someplace else is a sure way to diminish your community. And to make sure they don't touch a Kickstarter again.
While publicly being the polite bigger man is generally advisable in business, those backers who have put down money in (factually bigoted) "good faith" are rudely complaining about an element they knew very well would be part of the game long before the campaign ended, so fuck those triggered crybabies doubly.

Quantomas

Savant
those backers [..] are rudely complaining about an element they knew very well would be part of the game long before the campaign ended
I grant you this point fully.

However, my comment was directed at telling the backers to go someplace else. They could simply let the discussion in the Things you feel are ruining (c)RPG thread run its course. I have no problem with a discussion going one way or another. I even went to Paizo's messageboards to get the arguments lacking from the thread at the Owlcat forum. There was no heated debate at all, but people who genuinely enjoyed discussing this topic and helping out to create a better roleplaying experience. It's a pity that Paizo shut down this thread and deleted the responses. I feel particularly sorry for Isonaroc who truly made a point about the human dimension, and also theJeff who explained the issues truly well.

I apologize unreservedly for bringing this discussion to the Pathfinder: Kingmaker news thread on the Codex. This was an error. I made this in the hope that my point to make romances adjustable to player preferences would find acceptance. I can see now that this was misguided and poor judgement on my part. Infinitron had it right to move this discussion to a separate thread, which I should have done right from the start.

Bocian

Arcane
(factually bigoted)

so fuck those triggered crybabies doubly.

safespace.png

Better add me to your ~200 strong ignore list, pansy boy. That's the only way you can handle the Codex.

PrettyDeadman

I mist the drama,what is the big deal?Is this going to become a tranny sex sim or something?
Tranny sex sim is so 2007.
In the current year they want to make tranny sex mandatory for everyone!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I mist the drama,what is the big deal?Is this going to become a tranny sex sim or something?
Tranny sex sim is so 2007.
In the current year they want to make tranny sex mandatory for everyone!
I don't see how it will be mandatory in this game. Will having tranny sex be part of a major quest ? I doubt it.
Then just ignore whatever they decide to add to the game. I doubt they are going to go the route of Bioware and have NPCs preach to us about 21st century morality in medieval fantasy game.

Quantomas

Savant
I don't see how it will be mandatory in this game. Will having tranny sex be part of a major quest ? I doubt it.
Then just ignore whatever they decide to add to the game. I doubt they are going to go the route of Bioware and have NPCs preach to us about 21st century morality in medieval fantasy game.

I hope you are right. MCA's greatest characters, the Nameless One, Kreia and Durance, were all about redemption. Each one more angry than the last. They were lost without the truth.

But if you look at his latest works, Erritis for example, I fear he has lost his edge. His latest rant really shook my faith. I don't know what he is up to — and what might be in Pathfinder: Kingmaker and what not.

I wished he were fully onboard to make Pathfinder: Kingmaker the biggest success it could be and not have his head in the clouds. This is a historic chance for the Russians to tackle a genre properly that has been firmly in the hand of the West.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I hope you are right. MCA's greatest characters, the Nameless One, Kreia and Durance, were all about redemption. Each one more angry than the last. They were lost without the truth.

But if you look at his latest works, Erritis for example, I fear he has lost his edge. His latest rant really shook my faith. I don't know what he is up to — and what might be in Pathfinder: Kingmaker and what not.

I wished he were fully onboard to make Pathfinder: Kingmaker the biggest success it could be and not have his head in the clouds. This is a historic chance for the Russians to tackle a genre properly that has been firmly in the hand of the West.
Worst thing about Russian rpgs is that they have the imagination and creativity but lack the money to make a great game and the market share.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
(factually bigoted)

safespace.png

Better add me to your ~200 strong ignore list, pansy boy. That's the only way you can handle the Codex.
1) Ooh, a bigot having trouble accepting the definition of the word, what else is new?
2) Reading must not be your strong suit, as you've been on that list since before my previous comment. And am I silencing you, you ludicrous baboon? Nope, I'm not. I merely refuse to waste any of my time reading the verbal phlegm of disgusting retarded totalitarian excuses for human beings and/or people that keep diverting discussions to the same old, tired manifestos about certain game mechanics if I can help it - unless it seems like they're actually contributing to an interesting discussion for a change or, as right now, I'm simply bored; that's where the "show ignored content" button comes in handy.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
(factually bigoted)

safespace.png

1) Ooh, a bigot having trouble accepting the definition of the word, what else is new?
2) Reading must not be your strong suit, as you've been on that list since before my previous comment. And am I silencing you, you ludicrous baboon? Nope, I'm not. I merely refuse to waste any of my time reading the verbal phlegm of disgusting retarded totalitarian excuses for human beings and/or people that keep diverting discussions to the same old, tired manifestos about certain game mechanics if I can help it - unless it seems like they're actually contributing to an interesting discussion for a change or, as right now, I'm simply bored; that's where the "show ignored content" button comes in handy.
TyWVZgu.gif

PrettyDeadman

Money should be send ASAP! They are going to start selling early access to the game, and in order to buy that I need to assume FULL AND DIRECT CONTROL of my pledge.

PrettyDeadman

BREAKING NEWS!

German game journalist Sascha Penzhorn EXPOSED as Owlcats community manager Berserkerkitten.
Read this article to know TOP 10 reasons why he absolutely HATED Grimoire.

Also, can admins please give us an update on pathfinder kingmaker rpgcodex fundraiser campaign? When should we expect a letter with information needed to access your backer account?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
grimoire is an overhyped buggy piece of shit game with clip art assets and an interface from hell, sold at $40. what's there not to like about it?

Mustawd

grimoire is an overhyped buggy piece of shit game with clip art assets and an interface from hell, sold at $40. what's there not to like about it?

Sup Sascha.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom