Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So bruddas, how much damage and hp should should I have to safely do endless lab? My only defenses are thief's torment + 6 aps and a 18k evasion + 25% more evade from raider ascendency.

That's it. Anything not on this list is dumpster tier.
I have a rare quiver with +70 hp, +20% all ele resists and +20% ele attack damage. It doesn't feel like it should go in a dumpster.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Then I say wait for better gear. Last Izaro room don't have much space to maneuver (unless you get lucky and find trap disabling darkshrine)

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you are killing map bosses fast enough go for it. I can advice you tu try unbuffed Izaro first
This is good advice. Problem is, I feel like I'm killing map bosses quite slowly.

question is then, are you patient to suffer through bullet hell? maybe get flask charges from pantheon
Izaro gets bullet hell in endgame?

I totally would cheese it and reroll lab until I got the trap disabling dark shrine. Perma divine shrine would be nice too.

T. Reich

Arcane
Are you guys seriously discussing uber Izaro fight like it's some kind of extreme skill challenge?

Vast majority of the time, you're fine simply running circles around Izaro and hacking him while he's on cooldown after performing one of his big dik aoe attacks.
Izaro is pretty slow - he's an old man, ffs!
Just don't stand in the spikes/lava when you decide to attack him.:stupid:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Ripped against yellow elder at 20%. Fucking crit ground slam. Never went into his second phase because I dodged out of the arena to refill hp pots I guess.

New record is 86, and this time with Official Hipster Build*. I will miss base 130% movement speed though

*As confirmed by @T.Reich

Next build: more layers! Pretty psyched about trying to make a build that runs blasphemy enfeeble+chains.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm just ssf running around with rain of arrows and it's fun, but if something hits me - i'm ded.

Reinhardt

Arcane
:shredder:

I'm just ssf arc witch running incursion temple. Had one explosive charge and option to clear road to boss or to lvl 3 armor room. Chose armor room, hoping for cards chest and

kdmzdh.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Fired up after 2 weeks of playing Grim Dawn. Fucking hell i now understand why people say PoE combat is clunky as fuuuck especially melee.

While Grim Dawn has nothing system wise (though it has interesting elements) it is just plain fun to even use default attack. Basically Blademaster without any active skill (just proc chance to do extradamage or some Aoe damage) plays amazing. Build such as this would be almost vomit inducing in PoE. Also after being fan of death animations in PoE for few years after Grim Dawn i am in camp of physic based death animations or mix of them.

Other huge change is just how much better combat strategy wise in Grim Dawn is. In PoE either you kill everything or they kill you, not much strategy. It doesn't matter if you want to kill archers or close ones because either way all of them do obscene amount of damage. In GD i often used movement skills to first get squishy mages that can slow/fuck me up and then go for grunts, or use movement skills to skip past some ground attacks etc, in PoE movement skills are just for moving instead of strategically moving around.

If someone could combine GD combat with PoE systems and kill whoever got idea about increasing monster pack sizes years ago...

Radech

Augur
In GD i often used movement skills to first get squishy mages that can slow/fuck me up and then go for grunts, or use movement skills to skip past some ground attacks etc, in PoE movement skills are just for moving instead of strategically moving around.

This used to be the case in poe too(well technically still is with other allies cannot die, but that's forced), and go look at a shaper/guardian fight, there's a ton of shit you need movement skills to dodge. I remember zerging archmages on battlefront, before they got that rippy shield up, there were also those degen guys in lunaris temple that you had to identify quickly or they would melt you. Powercreep is real though and now you just blow up screens and loot :(

Maybe I should give Grim Dawn a runthrough soonish, just gotta at least try uber elder first :P ( got my first shaper kill this league :D )

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Did a necro on a whim about a week ago, it's easy mode, everything melts both uber and atziri, didn't even care about resists during campaign.

abija

Prophet
In GD i often used movement skills to first get squishy mages that can slow/fuck me up and then go for grunts, or use movement skills to skip past some ground attacks etc, in PoE movement skills are just for moving instead of strategically moving around.

If someone could combine GD combat with PoE systems and kill whoever got idea about increasing monster pack sizes years ago...

You had a shit build (or gear) in GD, that's all, movement skills have same function. Completely agree about wanting less (MUCH MUCH less) aoe based combat in PoE, but same thing applies to GD (it could be possible that in GD is slower to get your char strong enough but considering I only played it twice and both builds turned into brainded play quite fast I doubt that's the case).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Did a necro on a whim about a week ago, it's easy mode, everything melts both uber and atziri, didn't even care about resists during campaign.
True, never bothered with mages or summoner-like classes in other actionRPGs but this one is exception. They were far more comfortable than melee characters.
Went with necro armed with Pledge of Hand to spam skele mages, game were constantly switching to pixelated mess on the screen thanks to the Dynamic Resolution.
Couldn't beat the Hall of Wankmasters (obviously) and guardians but still got a lot of fun.

Next class - ele inq with claws melted Shaper today. It went way faster than two leagues back thanks to the 1ex claw, Blood Rage and Dying Sun.
It was actually easier than beating Guardians maps for Altas bonus (alch+vaal). Died one time for 3 black balls at bullet hell phase, then again when enter the portal and get U DIED message, second later holes from black balls started rendering. Thanks GGG.
My reward? Another Dying Sun. Two leagues back they gave me whooping gloves to shove in my ass without contacting syphilis.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
So anyone planning to be part of the Flashback race (or at least longer than reaching lvl 35 to get access to free MTX) ?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Probably just for that but I dunno.
I tried playing flashback leagues in the past for fun and I think they are more fun than regular season leagues. All the extra map mods that get tacked on from Flashback create a crazy fun mapping experience. Also much harder than usual that provide the challenge that some think is missing in PoE.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So anyone planning to be part of the Flashback race (or at least longer than reaching lvl 35 to get access to free MTX) ?
Seeing how there is 750 full MTX sets for 95+ I'm shooting for at least one of those. I don't expect more than ~400 people to even hit 95+, so that's free MTX, maybe even two.

T. Reich

Arcane
Seeing how there is 750 full MTX sets for 95+ I'm shooting for at least one of those. I don't expect more than ~400 people to even hit 95+, so that's free MTX, maybe even two.

Outside of the Demigod's, the prize pool will be shared among all versions of the event.
The event lasts for 4 weeks.
The exp gain is much easier during Flashback.
Flashback always attracts a great deal of players.
Even I can get lvl95 under these conditions unless I'm bored.
I can guarantee you right now that there will be thousands of 95+ chars by the end of Flashback.

EDIT: Bestiary flashback had 4298 lvl95+ chars in the SC non-SSF alone. With both SSF versions and HC it's probably 5k+.
And Incursion was WAY more popular than Bestiary.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom