Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
IB buff is rather pointless.

AOE-wise, a properly-built IB kills entire screen in 1(one) hit. No multistrike/ancestral call required, but melee splash is rather recommended.
Single-target wise, default IB would destroy any rare with the surrounding trash corpse explosions, and for bosses you'd switch it up with molten strike and deal WAY more single-target damage.
I played IB slayer in Harbinger to endgame, and it was heaps of fun, and anything but weak. With all the power creep that happened since then, it's even stronger now.

T. Reich

Arcane
2h. Kongor's rage + ele overload = lots of fun. You can drop EO, pick up RT and go for a number of other good 2h weapons, though.
Another good option is to go unarmed - you will become the one-punch man, and it's hella fun. Drawback - lose the molten strike single target option.
I tried theorycrafting with 1h+shield, but the damage was rather lackluster for my taste (or I theorycrafted it wrong).

Here's a 3.2.0 theorycraft rework of my 2h build, but as chieftain
. Slayer is fine, too, but chieftain's package for phys-to-fire attack builds is just too good.
I guess I'll theorycraft the unarmed version as well now, also likely as chieftain.
I'll also explore the 1h options:
1h+shield: BIS main hand is hands down Doryani's Catalist - decent enough pdps on high rolls + a lot of % elemental damage to scale both melee hit and splosions. Shield is matter of choice: either Lycosidae to go EO, or some good tanky shield otherwise.
1h+offhand. Seems like the shitter option - the only offhand weapon types compatible with IB (as in not used by the skill) are claws and daggers, and neither would have any decently synergistic damage boosting affixes for the rest of the build.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The new incinerate looks majestic as fuck. The visual upgrades skills get are a very welcomed addition recently. There is also the one for freeze pulse teased in the same post.

Was thinking about playing the new incinerate next league, but it will probable be mega meta and prices will be sky high.

Lets see some of the new gems coming with next league.

T. Reich

Arcane
I'm gonna be excited about FP only when they announce that it now passes over terrain obtacles AND through narrow passages.
Otherwise it's still trash-tier unless you only run wide open map layouts.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I'm gonna be excited about FP only when they announce that it now passes over terrain obtacles AND through narrow passages.
Otherwise it's still trash-tier unless you only run wide open map layouts.
That marvelous feature comes only with engine improvements and no sooner than PoE 4.0!

Buy supporter packs to get there sooner!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Also, league reveal in less than 24h!

My guess for the color is soft teal. And league name is Necrosis.

The necromancer is the only class/ascendancy you can select.

Summon zombies is the only skill gem.

See how well Mathil does now!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
We motherfucking Indiana Jones now boys!

Also, conquistador outfits and Aztec temples.

Sounds like a fun expansion.

And zero nets needed!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Interesting, but I wonder what the frequency will be.

Seems that while leveling, going to the real temple would completely mess up your progression (although I guess GGG may have thought of this and made temple size scale with your level or something).

Looks like a cool league, but now I'm wondering if muh planned skeleton dark pact will be too slow to enjoy it.

Doing crit lightning trapper... need to decide on ascendancy somehow
I'd guess inquisitor/assassin for dps, saboteur for survivability. I suspect saboteur is better just for the 50% increased cooldown recovery.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Seems that while leveling, going to the real temple would completely mess up your progression (although I guess GGG may have thought of this and made temple size scale with your level or something).

Looks like a cool league, but now I'm wondering if muh planned skeleton dark pact will be too slow to enjoy it.

Doing crit lightning trapper... need to decide on ascendancy somehow
I'd guess inquisitor/assassin for dps, saboteur for survivability. I suspect saboteur is better just for the 50% increased cooldown recovery.
I am going to do a Trickster Blade Vortex (or maybe a Inquisitor). New BV has same max blades damage but you can easily keep 10 blades max at all times doing max damage all the time. Also Vaal BV seems very cool.

Hyperion

Arcane
Every zone / map will have Alva and a portal traveling back in time. You get 11 visits to upgrade / unlock in the past before visiting in the present. Your actions in the past affect the Present Day Temple. Not killing all of the poison plant enemies makes them appear in the present. Not destroying some sword gives enemies extra damage. Every trip to the Temple provides you with 2 bosses - an Architect and a Fake. Killing the fake upgrades the room from a Tier I > II > III. This ups difficulty and rewards. In maps, all map mods are inherited when visiting the Temple in either Past or Present.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
am going to do a Trickster Blade Vortex (or maybe a Inquisitor). New BV has same max blades damage but you can easily keep 10 blades max at all times doing max damage all the time. Also Vaal BV seems very cool.
They dropped max blades even further to 10?

Every zone / map will have Alva and a portal traveling back in time. You get 11 visits to upgrade / unlock in the past before visiting in the present. Your actions in the past affect the Present Day Temple. Not killing all of the poison plant enemies makes them appear in the present. Not destroying some sword gives enemies extra damage. Every trip to the Temple provides you with 2 bosses - an Architect and a Fake. Killing the fake upgrades the room from a Tier I > II > III. This ups difficulty and rewards. In maps, all map mods are inherited when visiting the Temple in either Past or Present.
Seems like there will be a lot of running past mobs while doing the acts then.

Balor

Arcane
Temple is, basically, a Lab alternative with different rewards and progression.
Actually makes a lot of sense - running lab multiple times already got a bit stale, and seems kinda stupid lore-wise - you do it to get ascendancy, but 'farming' over and over again, while certainly profitable, seems wrong somehow to me...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom