Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by raw, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Zdzisiu Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    But he set his target fps at 10!

And Ice storm sure is fun, like fire storm it benefits greatly with prolonged casting. The damage just snowballs like crazy then.

GGG said that they will run some kind of flashback even before next league, I will probably play it as Frostballs totem Hiero for the sweet sweet one button gameplay.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    That is very 3.0, now it is about Glacial Cascade totems.

^ Top  
  3. Zdzisiu Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    Or maybe I should go quad Icestorm totems. I wonder how well that would work.

^ Top  
  4. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    About 5 FPS well.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Zdzisiu Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    So, who wants to play in a party?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. lukaszek Arcane

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    thats so 2017. In 2018 one runs with RF(or some masochist build) and no button gameplay.

Obviously not counting movement but will get there one day: auto-explore toggle on/off.

I can already envision myself become famous poe streamer. Would call myself invisible-exile. My streams will show empty chair and my build auto-walking around and death will follow.
    Next step will be putting it on HC and allowing people to make bets when will I die.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    You can already do that, just get one of the bots and stream its gameplay :D

^ Top  
  8. lukaszek Arcane

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    its not the same

^ Top  
  9. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    That's because damage conversion (and related x% of damage type y dealt as extra z damage) are the new double dipping.

Also, My sweet icestormer ripped today. Because I forgot to have a freeze immunity potion :retarded:. Think I'll wait until next league for my next run. Managed to go from start to having beaten kitava in 10 hours and 5 minutes though, which feels pretty good.

Question for the poe gurus since google has failed me: how large of a % is the typical monster reflect? I was tinkering a bit with a blade vortex inquisitor and after looking at the hit damage of a crit I started to have doubts.

^ Top  
  10. Zdzisiu Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    The only reflect you need to worry about is the map mod. It goes like this 13/15/18% of damage dealt to the monster is reflected back to you. There is elemental reflect and physical reflect. Chaos damage does not reflect. Damage over time does not reflect.

The reflected damage is lowered by your defenses but the real killer in case of reflect is when you hit a big pack of monsters. You can overcome reflect from one or two mobs, but being hit by reflect from 30+ mobs at once can be deadly.

Edit: And crit is the real kicker with reflect. You crit a nice pack of blue monsters and reflect annihilates your ass. Unless you are one of the ascendancies immune to reflect damage.

^ Top  
  11. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    Parrots:
    Monster reflect is somehwere between 13-15% range. Scratch that, it's now been reworked to be this stupid mortar thing that deals damage based on % of mob life.

If your build has good defenses and damage, killing a single rare mob with reflect will not endanger you.

Especially since you can manually dodge it now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Is this kind of reflect still dogeable? If not I guess one can always just not do reflect maps and be mostly fine.

^ Top  
  13. Zdzisiu Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    If you mean a manual dodge then no, this kind of reflect is straight up damage to your character, nothing to manually dodge.

If you mean if your dodge stat has an impact then yes. Reflect attack damage can be blocked with block stat and dodged with dodge stat, spell reflect damage can be blocked/dodged with spell block/dodge stat.

Reflect damage from attacks (not spells) can be evaded with your evasion stat. It uses your accuracy rating to calculate chance to hit you.

Not doing reflect maps is a common thing.

Sure, if you play with DoT damage or totems or minions or mines or traps or chaos damage skills then reflects doesn't matter to you.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Parrots:
    You can dodge, block, evade, and resist reflected damage. The Elementalist and Slayer ascendancies (and their Scion versions) don't take reflected elemental and physical damage at all. Assassin ascendancy (and the Scion version) also has a special node that keeps crits from reflecting. Other than that you can stack reflect reduction (40% sibyl's lament, 25% yugul pantheon, and 2x10% elemental or 1x10% physical), but it won't reach 100% unless you go elemental, equip a bow, and use an essence of insanity on your remaining ring and quiver slot, which is most likely not happening.

Permacrit assassin works well, but if you are going elemental crit, usually the Inquisitor ascendancy is better.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. lukaszek Arcane

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    one of my ranger builds was faring against reflect well due to not being able to hit herself :positive:

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Hyperion Magister

Hyperion
    Parrots:
    Vaal Skills being completely redone! New Vaal Skills being added! Vaal Gems give (and thus link) both the Regular AND Vaal skill in a single gem. Bosses will give Souls as their health drops - allowing for Vaal skills in arena fights / lab.

Reave just went from popular to most played 'melee' skill. Lightning Strike is a reliable boss killer AND clearing skill.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2139315/page/1#p15504517

Show Spoiler

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Nice!

Now I'm really tempted to try and make my call lightning build work.

^ Top  
  18. lukaszek Arcane

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    heh, you will get RF kill switch without sacrificing flask slot.

in general poe seem to be getting into CCCCOMBO points!
    Would be sad to play non vaal version of skills.

^ Top  
  19. Cyberarmy Arcane Patron

Cyberarmy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It feels like 2012!

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    I would guess vaal skills will still not work with trigger skills, do not work with some supports and how do you get a lvl 21 vaal version of skill that has 20% quality?

^ Top  
  21. Hyperion Magister

Hyperion
    Parrots:
    Multistrike / Spell Echo / Ancestral Call all confirmed.

Bestiary for the former. Vaaling a 20% Quality Skill Gem and hoping it becomes the Vaal counterpart for the latter, I guess.

Gem farming Uber Lab will remain profitable for more than 3 days on SC now?

^ Top  
  22. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Bestiary does not give q20. Vaaling a skill can only give you a lvl 21 OR a Vaal version but not both.

^ Top  
  23. Hyperion Magister

Hyperion
    Parrots:
    There's gotta be SOME downside to using a Vaal Gem.

^ Top  
  24. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    Parrots:
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  25. Jason Liang Cipher

Jason Liang
    Parrots:
    So this works perfectly with Vaal Summon Skeletons + Spell Totem right?

The regular Summon Skeletons will link to Spell Totem, while the Vaal version wont?

Wow this will make most of the Vaal skills good. Vaal auras...

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)