Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Starting a mappool has always been rough, harbinger skewed everyones perception of how hard it is to get up maptiers by having an easy option with Horizon/Harbinger Orbs . Hitting a shitty streak feels incredibly bad, I suggest buying yourself some caer blaidds to get started if you're having trouble pushing into t10+.

AoE doesn't scale the projectile part, so conc effect is useless
I'm fairly sure it does, since the projectiles work very similar to Molten Strike in that they spawn in a fairly randomized pattern around the cremation, and then explode in an AoE.
Remember than when you run elefocus+immolation that you will need some way to keep enemies burning, otherwise immolate won't do anything. Flamedash/Firetap work in a pinch but are fairly clunky to use.

Gerrard

Arcane
Starting a mappool has always been rough, harbinger skewed everyones perception of how hard it is to get up maptiers by having an easy option with Horizon/Harbinger Orbs . Hitting a shitty streak feels incredibly bad, I suggest buying yourself some caer blaidds to get started if you're having trouble pushing into t10+.
No it hasn't, and I never had this kind of issues in Breach or Atlas. In Harbinger I haven't even used any orbs until I got to around T10.
I did 10 T3 maps and got 0 T4 maps. Fuck this.

T. Reich

Arcane
Is it just me, or is the drop rate for maps in this patch absolute garbage? I had 8 maps after killing Kitava and now I can't even get out of fucking T3 because nothing drops, not even from bosses. What the fuck?

It sorta felt like this at first for me as well, but it got somewhat better now. Buy maps from Zana - it really helps early on.

Saark I reckon that DD/VD that is linked with chance to ignite will be more than adequate for the task. Plus it's going to have approx 10% crit chance, so it will semi-reliably proc EO as well.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
No it hasn't, and I never had this kind of issues in Breach or Atlas. In Harbinger I haven't even used any orbs until I got to around T10.
I did 10 T3 maps and got 0 T4 maps. Fuck this.
Sounds like an unlucky dry-streak, eventually you'll get up there. I had no trouble breaking into yellow maps, maybe 30+ maps or so. Was somewhat unlucky with shaped-influence and had to do about 100 maps before I could finally start the event with the elder by doing a shaper-influenced T6.
Saark I reckon that DD/VD that is linked with chance to ignite will be more than adequate for the task. Plus it's going to have approx 10% crit chance, so it will semi-reliably proc EO as well.
Yeah that should work fairly well. Depending on how you want to set everything up, either way works fine. I was doing Conc/EleFocus/CD as my Cremation 4L and it was already doing good dps on bosses, took me about 10sec for bosses in T8+, less if I could facetank it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does not seem that great. Helm has no life on it. To get life you need to socket two abyss jewels and it seems you lose two skill gems sockets.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The helm is actually pretty damn good because you can link the spirit burst which can be used to make a Vaal Fireball/Spark-like build.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Really weird - first you kill off CoC discharge cuz it clears loltoofast, then you kill off vspark for the same reason, then you put down vfb because it's the same.

Then you release a unique that does precisely the same thing all over again. And it probably hasn't been broken in properly yet.

canakin

Cipher
Wow I stopped playing during perandus, they added so many new bullshit bosses lol. Path of Dodge the particle effect.

Gerrard

Arcane
So I caved and bought a T5 map from Zana, ran it, got one T6 drop from it, alched that, ran it, got one T2. So I'm back to being stuck in T3.

:dead:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally brought my Lightning Tendrils Inquisitor to maps (I got a RL :P) . I cba to get good gear so I got barely enough resists to have 75% in all 3 res. I tried Lookout map and it is kind of cool. Too bad I don't farm lvl 1 maps.
Even crap rare daggers are too expensive so I bought some OKish 2x Divinarius instead for now until I farm 50c or more for 2 rare daggers.

T. Reich

Arcane
Bought a single map lul.
I bought a total of probably 25-30 maps from Zana so far.
By virtue of my playstyle, she mostly sells me level-appropriate tiers (currently I'm filling out t6-8 maps, so I get a lot of those from her).
I even buy those blue, despite the fact that I won't get the atlas completion bonus right away.
Once she falls behind in terms of usefulness of her stock (should happen this weekend), I'll either achieve self-sufficiency, or will resort to buying red-tier maps from the other players - I expect the map prices to fall off reasonably by then.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Bought a single map lul.
I bought a total of probably 25-30 maps from Zana so far.
By virtue of my playstyle, she mostly sells me level-appropriate tiers (currently I'm filling out t6-8 maps, so I get a lot of those from her).
I even buy those blue, despite the fact that I won't get the atlas completion bonus right away.
Once she falls behind in terms of usefulness of her stock (should happen this weekend), I'll either achieve self-sufficiency, or will resort to buying red-tier maps from the other players - I expect the map prices to fall off reasonably by then.
Even in last league I was buying maps from zana that I didn't have unlocked on Atlas. I am a pack rat so I avoided using map shaping currency when I could :D

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Wait wait wait, there are TEN acts in the game, not 5?
Fucking hell that is a lot of game for basically no cost but at the same time the sheer idea of playing that long turns me off.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It's not that long. You can pass most enemies and only mow down large groups. That way you can beat the game at least 2x faster if not 3 times...

Beat the Kitava. My map cleaning build could not clean these fuckin heart swarms fast enough. Whatever, cleaned most white maps (on lvl63) without sweat...
They promised to change XP grow on maps and what a surprise - they did it. It almost remind me good ol' days of Dried Lake Grindfest...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I have a genuinely hard time figuring out how to make a proper build. The guides available aren't all that helpful either.
Call me a goddamn casul but at least in Grim Dawn or D3 you can't fuck up your character by making suboptimal choices.

virgin_newfag

Novice
Tfw I'm finally getting a new PC with an SSD and can start playing PoE again, after 4 patches of infinite loading times/game freezes

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Tfw I'm finally getting a new PC with an SSD and can start playing PoE again, after 4 patches of infinite loading times/game freezes
Oh yes, ssd is a godsend for PoE, the loading times are lightning fast on it.

Also, they seriously buffed the Lich spawning chance, we encountered one with Reich, and then I got another one solo.

It dropped those gloves: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tombfist

Not that arousing, but that maim on hit isn't bad, free -30% movespeed on mobs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom