Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Hyperion

Arcane
Queue is in mid-5 digits after like 10 minutes. Fucking nerds.

Blaine It's alright bro, I just bought the Subjugator pack on a whim because why the fuck not. White dude, disposable income etc. etc.

:mixedemotions:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Malachai vs 20% Fireres. Fuck me for being overconfident.

e4ebff7dd5.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Ancesteral call is like OP of OP things. Take any long not used skill like lighting strike, double strike etc and it just rolls.

Double strike + melee splash effectively works like any other AOE spell now.

You get it from Fetid pool quest (assuming your character will have it)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Ancesteral call is like OP of OP things. Take any long not used skill like lighting strike, double strike etc and it just rolls.

Double strike + melee splash effectively works like any other AOE spell now.

You get it from Fetid pool quest (assuming your character will have it)
Can it support any fun minions? Seems like something they'd forget to test.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
After dying that stupid death I decided to just relax and test out the new gems. Had to scratch the idea of taking it slow because with how fucking crazy both the new detonate dead and cremation are, everything has been pretty much a cakewalk. Malachai took all of 10 seconds, all hearts included, Kitava got exactly 2 attacks off before I went through all of his phases. Whoever thought this level of damage during leveling is justified was probably the same dude who designed the original flame totem/searing bond/bladefall. With heavy AoE investment Detonate Dead is rivaling Nihlathaks CE.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What's the interaction between spell cascade, vortex and frostbolt?

I assume vortex+spell cascade does nothing, but if there's a frostbolt to target, vortex does sorta seem like it might work with spell cascade?

Padre

Liturgist
Guys I need halp! It's my first ever melee char, first ever duelist and I'm in deep shit so to speak.
Figured I would try this new gem Ancestral Call. Linked it with Molten Strike and holy shit is this fun. I've read that it has many funny interactions.

Thing is, with so many hits per second (those projectiles + the jewel I'm gonna get in Act V) I think going for claws is in order for massive life gain on hit (cause fuck VP).

My question is this. Glad or Slayer? I've already put some points into dual wield nodes but nothing I can't respec. Also, can someone provide me with a semi functional tree for 3.1 for such a build? I'm fucking awful when it comes to this sort of thing. Tried looking for sth similar, no luck really except for some Marauder glass cannon shit.

Hyperion

Arcane
Slayer for damage. You won't be able to make use of the two-handed damage nodes, but uber-cull makes boss killing a pleasure and overleech allows for almost 100% uptime of the Damage on Full Life gem.

For Molten Strike, your eventual goal is 100% elemental damage, which hurts Gladiator's biggest clearing advantage in Bloody Explosions (100% fire can't cause Bleeding). Gladiator's only advantage then is 100% spell block. Frenzy charges can be generated through Blood Rage, which most non-VP melee builds run anyway while Endurance Charges can be easily generated through Enduring Cry or other means. Still, the Spell Block alone makes Glad the defensive choice.

Just one tip, if you go crit, and pick Gladiator - if you decide to not go 100% ele for whatever reason, running Hatred will also negate Bloody explosions. Shattering and Explosions are mutually exclusive.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Started sunder scion with cleave. End of act 5 and still using cleave. Maybe i'll go with it all the way.

T. Reich

Arcane
Cleave has not stopped being a good skill since the very start of OB. It simply stopped being sexy at a certain point. Being a melee skill didn't help things.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Started with Ranger, went from bows to critical wand shooter.
Went to the fight with Innocence/High Templar someone. Game crashed when re-entered arena. About 10 times. Turns out - game shut off all portals and while it's ok in other scenarios it piss me off when I got to walk all waaaaaaaaay back (because temple is a fuklong corridor) I almost stopped playing.
Played Lagbringer and Atlas leagues fresh from the start and never got crashes. Lags on Frankfurt? Yes but not crashes (played almost 400h and got maybe 2 crashes before current leagues started).

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Started with Ranger, went from bows to critical wand shooter.
Went to the fight with Innocence/High Templar someone. Game crashed when re-entered arena. About 10 times. Turns out - game shut off all portals and while it's ok in other scenarios it piss me off when I got to walk all waaaaaaaaay back (because temple is a fuklong corridor) I almost stopped playing.
Played Lagbringer and Atlas leagues fresh from the start and never got crashes. Lags on Frankfurt? Yes but not crashes (played almost 400h and got maybe 2 crashes before current leagues started).
Weirdly enough, I don't get any crashes. The only thing I get is the server crash but that affects everyone. When it happens, It looks like I am stuck on a loading screen to some zone. Happened I think twice today, but thats the usual launch hiccups.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom