Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by raw, Jun 30, 2012.

1. T. Reichgender: ⚧ Arcane

T. Reich
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Same shit as in the last league, except if you want to go VP - then pick Slayer instead of Zerker.

As for tendrils - you can pretty much treat them as another non-channeled spell, except that you can't use spell echo and are more flexible in controlling your bursts.

^ Top  
  2. Reinhardtgender: ⚧ Arcane

Reinhardt
    Parrots:
    Sunder something because i'm lazy.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Hyperiongender: ⚧ Arbiter

Hyperion
    Parrots:
    I play exclusively melee because I'm a masochist. After the glory that is namelock in Grim Dawn, I'm going to force my endgame build around Dual Strike.

Level with Cleave 'till I get the Dual Strike threshold jewel. Ancestral Call + Might and Influence (hopefully) will do triple 360 degree splash damage on all targets. Swap in Multistrike for bosses.

Will probably start off non-crit with a focus on Uber lab, then spec into it when I get some currency and can push into T15's. Still torn between Slayer and Glad. Even post-nerf, uber Cull is hard to pass up. Glad's Bleed 'splosions would be fantastic for clearing, and the passive Endurance Charge generation will allow me to slot in Abyssal Cry for even bigger explosions if I so desire.

^ Top  
  4. Padregender: ⚧ Scholar

Padre
    Parrots:
    I'm trying to think of something for SSF. The always safe choice is just go for SRS Necro, but god damn those new items look juicy. Was thinking Gladiator but I really hate Sunder with a passion. Is Reave even viable?

^ Top  
  5. Zdzisiugender: ⚧ Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    The increased the aoe of reave this patch right?

https://imgur.com/a/DUIjf

Seems like a significant increase, but can't tell you anything about the damage and smoothness of play, I played one reave char a long time ago, Ziggys southpaw Ranger, it was cool but a lot has changed since then.

^ Top  
  6. lukaszekgender: ⚧ Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    ill start with poison bower.
    If it doesnt smoke my machine most likely ill get explosive minions or corpses next (depends if something else catches my eye and/or streamers tamper with prices). As usual wont care about getting to 90+

^ Top  
  7. canakingender: ⚧ Arbiter

canakin
    Parrots:
    Any budget starter build suggestions for the league starting tomorrow? I like melee or bow stuff, not big into magic, summons or traps. I would try to create my own but I'm a bit out of touch with the current meta, haven't played for a few years, since the Voltaxic bow nerf i think.

^ Top  
  8. Carcerigender: ⚧ Arcane

Carceri
    Parrots:
    Mathil played a Reave char recently:

^ Top  
  9. Veelqgender: ⚧ Savant

Veelq
    Parrots:
    I dont know about that DP nerf, aoe for sure but the dmg should be ok - there is that new curse Despair with flat chaos dmg, there is the option for Envy aura for at least amulets ( another flat chaos ) and you can always put it in a 8-9L chest technically. I think the dmg is more than fine.

You can also try to support it with skeletons + new minion life gem for single target.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 12:18 AM
    ^ Top  
  10. T. Reichgender: ⚧ Arcane

T. Reich
    Parrots:
    Oh, it's going to be more than viable. I mean, even with the nerf I'm likely looking at approx 1.5mil sustainable dps for bosses.
    I'm more concerned with how comfy it would be.

You can go with the flow and just play the 2h sunder duelist (slayer) - it's very easy to level and it scales real good into endgame.
    Bow-wise, you can look up a ice shot + barrage ranger build.

Pretty much anything NON-berserker that was good in 3.0.0 is also good in 3.1.0. So you can google "fall of oriath/3.0.0 starter builds" and have a good selection. Just take care with any build that uses Vaal Pact (it got nerfed and moved around on the passive tree, but it's hardly a deal breaker because it's only really good in the very endgame, so you can do without it).

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. canakingender: ⚧ Arbiter

canakin
    Parrots:
    Thanks, I was thinking about giving sunder a shot myself, it was fun iirc, isn't it nerfed though? Latest patch notes seems to imply it is.

^ Top  
  12. Zdzisiugender: ⚧ Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    I think I decided to recreate my standard Chicken Meatballs Cyclone Slayer in Abyss. Shit is really fun to play and I haven't level a cyclone char in years.

Here is hope that Chicken Axe won't be super expensive, and also Xoph heart won't cost 20Ex+!

Edit: And by Xoph heart I meant Xoph Blood. Jesus, so much shit to remember.

Also, the new Debeon's Dirge Axe seems interesting, it has a high dps, albeit mostly cold one. But it should work nicely with some skills, right?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Zdzisiugender: ⚧ Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    Btw, GGG castrated sniping tools.

They changed the trade API in such a way that unless you are one of the whitelisted sites, then your query will get a 60 second delay. So no more 5 milliseconds from putting the item in the tab and a whisper from a flipper.

• incline incline x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. T. Reichgender: ⚧ Arcane

T. Reich
    Parrots:
    canakin Sunderino wasn't nerfed at all. One of bug fixes seems to imply that it accidentally had a higher single-target than intended, though. However, how common was that "buggy" occurence was is currently unknown.

Zdzisiu Xoph's will definitely cost 10ex+ nigga.

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Perkelgender: ⚧ Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  16. Zdzisiugender: ⚧ Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    Then I will have to farm extra hard for it!

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. lukaszekgender: ⚧ Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    does it shotgun?

^ Top  
  18. Zdzisiugender: ⚧ Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    If the skill you use with it has aoe damage, the aoe overlap will damage the same monster more than once. But Ancestral Call will not attack 3 times the same monster if there is only one around, like a boss. It will only attack with the copies if there are separate targets for each.

^ Top  
  19. Trodatgender: ⚧ Erudite Patron

Trodat
    Parrots:
    The queue is up but I'm getting disconnected constantly, wtf.

^ Top  
  20. Cyberarmygender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Cyberarmy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    6.1 gb patch WTF...
    And new exile one liners are still not in...
    :butthurt:

^ Top  
  21. T. Reichgender: ⚧ Arcane

T. Reich
    Parrots:
    The league doesn't start for the next 2 hours, bro.

^ Top  
  22. Zdzisiugender: ⚧ Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Parrots:
    They fixed the disconnections. So you can sit in the queue for the next two hours!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Trodatgender: ⚧ Erudite Patron

Trodat
    Parrots:
    First time I tried I was 170 ~ something and from that point some people could stay on the lane. Smells fishy.

Like I kept spamming it and now when it is "working" I'm over 20k.

^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again Blainegender: ⚧ Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    It's a good thing I'm utterly obsessed with another game right now, because I think this might be the time to return to PoE... but perhaps slightly after the headlong rush to the new league.

T. Reich lukaszek Sorry dudes, I've forgotten literally everything you taught me and you're going to have to start mentoring me all over again. :troll:

^ Top  
  25. lukaszekgender: ⚧ Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    thats fine, just check my posting history in this thread.
    Show Spoiler
    :evilcodex:

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)