Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

canakin

Cipher
Any budget starter build suggestions for the league starting tomorrow? I like melee or bow stuff, not big into magic, summons or traps. I would try to create my own but I'm a bit out of touch with the current meta, haven't played for a few years, since the Voltaxic bow nerf i think.

Carceri

Arcane
I'm trying to think of something for SSF. The always safe choice is just go for SRS Necro, but god damn those new items look juicy. Was thinking Gladiator but I really hate Sunder with a passion. Is Reave even viable?
The increased the aoe of reave this patch right?

https://imgur.com/a/DUIjf

Seems like a significant increase, but can't tell you anything about the damage and smoothness of play, I played one reave char a long time ago, Ziggys southpaw Ranger, it was cool but a lot has changed since then.

Mathil played a Reave char recently:

Veelq

Augur
Tri-totem DP crit scion (assa+guar). Soul mantle + 2x kikazaru + self-flagellation shenaningans.
I managed to squeeze 600k+ per-totem sustainable "shaper" dps, though the build will take a bit of a hit with the DP nerf.
And I'm still not exactly sure how it will fare vs the new elder bosses, based on that super-spammy elder guardian fight that got showcased.

Once I'm bored with that, I'm rolling a glacial hammer meme build. No, seriously. I've theorycrafted a beastly beauty with really good single target dps and hopefully passable aoe. If the GH threshold jewel's splash aoe is any good, it's gonna be gud.

I'm also hoping that the reworked lightning tendrils would be gud. Anyone up to making a build with them?
I dont know about that DP nerf, aoe for sure but the dmg should be ok - there is that new curse Despair with flat chaos dmg, there is the option for Envy aura for at least amulets ( another flat chaos ) and you can always put it in a 8-9L chest technically. I think the dmg is more than fine.

You can also try to support it with skeletons + new minion life gem for single target.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Tri-totem DP crit scion (assa+guar). Soul mantle + 2x kikazaru + self-flagellation shenaningans.
I managed to squeeze 600k+ per-totem sustainable "shaper" dps, though the build will take a bit of a hit with the DP nerf.
And I'm still not exactly sure how it will fare vs the new elder bosses, based on that super-spammy elder guardian fight that got showcased.

Once I'm bored with that, I'm rolling a glacial hammer meme build. No, seriously. I've theorycrafted a beastly beauty with really good single target dps and hopefully passable aoe. If the GH threshold jewel's splash aoe is any good, it's gonna be gud.

I'm also hoping that the reworked lightning tendrils would be gud. Anyone up to making a build with them?
I dont know about that DP nerf, aoe for sure but the dmg should be ok - there is that new curse Despair with flat chaos dmg, there is the option for Envy aura for at least amulets ( another flat chaos ) and you can always put it in a 8-9L chest technically. I think the dmg is more than fine.

You can also try to sup

Oh, it's going to be more than viable. I mean, even with the nerf I'm likely looking at approx 1.5mil sustainable dps for bosses.
I'm more concerned with how comfy it would be.

Any budget starter build suggestions for the league starting tomorrow? I like melee or bow stuff, not big into magic, summons or traps. I would try to create my own but I'm a bit out of touch with the current meta, haven't played for a few years, since the Voltaxic bow nerf i think.

You can go with the flow and just play the 2h sunder duelist (slayer) - it's very easy to level and it scales real good into endgame.
Bow-wise, you can look up a ice shot + barrage ranger build.

Pretty much anything NON-berserker that was good in 3.0.0 is also good in 3.1.0. So you can google "fall of oriath/3.0.0 starter builds" and have a good selection. Just take care with any build that uses Vaal Pact (it got nerfed and moved around on the passive tree, but it's hardly a deal breaker because it's only really good in the very endgame, so you can do without it).

canakin

Cipher
Thanks, I was thinking about giving sunder a shot myself, it was fun iirc, isn't it nerfed though? Latest patch notes seems to imply it is.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I think I decided to recreate my standard Chicken Meatballs Cyclone Slayer in Abyss. Shit is really fun to play and I haven't level a cyclone char in years.

Here is hope that Chicken Axe won't be super expensive, and also Xoph heart won't cost 20Ex+!

Edit: And by Xoph heart I meant Xoph Blood. Jesus, so much shit to remember.

Also, the new Debeon's Dirge Axe seems interesting, it has a high dps, albeit mostly cold one. But it should work nicely with some skills, right?

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Btw, GGG castrated sniping tools.

They changed the trade API in such a way that unless you are one of the whitelisted sites, then your query will get a 60 second delay. So no more 5 milliseconds from putting the item in the tab and a whisper from a flipper.

T. Reich

Arcane
canakin Sunderino wasn't nerfed at all. One of bug fixes seems to imply that it accidentally had a higher single-target than intended, though. However, how common was that "buggy" occurence was is currently unknown.

Zdzisiu Xoph's will definitely cost 10ex+ nigga.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
canakin Sunderino wasn't nerfed at all. One of bug fixes seems to imply that it accidentally had a higher single-target than intended, though. However, how common was that "buggy" occurence was is currently unknown.

Zdzisiu Xoph's will definitely cost 10ex+ nigga.
Then I will have to farm extra hard for it!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I guess this is one way to fix "melee":

https://web.poecdn.com/public/news/2017-12-08/AncestraCallTeaser.mp4

Basically every single target melee can be used as group attack and it can be chained together with melee splash effectively making them same as something like firestorm or any other AoE skill.

does it shotgun?
If the skill you use with it has aoe damage, the aoe overlap will damage the same monster more than once. But Ancestral Call will not attack 3 times the same monster if there is only one around, like a boss. It will only attack with the copies if there are separate targets for each.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
First time I tried I was 170 ~ something and from that point some people could stay on the lane. Smells fishy.

Like I kept spamming it and now when it is "working" I'm over 20k.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's a good thing I'm utterly obsessed with another game right now, because I think this might be the time to return to PoE... but perhaps slightly after the headlong rush to the new league.

T. Reich lukaszek Sorry dudes, I've forgotten literally everything you taught me and you're going to have to start mentoring me all over again. :troll:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
>be me
>play for about a month
>buy a bunch of cash shop skins
>take a six-month break
>repeat cycle

Help, I've just realized I'm a casul :negative:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
>be me
>play for about a month
>buy a bunch of cash shop skins
>take a six-month break
>repeat cycle

Help, I've just realized I'm a casul :negative:

Good Good, you keep the game free for us poor Eastern Europeans.

Also, there is a map stash tab coming, 150 points. Bit pricey but will keep my eye on it for discount.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't remember my old account and mail it was registered is long dead.

For the last league i used throwaway steam acc for free shit like clickers.
+ i don't care what will happen to it.
- i don't use money on it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The actual reason Lazing Dirk and I left was simply because of the major update. After you've just spent dozens of hours learning about the system as it was and still barely understand it, re-learning all the new changes seemed like a pain. I figured wait for the experts to figure it out so that I could benefit from their experience; when you're already a veteran, absorbing all the new is easy and comes naturally. That, and the aging pre-expansion league was a ghost town. I chased after some other game for a while, and then my computer died and I couldn't be bothered to fix it for two or three months.

One of the great things about PoE is that everything resets all the time anyway, and while there are things to miss out on, coming back much later isn't really a problem.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
702fe029af.jpg

:negative::negative::negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom