Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
Shaped Spider Forest did put me to a test, tho.
during the last weeks around 200 maps no Doctor drop (MF setup, 2x Breach ect)...i was starting to question my loot filter already and today i got 3 in 15 maps.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Shaped Spider Forest did put me to a test, tho.
during the last weeks around 200 maps no Doctor drop (MF setup, 2x Breach ect)...i was starting to question my loot filter already and today i got 3 in 15 maps.
Yeah, RGNessus works in mysterious ways.

Padre

Liturgist
How did you guys do in the Turmoil race? I've hit 81 as a Trickster in HCFFS. Was pretty pleased with the build, there were only a few sketchy moments, mostly during levelling phase. Didn't find anything worth mentioning though.

Since some of you are wiser than me, what kind of build would you recommend for Mayhem? I'm tired of ED so sth different would be nice.

T. Reich

Arcane
Leveled to 75 (and t5 maps) with frostbolt blonde in 2 days, got bored, got a box, got ULTIMATE CHAOS WINGS from the box. 15 hours of my life well-spent, I suppose.

I'll probably do the same for Mayhem, and play whatever. Probably something SSF-friendly again. Maybe shockwave totems for shits and giggles.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I only got the guaranteed mystery box. Got some white gloves skin from it. Could have been worse, like some hideout decorations.

Padre

Liturgist
Well then I think I should consider myself lucky because I got a pet from the box. A raven. A bit pointless but it's ok.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I managed to fill up my character list for my account. I need to figure out which character to delete now because I am not giving 3$ per one character slot to GGG. Greed is strong with them. If it was 10$ for 10 slots or something like that I would consider it.

Gerrard

Arcane
Looks like Chris's idiocy spills over even into the way they conduct the Black Friday sale.

Padre

Liturgist
I will wait till someone smarter than me comes up with some weird ass way to utilize them to full effect. Would really want replay my favourite CE Necro from D2.

The race is starting in 1 hour. I've decided to go with a dual Glacial Cascade totem Inquisitor. Doesn't require any unique items, and totems should give me some breathing room against 20 invaders and exiles. In turmoil I was able to get to 81. We will see how far I can go this time.

T. Reich

Arcane
The race is starting in 1 hour. I've decided to go with a dual Glacial Cascade totem Inquisitor.

RIP OFF!!!111
Lol, jk. I decided to go low-effort SRS necro at the last moment, but I was going to do GC totem inquisitor as well.

Considering the race is voided, I'm gonna go SSFHC for a change.
Gonna drop it relatively early, though. Not even going to do any maps.

T. Reich

Arcane
Here's a combo:
unearth + spell totem + GMP + faster casting = totem that creates 5 corpses at a time. Gets you started, picks up the slack when you need it, and sustains damage at bosses.
+
volatile dead + concentrated effect + fire penetration + elemental focus + 2x whatever dps-ey links (can't use spell damage! doesn't scale the corpse explosion) = up to 3x corpses go boom, kill tons of shit AND spawn the homing murderspheres that finish off the remaining rubbish.
Sustained corpse-generation from the totem should make map bosses doable, as long as the skelly corpses created by Unearth are of the same monster level as the mobs in the map you're in.

Padre

Liturgist
I died at lvl 73 - my first Zana daily and what do I get? -max resists and a damage mod. Killed by Raging Mask invasion boss. Had time to logout but I was pretty tired of this character already. GC totems are quite strong in DPS but clunky to use, especially in narrow corridors. The damage really truly shines after you get your ascedancy points and Inevitable Judgement. My crit chance was around 55% with Assasin's Mark. But what really fucking irked me about this char - lack of sustain. After playing an ED trickster I was really surprised how squishy that Templar was. And since going MoM, how little mana I had to cast totems - 80 per each.

Early game was easy enough, Firestorm and Flame Totem were more than enough to beat everything I've encountered. After getting to around lvl 35 I've switched to GC totems and the lack of power sure was disheartening. But oh well. Found some nice uniques along the way, nothing really usable for me.

Funny thing is, the easiest mod was 20 exiles. I would just pop my totems and retreat and most exiles would be dead by then. Invaders were the worst, especially Cha'ska or whatever that chaos rain bitch is called. Also, the serpent with permanent Proximity shield who would run around and spray you with chaos dmg - I wasn't able to cast totems fast enough to dmg the fucker.

One thing I will remember fondly - buttclenching terror of merci lab. Went there at 68lvl and with 3,5k life (and MoM). Izaro would have killed me if not for the massive shrine blessing I had from lab. Also 6 exiles in one room.

All in all a fun race, will not restart I think, I'm saving my apetite for the Abyss league.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well, it was a good run, #1 Ele for quite some time, died as #2 (with the #1 being dead already too) at lv83, doubling/tripling the XP other Eles had. Was running Elemental BV quite successfully, with just blasphemy/warlords mark for leech. 24 exile map and some asshole necromancer exploded like 3 of them on my face in a matter of seconds with nothing to leech from.

Been a while since I've played hc, first time doing acts 7-10 on hardcore and it felt rather easy. BV+warlords mark is pretty damn safe. I think I'm ready for Abyss.

T. Reich

Arcane
I'm still stuck in a5 with my SRS lazy-style necro.
I'll see if I can be arsed enough to bring it to maps and then some in the coming week.

Hat off to you guys for pushing it on behalf of our glorious guild.:salute:

bloodlover

Arcane
Made some lol sunder char and took him to 35 so I'd get the box.
I will go back on and off to my trapper but with the reset coming in 12 days I don't feel like playing.

I haven't played the game in ages but it's very different from what I remember. I'll probably start playing more serious in the new league. Until then I just have to decide what I want to play. Trappers are fun but still... I asked a few ppl about smth similar to D2's frenzy barb and the only answer I got was Sunder Berserker. I made one and it's not as fun. Maybe I will stick to the classic archer or trapper. Or... idk necromancer though I feel that the playstile is quite slow.

Gerrard

Arcane
I Ancient Orbed a Belly in Harbinger, literally the only non shit armor after 50+ orbs throughout the league. Too bad I used all fusings weeks ago when I stopped playing.

Playing GC conversion totems Chieftain in Mayhem, don't know for how long though.

Also my shitty ISP is getting on my nerves, I can feel every fucking dropped packet.

Hyperion

Arcane
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2034078

The War for the Atlas expansion includes a plethora of new gems! These new skills and supports have interesting interactions with each other and with existing skills. All of the new Support Gems unlock new systems and mechanics for skills and our community members have asked many good questions about them! Today's news post focuses on talking in more depth about these new gems and their how they interact with others.

UnearthHeader.png
This skill fires a physical projectile into the ground where you target, creating a corpse you can use with other skills.

This skill can generate up to ten corpses and can only shoot one projectile at a time when it is not supported by other gems. To maximise the corpse output, you can combine it with Greater Multiple Projectiles and Spell Echo. This is a simple but reliable way to deploy a concentrated cluster of corpses, which is great for skills like Cremation.

The corpses are skeleton archers which are much stronger than most skeleton archers you'll find in the world. This means they're reliable ranged spectres if you're wanting to play a build that rapidly re-summons spectres. There may even be a new unique item on its way that would facilitate this!

CremationHeader.png
Cremation explodes a corpse and replaces it with a fiery geyser. This geyser throws flaming shards all around it that deal damage in a large area. You can have up to three cremation effects active at once.

The skill has a special interaction with additional projectiles. The number of projectiles fired are spread out over each second the geyser is active, so Greater Multiple Projectiles and similar supports are a damage boost that also results in more hits and a greater likelihood of hitting an even area around the flaming geyser.

SpellCascadeHeader.png
The Spell Cascade Support reduces the power and size of an area targeted spell, but performs the effect three times in a line as an outward-moving cascade

This support gem applies to area skills that take place where you target, like Bladefall, for example. It trades damage and total area for repeat applications, allowing for a high damage if you're able to strike enemies at the overlap point. Most area targeted skills can't overlap more than once, so positioning is important to maximise your damage on key enemies.

The support doesn't work on channelled skills and you have to cast it yourself, similar to the restrictions of the Spell Echo Support. It works with Corpse skills like the soon-to-be-improved version of Detonate Dead. Skills like this have the opportunity for more overlap than standard area skills if you have corpses clustered close together.

VolatileDeadHeader.png
This skill turns up to three corpses into fiery orbs that chase down enemies and explode.

Volatile Dead usually only consumes three corpses with each cast but with Spell Cascade, you can consume a whole lot more, quickly creating a ball pit of fiery death or a wave of orbs that will rush at enemies.

Using Spell Cascade with Desecrate can create a perfectly arranged cluster of corpses to consume.

StormBarrierHeader.png
This support gem gives you a protective barrier while you cast supported channelling skills, while also being able to generate power charges when you're hit.

The support grants you a 13% less physical damage taken and 12% less lightning damage taken at gem level 20. It is worth using on your primary skill if you really want to mitigate as much damage as possible at the cost of other damage sources. It has a much more useful effect on utility channelling skill setups to keep you safer while you're not doing direct damage, and generating power charges as a bonus.

BodyswapHeader.png
Bodyswap explodes your old body and recreates you from a nearby corpse, dealing damage where you were and where you appear.

In addition to being a satisfying repeatable movement skill for crossing the aftermath of a battle or for use with Desecrate, Bodyswap can be used with Totems and directed with corpse creation skills to create a teleporting team of totems. The fiery explosions will use Totem life to calculate the self-explode, letting you make tough totems that dish out decent damage whenever they swap bodies with your unearthed undead and fallen foes.

VolleyHeader.png
This support adds two extra projectiles, and lets a portion of your projectiles be fired from adjacent points.

The adjacent projectiles are fired from up to four adjacent points, creating a wide line of projectiles. This support is a great way to have access to extra projectiles at lower levels, and fires tighter clusters of projectiles at long range.

It's most interesting when used with Incinerate, Freezing Pulse or Flame Totem to create a wide swathe of destruction, drastically increasing the area they hit enemies up close.

Some of the interactions are pretty cool, but it's hilarious GGG isn't even pretending to give a shit about melee anymore. Don't bother including Ancestral Call, it isn't exciting enough to even warrant showcasing lol.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom