Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2017682

Guess people now have to go back to crying about how the powercreep is destroying the game and making it too easy, after their whining has yet again reverted a change/nerf that was most certainly destroying the game when it wasn't even on the live-servers for more than 24 hours. If GGG would've gone into DND-mode for a week everyone would've gotten their spectres, dropped the build already because it clearly isn't for them anyway, and the whole situation would've blown over. This is what actually scares me about the future of the game. Now that it has gained a siginificantly larger following, GGG caves in far too often compared to earlier years when their vision of the game was almost always upheld regardless of how much the community disliked a certain change.

If I'm reading the description right, not only does desecrate work like it did before, it is actually getting buffed because you can now summon spectres you've taken into the map with you, completely ignoring the natural spawn-table for that specific map. No more having to open chimeras to re-spawn SGs because they couldn't spawn in the other 3 guardian zones. Level 83 Vorici Glacial Cascade mages, here we go. Balancing all the possible spectre options is going to be a nightmare, and judging by past experiences they will just nerf all spectres come 3.1, which will once again limit your endgame viable spectre options to 2-4 mobs, so ultimately nothing changed at all. Nice.

Last edited:

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Rng is a son of whore, im too fucking old for stuff like this.
I spend 800 chrome to get some blue sockets into a pair of gloves and it didnt work....

So im not a complete newb in this game, i played like 50hrs in early beta another 50 somewhere before there was 10 acts, and
honestly while it is really good game, it has way too many time wasting mechanics, way too much rng.
I was lucky, i found 4 good armors and was lucky linking them, got like 25 exalted out of those. After becoming "rich"
i wasted quite a bit of that income to fix shit i found myself, big mistake, like those 800 wasted chromatics up there.

You should just sell/trade everything and buy the best shit you can afford but i dont want to play the trade game.

I had to like 350 maps before i could do those Uber Labs, yes i later learned that you can to go to some Channel to get those Trials from other people but i kinda wanna do own my shit.

I hate those Masters, their shit is tedious and takes way to long, its also way to fucking good to be ignored.

Also the game felt slower once, the builds were not as extreme and i personally liked that, idk wether its easier or harder now and i dont care.

I hate ladders/seasons im too old for that shit, the idea of doing all that crap again, tryharding in the beginning to get all that cash is way to fucking irritating for me. So maybe im a bit butthurt but thats mostly me not the game, game aint ment for people who play like 10hrs a week*.

So sadly im a casual nowadays, id prefer to respec everything for like 5 chaos or something, i would like to buy maps from a vendor (all of them, except uniques), there should be 4-5 master levels max. I got 2 chars to 7X and 1 to 88, thats my absolute limit, i cant see the content anymore, id really like to be shuttled through the game#, tristram, tomb & cowruns are suddenly appealing.

#so i would try another character, but not with going through all those acts again... I know talented people can do that shit in like under 5 hrs but not me, writing about playing that shit again already bores me to death.
*I played more this time of course but on average 10-15hrs/week is alot for me nowadays.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I do agree with you that this game is mostly meant for no lifers and tryhards. Sometimes it can also be fun for the rest of us, I keep coming back to it although I am neither.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Trading is integral to gameplay. If you want the best gear without grinding endlessly, you have to trade.

800 chrome isn't a lot of currency, but if you can't color gloves correctly after 800 chromes, you're coloring wrong.

Spending currency on crafting is not a waste as long as you are spending that currency on the right items.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Vorici?

At some point it becomes cheaper to just use the vorici-jeweler method to get the colors you want, as described here.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
3 i could have worked with... i actually wanted 4, i know it is possible because i got mace to 5blue 1green once.

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Put it 4 required, only strength as requirement, only blues as wanted color....

Its a horrible system, they should just put in a color selector in the crafting menu, dont influence rng just an ability to not overshoot when rng things you need to spam 8000 times to color something right.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
First of all, it matters how much strength is required. The higher the strength/dex/int requirement, the lower the chances of rolling an off-color.

Getting 4blue on a pure armour is fairly easy. Just go ahead and 4socket the item, 3B it with Vorici, and then repeatedly spam 3socket/4socket. When you're trying to shoot for a 4+ offcolor item, it is generally cheaper to just use the aforementioned jeweler-method to get the other off-colors. Works well on gloves/helmets/boots, but it also works if you're ever in the need of getting for example 4R/2B on a pure dex-chest. Start with 3R, 3/4socket it until you get either the 4th red or 1st blue, then go 4/5socket until you hit the next off-color etc. Cheaper than spamming 3B for 120chroms a piece.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
Tried it, 450 jewelers not enough to fully blue Winds of Change, but i got a 3 blue...
So yes its better, its still shit... Its still expensive as fuck, its still to much for people who play 10hrs a week and arent kissed by rng.

Jason Liang

Arcane
You mean chromes, not jewelers. Again, 450 chromes is nothing. Just pick up all the R-G-B linked stuff you find, and if you really need to trade a few c for chromes.

If you need b-b-b-b then use some common sense and color it on something with an intelligence requirement. Coloring Winds of Change B-B-B-B is wasting currency.

T. Reich

Arcane
Tried it, 450 jewelers not enough to fully blue Winds of Change, but i got a 3 blue...
So yes its better, its still shit... Its still expensive as fuck, its still to much for people who play 10hrs a week and arent kissed by rng.

So.... You tried getting BBBB on a pure str gloves, despite knowing how the chroming system works... And then you complained when you got nothing?

That's extra special retarded.

The game has rules. You play by the rules, you get rewarded. You piss against the wind, and then complain about the stink? It's your own piss, dude.

P.S.: I won't leave you without a helpful PROTIP, I suppose.
You have 3x pieces of gear that can get 4L.
If you absolutely need that skill as a 4L, and only as a 4L, then you have 2x other pieces of gear you can socket it in. If they have int as one of gear requirements, getting BBBB on them is super easy.

Last edited:

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
It works and i want it.... thats enough, the game is retarded for having as high rng ranges as is, especially when 99% of the players only play that short season mode.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1826864/page/1
Even 1500 is a redonkulous number that quite a few players would never reach before dropping the game.

In D2 i found goldish/yellow glowing Crown, i though it looked spiffy, so i spend month searching for a decent yellow armor and sword....
Finding good items should be enough RNG if you add: sockets, links, enchantments, custom crafting and corrupting it gets a bit much especially when
those basic as fuck things as sockets & links can cost so much time and currency.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
It works and i want it.... thats enough, the game is retarded for having as high rng ranges as is, especially when 99% of the players only play that short season mode.
Even 1500 is a redonkulous number that quite a few players would never reach before dropping the game.

In D2 i found goldish/yellow glowing Crown, i though it looked spiffy, so i spend month searching for a decent yellow armor and sword....
Finding good items should be enough RNG if you add: sockets, links, enchantments, custom crafting and corrupting it gets a bit much especially when
those basic as fuck things as sockets & links can cost so much time and currency.
https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Here is the vorici calculator. Best way to get 4B on Winds is to go 3B on Vorici bench. Should take around 1.2k chromes. Which should tell you that getting all blue sockets on strength gloves is not the way you should be doing it. Its possible, but very difficult to achieve. As some things should be.

T. Reich

Arcane

When in Rome, do as Romans do.

You might want to look for a different game.

Also, "99% of the players only play that short season mode" is pure bullshit.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
didnt play for some weeks, got forum message from some dude wanting to buy some stuff i had hoarded during Legacy League. (Relic Shavs with high roll, some great rings)
i told him i have a version of Relic Shavs that only costs half and rings that are cheaper as well, he said he doesnt care, i give some discount, he gives 475 Exalteds.

:positive:

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
yeah, RMT is definately a thing and if you are flipping high profile items, you are part of RMTing no matter what.
i checked this guys profle tho, he plays since 2014, could be he just is wealthy and doesnt care.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After 260h I found second Exalt in Reliquiary after 3rd? visit to get some XP before doing maps. I pity people that played near 1k hours without Exalts, the Chaos Orbs from them make live better... Now I bought all required equipment for my electrobubbles spammer Scion build (mostly mana and live leech+VP) and so far it's better than my previous build. Just need to beat Cruel lab to change starting position for Shadow/Assassin.
Sunder 2h axe Berserk dropped at lvl86... red maps were out of reach for him.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Trade improvements my niggers!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025871

Basically GGG made their own poe.trade website.

It good that they have an official site for that. Having to rely on a third party website for that was kinda weird.

And yes, those are not the trade improvements some people wanted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom