Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I see you missed LOW CHAOS RES part.
I don't get one shot from anything else, even higher tier maps and else. Doing lab runs fine. Just chaos res is my problem now.
Even when I go and pull out points from DMG nodes and put them in life increase to 150 or 200% with that low chaos res I would still get dunked.

Hyperion

Arcane
Canyon Boss uses Caustic Arrow. While it does a decent amount of damage upfront, the bulk is the degen from the Cloud it generates. With enough damage and leech, you should be able to leech right through that, especially as a Berserker.

Problem is, you don't have nearly the DPS or Life to survive. Very rarely will you come across a left-sided melee build that has less than 180% life by Level 90, even on Softcore. Hardcore builds are closer to 220, or even 240%.

With life on all or most pieces of gear, you should have at least 5.5k life, if not closer to 6k. The only way a T6 boss one shots you if you're cursed and there are 2 damage mods, and you have no charges, armour, or flasks.

T. Reich

Arcane
FUCKING MATHIL!

So I got the HH, and I think to myself that it's time do devise a reterded build to go with it.
And so I did! I PoB-crafted the most beautifully retarded flicker strike crit slayer that has it all: absurd basic damage, good survivability, and fast clear speed to be HH compatible. Hell, it's probably even Acuity-compatible.
I share my build with a buddy, he says it looks great but mentions something about Mathil. I'm like whatever.

So today in the morning I go around checking them prices for my gear, and for some reason Terminus Est (THE core weapon for the build) costs downright absurd amount.
And then I remember something about Mathil and go to check what he's playing right now.
THE FUCKER IS PLAYING FLICKER SLAYER WITH TERMINUS EST.
Fucking streamers ruining everything again!:argh:

Guess I'll go make ele BV crit inquisitor or something.:negative:

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can afford HH but whine about terminus est lol
My guess is that those prices are going to drop fast when nobody will be buying.

T. Reich

Arcane
They aren't really rare, BUT there are two big rolls on it (damage and crit), both have a rather large roll range.
Getting the one with both high crit and damage rolls isn't actually that easy.
Sure, I can pick up a half-decent one for a pittance, but it's my endgame weapon, so I'm not going to compromise on the rolls, I want the top 10th percentile on both rolls.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yeah, I see that the low on 6L Terminus Est is 9 ex, and 13 ex for the good rolls.

I can't believe I'm suggesting burning divs on Terminus Est, but... you could always div.

At least you don't need a specific corrupt implicit. Right? It's a 2H sword, have crap vaal implicits anyway.

Balor

Arcane
Been playing it (again, tried it a few years ago) for a while. Playing SSF cause I cannot be assed to trade and party anyway.

Playing an uber-squishy Scion with Hierophant/Necromancer specialization, 3 DP totems active and Wither/CwC Summon Skeletons and lots of crit, + zombie meatshield. Tootip suggests 8k dps per totem with all charges up, I suspect that must be multiplied x9 (3x totems + 2 chains) + health skelly health bonus added + wither chaos damage amp, seems like a decent damage.
Relying on phase run for speed and 'aggro management', still die a lot but having fun - target painting with skeletons never gets old. Have unique gloves to proc temporal chains on hit, that and wither hinder makes life easier.
Tried Atziri, totally forgot staunching flasks, run out of portals. I'm a noob :(.

1k health, 3.5k ES, level 84.

By the way, do corrupted areas appear in maps? Don't recall ever finding one, been relying on Her Mask for fragments.

Balor

Arcane
Oh, and I'm using minion instability. Seems like a good idea with constantly spawning skeletons.
A few low-hanging fruits:

Get rid of anger aura, add elemental equilibrium and searing bond totem. I'm using increased critical strikes and added lightning damage as supports, maybe I should get rid of lighting damage too and replace it with Void manipulation? Should synergise with Wither debuff much better, but I'll be missing out on shock damage amplification. (My totems are doing a lot of crits)
Anyway, totem strikes should apply -50 fire res debuff, that should synergise well with searing bond totem. Does having multiple beams crossed on one enemy stack the burn, or this would be similar to RF - only one instance is ever active?
I'm specced into spell damage a lot, though, and it does not apply to searing bond at all :(.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Oh, and I'm using minion instability. Seems like a good idea with constantly spawning skeletons.

Get rid of anger aura, add elemental equilibrium and searing bond totem. I'm using increased critical strikes and added lightning damage as supports, maybe I should get rid of lighting damage too and replace it with Void manipulation? Should synergise with Wither debuff much better, but I'll be missing out on shock damage amplification. (My totems are doing a lot of crits)
Anyway, totem strikes should apply -50 fire res debuff, that should synergise well with searing bond totem. Does having multiple beams crossed on one enemy stack the burn, or this would be similar to RF - only one instance is ever active?
I'm specced into spell damage a lot, though, and it does not apply to searing bond at all :(.

Corrupter areas can't spawn in maps. I wish they could but alas!

Searing bond totem damage do not stack. As in, multiple beams crossed wont increase the damage done.

Also, 1k hp and 3.5 shield on L84 Scion? Boy, living on the edge and all that.

ArchAngel

Arcane

To get atziri fragments run Merc Lab and do all the bonus chests and stuff. Those fragments tend to fall often in there.

Balor

Arcane

Corrupter areas can't spawn in maps. I wish they could but alas!

Searing bond totem damage do not stack. As in, multiple beams crossed wont increase the damage done.

Also, 1k hp and 3.5 shield on L84 Scion? Boy, living on the edge and all that.

Hah, I used to have less, just recently upgraded to a semi-decent 5-link Vaal Regalia and thought that I might manage Atziri after all.
Well, white, blue and even yellow mobs usually melt away too fast to do anything anyway, and *most* of the time bosses get too busy dismantling my skellies (that keep blowing up in their faces and being instantly replaced) to pay any attention to me, all the while I pump them full of wither stacks.
Does not always work, unfortunately, and this is where things get difficult. I've been mucking about with frost walls to block enemy projectiles and lock in bosses... unfortunately, does not always work, too.
Read up a fun way to utilize Empire's grasp I've recently looted - to vaccum mobs in using shockwave totem, and unlike searing bond totem - it benefits from spell damage.

Searing bond might still be semi-decent, since now it is basically 'free', with exception of gem slots and supports, of course.

Balor

Arcane
Bah! Unfortunately, extra searing bond totem does not stack (for some unfanthomable reason) with extra totem socketed into the helm ascendant hierophant passive :(.

I think once a six-link chest becomes available, 2 fully supported totems from a six-link will totally outdamage 3 totems from a 4-link (with additional faster casting and more criticals, perhaps), that leaves me with a potential utility totem socketed into the helm - say, wither for extra slow and chaos damage stacks or summon skeletons for automated dark pact fuel delivery... maybe even blight with Spreading Rot?

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
wohaaa....watch your mouth, you are offending other rich assholes.
they surely dont want to get connected to filthy flippers :outrage:

oh and i didnt mirror it but bought it second hand, mirror fees are stupidly high on Std (not to say it was cheap, but at least i saved some)

aLESflA.png

url

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
wohaaa....watch your mouth, you are offending other rich assholes.
they surely dont want to get connected to filthy flippers :outrage:

oh and i didnt mirror it but bought it second hand, mirror fees are stupidly high on Std (not to say it was cheap, but at least i saved some)

aLESflA.png

url
That is a nice ring.

And by nice I mean fucking great.

You filthy flipper!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom