Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
My Gladiator Blade Vortex is progressing well. I am in my low 80s and steamrolling through any but physical reflect high yellow maps. Soon ready to head into red maps.
I have not had a character I felt this safe to play with since 2.5 and my CI Zealot's Oath 12k ES Detonate Dead elementalist.

On occasion a boss drops my health to 1/3 or so but that is closest I came to dying when playing seriously (I got 3 deaths from frackin around). And this is with a tabula.
My Dps is OK for now. If they didn't double map boss health I would probably kill map bosses within seconds. Now it takes up to 10s depending on map mods. If I would invest into lvl 20 BV gem it would go faster and of course a future purchase of lvl 21 gem is expected. For now I am trying to gather 450c for a 6l Covenant so I can remove my Tabula and have all my mana as a buffer as I use MoM.
At lvl 90 I expect to have a total of 6500 ehp.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
ECd0WLf.gif

virgin_newfag

Novice
Wuzzgoinon in that gif?
he's using ancient orbs to reroll the belt so that he obtains new unique version of the same item class. the problem is that he rolls an headhunter (the yellow belt), which is one of the most rare/expensive unique item in the game, but accidentally rerolls it immediately

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wuzzgoinon in that gif?
he's using ancient orbs to reroll the belt so that he obtains new unique version of the same item class. the problem is that he rolls an headhunter (the yellow belt), which is one of the most rare/expensive unique item in the game, but accidentally rerolls it immediately
Reminds me a lot of Baldur's Gate char creation :lol:

T. Reich

Arcane
Got my Haku to 8 today, and went to fuck around with the 50 ex 1h axe I had found 2 weeks ago.
Scoured all suffixes, then slammed an ex on it - got a modestly good ias roll.
As a result, the axe when from 474 pdps to 483 (pre divines).
Sold it minutes later for 70-ish ex.
:positive:

Now I'm roughly 20 ex short of affording a Headhunter. Wonder if it's worth it. Probably is - I never owned a HH, so might as well get one.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
ever considered getting that jewel instead?
Its nowhere near as fun as headhunter and also you need to put that jewel in a very specific place on a tree so not many characters can use it easily.

Also, Reich remember, when you buy that headhunter, you must vaal it, all the cool streamers do it!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Someone's trying to sell headhunter for one mirror...
Poe trade is weird about it. When you look for headhunter and sort for lowest price, it shows the 1 mirror price before those 135-140Ex ones. And one mirror is worth more than 140Ex, closer to 150-160Ex right now in HSC.

Also, Exalts are like 26-28c on HSC. Slightly less than on HHC. Interesting times we are living in.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So how is it going for you guys? Anyone done "everything" this league and ready to quit?

I just got my 6link and lvl 21 Blade Vortex and I am ready to tackle end game content. I am no longer a t13 Tabula warrior :D

Last edited:

Hyperion

Arcane
I don't get to play much, but got my Champion Crit Cleave about 10% from 92. Usually I get bored right after hitting 90, zo it's a bit of a new record. Absolutely loving this character. Solo, and flasked up he's sitting at about 25k ar / ev, and I've a Perserverance on him, so he gets a huge damage boost from it. Running Brutality when solo, and fully buffed he's somewhere around 400k dps with Inc. AoE. When my support buddy logs in, it goes up to about 70k armour, and 700k dps buffed. This is with a Scaeva and a 350pdps non crit Gemstone Sword.

I'm working on getting currency for weapons, but it's rough going. 350 pdps rapiers are going for like 40 - 50ex, it's insane.

Grif

Learned
Getting my Iron Commander Ranger to maps was an interesting experience. Not sure if I can tackle red maps, but I have high hopes, considering all the unique items for her are relatively cheap. (Crest of Black Sun, Shaper's Touch, Iron Commander and Drillneck) The only one that requires even a modicum of currency is that %Dex jewel you can only get from Lab leaderboards.

T. Reich

Arcane
I did the iron commander ballista ranger a few leagues ago - it's definitely endgame viable, and you don't even need stuff like +% dex jewels.

Arguably, you don't even want more than 1000 dex, and are better off scaling damage in other ways.

P.S.: Threw together a fairly basic iron commander raider (PoB import code - https://pastebin.com/ak24iRHD):
*Iron commander, shaper's touch, astramentis, the perfect form, rare crit+wed+life quiver over drillneck, starkonja's over black sun crest, no dex-boosting jewels.
*800 dex to get those 5 totems.
*Not scaling phys dmg, went for scaling added cold damage instead.
*6k+ life, 59% evade, 40% spell dodge.
*119k general mapping dps per totem, 75k per totem (5x) vs bosses.
*That's pre-flasks.
It's FAR from being the most optimised/strongest ballista build (you can definitely squeeze so much more out of it), but from my experience, those numbers are already enough for you to do anything but Shaper and Uber Atziri. Maybe enough for the latter two as well, but I'm too chickenshit to try those two bosses, so no experience there.

P.P.S: Another cool way to do a ballista char is to drop the whole iron commander + dex-scaling nonsense, go zerker (dat dmg and super warcries), pick up a strong bow, then go Ancestral + use that +1 totem quiver. You'll "only" have 3 totems max, but damage output per totem will more than compensate for that.
Arguably, it's logistically much better for clear speed because while mapping you'll never really have more than 3 totems up, and at boss spending time summonning more totems = more time being under attack from the boss = bad.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yes, I started last league with a Heirophant Scion, and summoning more than 2 totems per mob and keeping 2+ totems up versus bosses got tiresome. I like having 1 extra totem, 2 at most. Totem damage is also comparatively slow.

Grif

Learned
I'm currently seeing how far I can push the physical scaling with just a pure Dex build, but your idea looks like a good alternative in case it doesn't work out! Thanks! (I don't usually plan them in PoB, just kinda making things up as I go along is more my style.)

T. Reich

Arcane
Well, good luck with that, but, frankly, 2 avg phys dmg per 25 dex just isn't going to give you the necessary endgame punch. At very least, you may really want to supplement with flat added phys damage on gear. Though the very low base aps of the bow combined with the aps malus of the ballista skill itself will make any flat added damage (including the one from the bow itself) not very noticeable. An uphill battle.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Played too much PoE this week... all I did was cleaning rare (yellow) maps, finally got something to replace my 2h Axe (260dmg, 25k dps) with Debeon's Dirge (120 phys dmg and 400 elemental dmg that make 11k dps, say what).
Checked my currency tab I found lonely Ancient Orb and was like "why the fuck not" and what I got?
A fucking Hezmana's Bloodlust (400dmg, 38k, with buffs like totems and warcries it can reach 50k dps).

Dropped the game after wasting all portals to the nice map (110% quantity and 75% quality for items, not bad enemy mods) because only passage was blocked by Vorici's target that's both ranged and deal chaos damage.
I swear my build is ok but chaos is my bane, and chaos+ranged is pain in the ass beyond imagination.

My resists are decent - fire/cold/lighting at 78%(125%) but best I can get with Chaos is pitiful 5% (might sounds like scrub but wish resistance decrease did not count chaos). There is one boss in Tier 3? map (desert Canyon or something) that have boss in the form of giant cock with bow dealing chaos damage. Once he fire rain of arrows my character is pinned and can't move and die from one shot. Flasks for chaos res and healing pots that heal instantly does jack shit since he one shot kill me so I got no way to heal or deal with this crap.

I could just go and grind more lab but I'm burned out now.
my character, I'm proud because I did not used any builds from elsewhere for it

ArchAngel

Arcane
Played too much PoE this week... all I did was cleaning rare (yellow) maps, finally got something to replace my 2h Axe (260dmg, 25k dps) with Debeon's Dirge (120 phys dmg and 400 elemental dmg that make 11k dps, say what).
Checked my currency tab I found lonely Ancient Orb and was like "why the fuck not" and what I got?
A fucking Hezmana's Bloodlust (400dmg, 38k, with buffs like totems and warcries it can reach 50k dps).

Dropped the game after wasting all portals to the nice map (110% quantity and 75% quality for items, not bad enemy mods) because only passage was blocked by Vorici's target that's both ranged and deal chaos damage.
I swear my build is ok but chaos is my bane, and chaos+ranged is pain in the ass beyond imagination.

My resists are decent - fire/cold/lighting at 78%(125%) but best I can get with Chaos is pitiful 5% (might sounds like scrub but wish resistance decrease did not count chaos). There is one boss in Tier 3? map (desert Canyon or something) that have boss in the form of giant cock with bow dealing chaos damage. Once he fire rain of arrows my character is pinned and can't move and die from one shot. Flasks for chaos res and healing pots that heal instantly does jack shit since he one shot kill me so I got no way to heal or deal with this crap.

I could just go and grind more lab but I'm burned out now.
my character, I'm proud because I did not used any builds from elsewhere for it
107% increased life LOLOLOL. I guess you didn't get the memo that PoE true name is Path of life nodes. You cannot play a melee (or almost any character) with less than 150% inc life and as much life on all gear as possible. Especially a Berserker that gets 10% increased life. Of course you got one shot by a T6 map (Canyon) boss

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom