Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by raw, Jun 30, 2012.

1. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Don't use anything except that Purity. You don't really need more dps during leveling or if you do you are doing something wrong.

^ Top  
  2. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Parrots:
    What the actual fuck is happening over at GGG
    - People's characters turning into level 1 Scions
    - People's characters being sent to the void league (by what Chris said I assume it was a failed attempt at fixing the above)
    - Quite a few people getting banned apparently for no reason

That's all on top of the mess that is this obviously rushed out update (despite the delays) and lackluster league.
    I'm sure the works on the XBox version had nothing to do with these issues making it to live.:rpgcodex:

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    Parrots:
    It's the return of Kiwihalt!

^ Top  
  4. I'm With Her Icewater for prison Ice ice baby Dumbfuck

Icewater
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    Links?

:negative:

^ Top  
  5. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Parrots:
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. lukaszek Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    if I was reset into lvl1 char with 23 points... I wont be sad about it to begin with.

^ Top  
  7. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Parrots:
    Those aren't extra points, they are quest rewards.

^ Top  
  8. Jason Liang Arbiter

Jason Liang
    Parrots:
    Tell them - winter came for Path of Exile!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    ^ Top  
  9. lukaszek Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    suspected as much, but it wouldnt take long to check if you get new quest reward.
    Also good low lvl pvp char!

^ Top  
  10. Excidium II Arcane

Excidium II
    Parrots:
    Is anybody playing the awsum new bleed/poison builds besides Chris Wilson?

^ Top  
  11. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Parrots:
    Does ED count as "poison"?
    :happytrollboy:

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    Parrots:
    Flickerstrike doesn't exactly get you very far without high dps. I could have just played some other skill till maps but at that point why even do the fight yourself.

^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    Ok i am pretty positivelly suprised by Oriath expansion. Due to lack of time i just finished ACT6

While ACT5 seems to be really small compared to something like ACT3. ACT6 so far is my favorite act of all PoE and so far it was actually bigger than old ACT3 (which had waaay to big few areas).

Though some of def spikes were weird. Like i am running heavy tank duelist right now with bleed so i barely even touch enemies (1hit and run) and i died multiple times despite having like 1,5k life and max resists in act5. I died multiple times just before last boss in ACT5 to some fire throwing bastards. Despite max resists and ton of life 2-3 of them attacking at once can kill me in less than second.

ACT6 on other hand was great all around. Only bullshit thing i found was Shevronne books that hovered midair. Despite hp and res 2-3 of them can outright kill you in second. I loved that there were so many good bosses that alone could easily run as whole act boss.

I hope rest of the acts will be just as good as ACT6.

^ Top  
  14. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Sound like you are trying to use a real melee skill. You should have zero problems using Sunder or FrostBlades.

^ Top  
  15. Mark.L.Joy Educated

Mark.L.Joy
    Parrots:
    I got so bored using sunder and cyclone I refunded into a flicker strike build, some more work to be done but I can almost maintain charges permanently for single target.

^ Top  
  16. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Parrots:
    For some reason act 7 final boss one-shot sniper skill everytime freezes my screen for 1-2 seconds. Died ~10 times in this battle.:negative:

^ Top  
  17. lukaszek Magister

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    rerolling again :negative:
    Didnt like my defenses in the end. Opening breach and instant death was too much(no idea how). It was annoying me already that I was using a bunch of ES items due to needed sockets. I will just embrace it this time.

Gonna try again with hybrid occultist. MOM + life + ES(thx to corrupted energy). To regain all 3 at the same time im gonna use VP + vile bastion + warlods curse.

^ Top  
  18. made Arcane

made
    Parrots:
    From what I've seen from breaches so far, that league must have been tons more fun than Harbingers.

Also by lvl 78 I've found 2 Ex and 1 exalted shard lol

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    ^ Top  
  19. Saark Prophet Patron

Saark
    Parrots:
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    To be expected, Leagues that get released with bigger content-patches like Ascendancy, Awakening, Atlas of Worlds etc. are always less intrusive than the leagues that get released with smaller patches that mostly focus on balancing. That being said, they need to release those changes to Harbinger Orbs and the availability of harbingers in maps as quickly as possible. Since none of the new bosses made it into the atlas yet, the excitement quickly drops for a lot of people when they reach 90+ and they either have to buy beachheads to experience the current league as it was meant to be, or just play around with the balance changes in content that feels a lot older than it actually is (atlas only got released a year ago) thanks to the new leveling experience. I expect them to put all those new bosses to good use for either the next league or they are gonna update the atlas entirely for the third release in this cycle.

^ Top  
  20. Jason Liang Arbiter

Jason Liang
    Parrots:
    Exactly. This is not a serious league. Just take a build through act 10 and move on.

^ Top  
  21. made Arcane

made
    Parrots:
    Yeah I realize that. nevertheless, they could have made harbingers more fun and worthwhile at higher levels. There is still time for that, however.

^ Top  
  22. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Parrots:
    Yep. Especially the parts where the FPS would go to 0 and you would just mash pots and attack hoping you weren't dead by the end of it.

[​IMG]

:yeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Best Deal! Best Deal! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I dunno about awsum but I am playing bleed+poison :M

^ Top  
  24. Quatlo Arcane

Quatlo
    Parrots:
    Whats your ingame nickname? Are you in our guild?

^ Top  
  25. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Jaedar and no.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)