Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Hyperion

Arcane
I may be mistaken, but I believe it's actually intended to be a nerf. If you're running a Pierce gem, you're probably aiming for 100%. Builds that once pierced EVERYTHING will now have their projectiles stop after a few targets. You can probably get enough +targets pierced for it not to matter, though. We'll see.

I think they've still got a ways to go before projectile builds are on par with AoE / Radius based builds.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I may be mistaken, but I believe it's actually intended to be a nerf. If you're running a Pierce gem, you're probably aiming for 100%. Builds that once pierced EVERYTHING will now have their projectiles stop after a few targets. You can probably get enough +targets pierced for it not to matter, though. We'll see.

I think they've still got a ways to go before projectile builds are on par with AoE / Radius based builds.
Well it is a good change for ED + CA build. Now you can put pierce support with ED and have enough pierce to hit that boss you were aiming for.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's a move away from a mechanic that required you to either invest until you hit a certain breakpoint or not invest at all, instead giving the player more choice on the matter. Unless you were getting 100% chance to pierce you only ever used the pierce support for the damage multiplier. Now you can somewhat choose how important pierce will be for your character, and build around it. It's also a buff to deadeye.

Hyperion

Arcane
I can respect that change at least. I also like that they're swinging the nerf hammer like it's their cock, but every time they blast something with nerfs, something else pops up that gets buffed lol. And speaking of Deadeye...

jMKX0v9.png

lol

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Not entirely sure how many people will want to run Lioneyes Glare though, since it always had the issue of being unable to deal with reflect.

Hyperion

Arcane
I ran a Lioneye's themed Duelist back in Perandus or Prophecy league. Wish this were around at the time, heh. Reflect is also being reworked into a periodic aura. Think Racecourse boss. Offscreening will likely still be lethal for CI / Evasion characters, but that's the price to be paid if you wanna go squishy.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Avoidance-based characters generally have no issues whatsoever dealing with reflect, the exception being builds that hit so incredibly hard that you can literally one-shot yourself on a single mob. When parts or all of that avoidance simply do not work against reflect due to map-mods (once killed myself to reflect on a block build because I didn't expect the -block mapmod to be so noticeable) or for other reasons you're screwed. I don't think any Lioneyes Glare/Resolute Technique build can handle reflect when they are evasion-based, unless they have another layer of defense. Running reflect on a max-block necro however is like heaven, you're basically invincible thanks to all the healing you got from blocking your own reflect.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you don't mind lag and stuff you can do Dominating Strike with this combination. Just link Minion stuff with it, claw lets you boost dominating strike and deal good damage with it and minion links boost converted enemies. There are some builds on net with necromancer and dominating strike, don't know if they also use Scourge. I was looking into playing it but decided I dont' want to suffer lag and those problems. Same reason I dont' want to try SRS or animated weapon.
Nice idea. I cant find it anywhere, anyone knows what is the hp of dominated minions? Is it their base?
Yes. Also you can dominate blue enemies and yellow enemies :)
You even get their auras and shit. But Dominate lasts a short time.

Last edited:

baturinsky

Arcane
Looks like there is a lot of spell block options even without gladiator or necro. I wonder are they worth it?
For example, I can easily fit 6% of block in my Assassin tree and with Advancing Fortressx2, Bringer of Rain, Rainbowstride, Lazhwar and Reckless Defence I can have 61%/57% block. Or 65%/73% with two 4% Reckless Defence jewels.
Or more realistically, 59%/67% with two jewels, but some other helmet, so I can have high ES from helmet and chest.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Looks like there is a lot of spell block options even without gladiator or necro. I wonder are they worth it?
For example, I can easily fit 6% of block in my Assassin tree and with Advancing Fortressx2, Bringer of Rain, Rainbowstride, Lazhwar and Reckless Defence I can have 61%/57% block. Or 65%/73% with two 4% Reckless Defence jewels.
Or more realistically, 59%/67% with two jewels, but some other helmet, so I can have high ES from helmet and chest.
If you want to go block, you go 75/75 or you don't invest into block at all. I also recommend not using Reckless Defence, the increased chance to take a critical strike is too big a risk. If you don't care about dying a couple of times it doesn't matter as much though, but block is really something that you either invest into fully or not at all.

Veelq

Augur
If you want to go block, you go 75/75 or you don't invest into block at all. I also recommend not using Reckless Defence, the increased chance to take a critical strike is too big a risk. If you don't care about dying a couple of times it doesn't matter as much though, but block is really something that you either invest into fully or not at all.
Or you can build your character around Belt of the Deceiver + Indomitable cluster for reduced dmg from critical strikes, or you can go full safe mode with Brass Dome armour. But thats not an option for ES build im afraid. Enfeeble curse also helps with crits.

baturinsky

Arcane
Or you can build your character around Belt of the Deceiver + Indomitable cluster for reduced dmg from critical strikes, or you can go full safe mode with Brass Dome armour. But thats not an option for ES build im afraid. Enfeeble curse also helps with crits.

Brass dome also has huge penalty for shields.

Monster's critical strike is only +30% damage, so unless it can OHKO you, it's not a big problem IMHO.

Veelq

Augur

Monster's critical strike is only +30% damage, so unless it can OHKO you, it's not a big problem IMHO.
It is if you want to run all map mods because there are ones with increased crit chance / multi.

baturinsky

Arcane

It is if you want to run all map mods because there are ones with increased crit chance / multi.

I can just remove the jewel for them.

Hyperion

Arcane
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Pantheon

Don't forget this is part of 3.0. Killing bosses unlocks additional effects over time. Souls of Solaris has an interesting synergy with Reckless Defense jewels and block builds in general.

Soul of Solaris
6% Physical Damage Reduction if there is only one Enemy nearby
10% chance to take 50% less Damage from Area Hits

Capture Penitentiary Incarcerator
5% reduced Elemental Damage taken if you haven't been Hit Recently

Capture Lady Stormflay
Take no Extra Damage from Critical Strikes if you have taken a Critical Strike Recently

Capture Suncaller Asha
50% chance to avoid Ailments from Critical Strikes

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Just got my first character (Marauder Cyclone Juggernaut) past Merciless Difficulty and started doing maps.

This game is amazing. The leaguestones combined with prophecies and map mods add so many additional things to an area it's crazy.

So much fun.

I have to reorganize my stash tabs though. Have to weed out stuff I don't really need so I can fit more stuff. I have 8 premium tabs, 2 regular, and 1 currency, divination, and essence tab.

How many do you guys have?

Sykar

Arcane
Does anyone know if Scorching Ray will be considered an ailment? I am curious wether it is going to work with that "Perfect Agony" Keystone or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom