Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Zdzisiu

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6hab3c/cooterz_playing_act_8_on_xbox/

Link said 'ceddit,' not 'reddit' is all that was wrong.

Edit: I made it ~3 minutes into the video. 'It' kept talking over the guy at the booth explaining shit to him about the most useless, irrelevant garbage. You're testing a brand new Act for a brand new system, while using a controller, and your only reactions are:
a) the fucking loot filter
b) "OH MY CHARACTER IS SO STRONG."

I hate that the Reddit is the most useful place for updated PoE information, it's full of the biggest doorknob-licking troglodytes, whose only goal is to water this game down to the point where it's basically a better looking D3.

</rant>
ceddit is a site that shows you "uncensored" reddit, with the posts that got deleted.

Thats why Reich linked to it, to show that a lot of posts discussing the tranny in the video were deleted.

Hyperion

Arcane
Interesting. Google Chrome did NOT like that link when I clicked on it, though. Got an instant security notification - wasn't even allowed to proceed.

T. Reich

Arcane
Woooo, I actually managed to level to 85 in a 1-week race, go me! *crickets*
According to /played, it took me approx 35-40 hours of active play (after deducting afk time). I spent approx 20 hours of those doing the main acts (vs 6hr speedrunner time, vs 12ish hr fast good player time). Yeah, I'm fucking slow.:positive:
I went SSF-lite, in terms that I allowed myself several small puchases (spent maybe 30-35c on gear), and I haven't sold a single item (mostly because you couldn't use non-premium tabs to trade in this race - POE WENT P2W KAPPA).
Played a fire nova mine saboteur, which was a totally fresh experience for me, since I've never tried mines properly.
It was actually hella fun. FNM is actually a pretty strong skill once you learn how to properly into mines.
Plus, the build is an SSF darling - it has no mandatory uniques.
Also tried arc mines, but those are rubbish - good and safe for map trash clearing, but the moment you have to deal with a boss or a tanky rare, you're fucked, because arc has absolutely shit single target.
I also managed to successfully try out and appreciate the power of recently-buffed MoM keystone, as well as 2 uniques - The Covenant armour and Immortal Flesh belt. Both of them work pretty damn well for mana-heavy builds that also use MoM.

A bit of stats reflecting the current state of the game (what to expect by lvl85, RNG giveth or taketh):
* I managed to get up to t8 maps and can sustain them (46/126 atlas completion). That's mostly thanks to buying the missing maps from Zana - those chance orbs do come in handy. Haven't found a single t9+ map though.
* I've done maybe 60-65 maps in total, including Zana missions and a couple of breachstones and Atziris. That means that I barely did any "map grinding" - most of the time I simply did the maps I haven't done on the atlas yet. And only by the time I hit t8, I had to re-do a few t6-7 maps to ensure I had a decent supply of t8 maps.
* My average xp/hr in maps was about 85-90mil.
* I died 25 times, most of which were in maps due to being mechanically shit player trying to speed-farm breach+beyond combo.
* I've only found 3/6 uber lab trials on my own. This is still the shittier part of the endgame RNG (along with finding Zana early).
* I've leveled all masters to lvl5, and one to lvl6 (plus a couple halfway through). This was done purely through doing dailies and occasional map missions (I haven't seen too many of those, and even skipped about half of them to save time for the race).
* Master crafting proved invaluable during leveling and early mapping.
* I haven't experienced shortage of any kind of orbs for crafting.
* Got all main gems to lvl19.
* I managed to acquire 3 expensive items (Signal Fire quiver via prophecy, Cospri's Will armour via drops, Mortal Grief via Atzubi).
* I also managed to collect enough jewellers + fuses to successfully 6S+5L my endgame armour and have a bunch of them leftover.
* During leveling and early mapping, I managed to acquire decent self-found rare gear to bring me to ok life (4.5k+1k es) and maxed ele res, plus decent damage boosts. Only after that (and saving a bunch of chaos via chaos recipe) have I allowed myself to buy "endgame" gear. This bumped up my damage slightly + got me a decent ele res overcap and another 500 life and 600 es.
* At the moment of writing, my total approximate acquired wealth in pure orbs amounts to about 3,5-4 ex in LSC prices. Can add approx 1,5-2 ex in found items of actual market value.

Last edited:

Varvarg

Educated
Woooo, I actually managed to level to 85 in a 1-week race, go me! *crickets*

First post for me, long time lurker. Makes sense I first post in PoE thread.

I died @ lvl ~60 in race due to Vaal smash. That was shameful dispray. At least I am valid for the lvl 50 rewards. And fire nova mine is helluva strong indeed. I have a HC SSF trickster miner around lvl 72 currently, and even made a guide for it. Can easily map with rubbish gear.

Currently I'm mostly in legacy SC, levelling up a future doomfletch prism inquisitor. Just using the Xoph's bow for now. The upgraded Xoph bow is actually pretty darn good with inquisitor, if you have good attack speed and ignite/crit it will heal you up very fast. Damage is ok'ish.

Edit: build guide for miner (ignore the yt video, its bad) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luWecj7xA-c

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
People will still die to those, for same reasons why people still die to bearers - attention deficit disorder.

It does make it better for the non-mentally-retarded players.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
People will still die to those, for same reasons why people still die to bearers - attention deficit disorder.

At least now it gives you time to react in a way. The current volatiles are just "You didn't read the mod list on this rare? Allahu akbar motherfucker!"

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
"You didn't read the mod list on this rare? Allahu akbar motherfucker!"
Which is fine in my book, not reading nemesis mods/not communicating in your group deserves the death. Every decent group pushing maps calls out beyond bosses/volatiles/bears the moment they see them, not paying attention should be punished. I don't think that's the actual reason volatile got changed though.

Issues really arise once you pair nemesis with beyond, which results in volatile rares spawning while you kill other stuff. One of the most recent examples would be zizarans death in the 1week. It looks like he died to reflect. Slowing it down to 0.25x speed you can however see the health-bar of a beyond rare spawn next to him for all of 2 frames, followed by the volatile animation. He was already dead the frame it spawned and died, before you could even see that health-bar let alone the body of the mob.

Beyond has three shitty ways to instantly kill you if the circumstances allow for it:
-Volatile beyond rare spawns next to you
-Zealot of Tzteosh Detonate Dead
-Bameth Vaal Detonate Dead

Detonate Dead totems are somewhat similar to Zealots, but since they generally requires boss-corpses to oneshot you it's on you if you don't scout the boss-room on a totem-map and get killed by it.

The volatile change overall doesn't seem to be aimed at normal volatiles, since you shouldn't be dying to those already anyway. But in cases like Zizarans you have a chance at surviving. It would still require the player to react quickly though, but at least its finally possible.

Last edited:

Varvarg

Educated

At least now it gives you time to react in a way. The current volatiles are just "You didn't read the mod list on this rare? Allahu akbar motherfucker!"

makes me think of breaches and the slideshow they make on my computer. pair this with beyond, or even some unfortunate mod. Will rip so hard to this shit, because i never learn, and always go for that xtra loot.

At least they gonna remove league stones, so you need to cough up a few chaos for the breach mod

T. Reich

Arcane
Yeah, arc mines are the ultimate cutthroat dick move. Played them evey time I played cutthroat. Excellent for salt farming!:martini:

The problem, of course, that hardly any player (barring teh evul CI cheat0rz) has more than 9k life in endgame, so a cluster of 10+ mines will fuck them up no problemo. When we're talking endgame bosses and chunky rares, we're talking orders of magnitude more life.

I'm skipping the mayhem - it's voided.:keepmyjewgold:
I'll maybe play some races in the upcoming week, but otherwise I'm totally waiting for Godot 3.0.0.

baturinsky

Arcane
I made my Witch full-time Necro and levelled an Inquisitor for Flameblast. Both are using double totems and both are fun. Totems are great way to spam spells safely and cheaply. Both are on 60+ level. Using Storm Orb for curses.
Also, for some more hands-on action, made a 2H Marauder. With Cyclone, because it is a lot of fun to mll enemy hordes. It can be not clearing very fast, but thanks to never standing in one place and generating a lot of hits for Life On Hit, it makes me very tanky.

Still not sure what to do with Ranger. Tornado shot does ok damage, but that's it. Not very survival-y, or fun or fast.

My biggest problem so far is lack of 5L and 6L. I found maybe one 5L armor so far.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
is there any know way to abuse Gruthkul's Pelt in some phys based build?
i mean the downside is pretty hefty

tornado shot is actually an awesome skill for map clearing and if you gear well, can lead you to high maps/bosses as well

ArchAngel

Arcane
I also managed to reach lvl 85 in 1 week LSC race. I don't have any statistics on hand about playtime but I reached 85 1 hour before it ended.
I played a shittier build (Caustic Arrow) and could not get a 5L so my DPS was bad (around 8.5k dps before -15% chaos res and what vulnerability gives). I was able to buy a +3 bow at least for 6c total (legacy bow + prophecy).

Got MoM as well, probably later than I should have. Ended up with 4.1k life, 2000 ES and 1000 mana for MoM (which translates into about 2000 more life).
Didn't die often while mapping, maybe 5 times total and only once after getting MoM.
Had shitty luck with map drops and with Zana. Rushed for Strand and mostly farmed lvl 5 to 7 maps, Strands when I had them.
I would quality and alch and legacy stone all of them although I stopped using Beyond stones due to taking to long to kill those.
The last stretch 81 to 85 took me whole Saturday and was not very fun. My hand and shoulder hurt me by the end.
This is last such race I am taking part of.
I only did this one because it would transfer all I earned into Legacy and I have not played Legacy yet.

Good thing is that I got 1ex and one Ancient Reliquary to drop. And a Drillneck which my build uses :D
Well my build started as a Occ/Trickster Scion that would go CI and Zealot's Oath and ended up a Occ/Deadeye with Drillneck and 3 hybrid defense :)

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
As for 3.0 unless they nerf Decay support by a lot I would try a Occultist trapper with Bladefall+Poison+Decay. Trap supports and passives should boost all 3 damage sources and it would make this an even stronger version of standard bladefall+poison trapper.

Varvarg

Educated
is there any know way to abuse Gruthkul's Pelt in some phys based build?
i mean the downside is pretty hefty

tornado shot is actually an awesome skill for map clearing and if you gear well, can lead you to high maps/bosses as well

t-shot with gmp + pierce and a drillneck is solid for both clear and single target.

Gruthkul could be used with starforge and the new brutality gem, thats specific for phys damage only. I see it more as a levelling chest tho, the downside is substantial. no auras, curses.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As for 3.0 unless they nerf Decay support by a lot I would try a Occultist trapper with Bladefall+Poison+Decay. Trap supports and passives should boost all 3 damage sources and it would make this an even stronger version of standard bladefall+poison trapper.
done that, trickster is better.
Not sure how its gonna work in 3.0 as main strength of this built was insane double dipping.
Also, I hope that by poison you meant 4x coated shrapnel, not gem.
How is trickster better? Not in DPS.
For Poison 4x shrapnel does seem like obvious choice when using a Decay Support so you can use the 5th slot for Void Manipulation instead. But 4 jewel slots can also easily be turned into other things like bunch of Hair Trigger jewels that let you not use Sunblast and still hit targets easily and bonus trap damage is sweet. Or use some jewels with poison damage and damage over time + whatever mods. I could probably run both versions through Path of Building and come up with a better version but using Decay now gives more DPS so Poison is not even that important but it is a nice boost.

baturinsky

Arcane
Looks like all bow builds start with "get a Drillneck". Looks like I have to learn how POE trading works...
(after googling "how to trade in poe") wtf is this bullshit? Have they made it as peronal as possible on purpose?

baturinsky

Arcane
Drillneck is actually relatively cheap, only ~3c. But so many extra steps to buy it...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom