Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Damn these new races are incredible, the 2h monstrous treasure is insanely rippy but fun. Almost got the demigods too, but one too many silence-strongboxes finally got me. Surprised almost noone is running fire nova mines instead of firestorm though.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Some builds have extremely low entry-levels, some have extremely high ones, doesn't mean you cannot start out mapping with either of them and work your way up - meaning farming better and better gear until you can eventually tackle whatever content you want. Which is PoE in a nutshell, which was my point.
By this logic, going gemless is a 'viable' build too. You can always farm something in any fucking game and make marginal progress. But there's a point where it stops being fun, and that point is long before you've spent 50+ hours farming the exact same fucking shit.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Haha second attempt at deploying the MTX changes patch failed too.

Guys at GGG must be having some pretty fun time right about now.

T. Reich

Arcane
1qfx67.jpg

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Some builds have extremely low entry-levels, some have extremely high ones, doesn't mean you cannot start out mapping with either of them and work your way up - meaning farming better and better gear until you can eventually tackle whatever content you want. Which is PoE in a nutshell, which was my point.
By this logic, going gemless is a 'viable' build too. You can always farm something in any fucking game and make marginal progress. But there's a point where it stops being fun, and that point is long before you've spent 50+ hours farming the exact same fucking shit.
I'd say that when someone chooses a build that requires 50+ hours of farming to be able to do content that someone considers fun, it's his own fucking fault. There's hundreds of guides that detail the entry level of a build, and what it looks like once it gets close to "maxing out", everyone has the choice to simply not play that build when the core-items require something like a lv4 empower, +1gem shavs and whatnot. I've played plenty of budget builds that were rather shit at the start but had huge potential, I can simply choose to play another build that clears quicker at entry-level but caps earlier and then switch over with the currency I made.

Obviously there are also plenty of builds which never reach those highs, but as T. Reich already explained not every build is supposed to do every content. All I'm saying is that you don't need min-maxed gear to have fun with a build, some 100+ex builds already work extremely well up to t15 on a 1ex budget.

T. Reich

Arcane
All I'm saying is that you don't need min-maxed gear to have fun with a build, some 100+ex builds already work extremely well up to t15 on a 1ex budget.

Last week's PoE Reddit's darling:

No poison/ignite abuse. No flask abuse. Life-based. 1 ex budget (for morons who like to whine about being poor - if you pick up and hoard orbs while leveling, by the time you hit maps you'll end up with more than 1 ex in assorted currency. Much more than 1 ex if you play temp HC).
And then there's the fact that ele wander is one of the builds that can scale incredibly high with currency investment.

ArchAngel

Arcane
All I'm saying is that you don't need min-maxed gear to have fun with a build, some 100+ex builds already work extremely well up to t15 on a 1ex budget.

No poison/ignite abuse. No flask abuse. Life-based. 1 ex budget (for morons who like to whine about being poor - if you pick up and hoard orbs while leveling, by the time you hit maps you'll end up with more than 1 ex in assorted currency. Much more than 1 ex if you play temp HC).
And then there's the fact that ele wander is one of the builds that can scale incredibly high with currency investment.

Watched half of it. Looks boring.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
You can have fun.
You can do the hardest content.
You can do it with less than 1ex of currency.

You can only choose two of those.

Depends on the person obviously, some people take enjoyment from killing guardians/shaper/council with the shittiest/cheapest builds, but for most people the aforementioned rule is somewhat true.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yea, none of my builds that I play a bit longer are 1ex. Usually up to 5ex. More than that takes more grinding than I enjoy.

Hyperion

Arcane
NDA's gonna be lifting soon. We'll be getting a tidal wave of info from streamers and journos in the next 1 - 3 days. We'll also be getting the Beta tree along with it, so we can see any and all changes they made. Pantheon System is tied to story, so we won't get the full details on it 'till release because no Act 9 or 10. Act 8 is gonna be delayed. Personally, I'm gonna wanna stay away from anything that spoils too much of the game's areas and bosses. Shame about the Gruest thing, but it's been "known" for awhile.

GGG in one of their most recent posts all but confirmed Gruest, or the surviving Bandit Lord is going to be an Act 7 boss.

Bex on the subreddit said the Beta will have 11 new support gems then quickly deleted her post saying it was incorrect...could be quite fun if they finally listened to the community for the last 4 years and added some cool gems that modify the ability and not the damage.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You can have fun.
You can do the hardest content.
You can do it with less than 1ex of currency.

You can only choose two of those.

Depends on the person obviously, some people take enjoyment from killing guardians/shaper/council with the shittiest/cheapest builds, but for most people the aforementioned rule is somewhat true.
You can choose two of those provided you're willing to spend hours trading for shit instead of actually playing the game. If you don't want to play Path of Trading, you can choose one of those, and it has to be the 'less than 1ex of currency.'

Watched half of it. Looks boring.

But did you see the sick loot he got? Rare boots yo. Totally worth burning a guardian map. Must have gotten such a rush from that. I bet those increased his dps by at least .001%.

Listen, all I'm saying is you don't need gems to have fun with a build, some gemless builds already work extremely well up to merveil. And that's what PoT is all about.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I've begun liquidating the junk in my stash into Chance Orbs/ Chaos Orbs (using the Chance Orb recipe). If there are no objections, I will also liquidate the junk (1 alch) uniques in the guild stash as well, and place the proceeds in the guild stash tab. Once space opens up, if anyone would like their junk uniques liquidated, just place them in the 1st guild stash tab and pick up your orbs. 1 unique -> 5 chance orbs or 1 chaos (assuming trading for c's at 5:1 ratio).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What are you guys playing in the BETA? I will probably go with a banalshitboring mace + shield Ice Crash marauder since I have been playing special snowflake builds for like 9 months.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'll probably go with the pathfinder build that T.Reich linked above.
Or yet another summoner/necro...

Any word out on summoner QoL changes in the beta yet from streamers etc.? I love summoner more than anything but can't be arsed to deal with the hassles anymore

T. Reich

Arcane
What are you guys playing in the BETA? I will probably go with a banalshitboring mace + shield Ice Crash marauder since I have been playing special snowflake builds for like 9 months.

Viper strike life-based ??? class (likely shadow) - to test new DoT, new melee splash (still haven't tried it) and new life|es values.
If I get more time in beta - something ignite based probably. Likely to go ES/CI.

That is, IF I get the beta key. Last time I haven't got one until 1 week BEFORE the end. So I said "fuck GGG".

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I just bought a supporter pack

UxTzlQL.png

Figured they've earned it lately with the massive waves of content.

I mean just look at the whopping offers you get in D3 these days:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom