Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
So if we ever come across a similar situation, I think the best tactic is to offer the player his cut after sale, i.e., we would buy the HH and sell it for 80 ex and then give him his cut of 40 ex after the sale. While we wouldn't keep the HH the profit off of that would still be enormous.

If someone offered me that I'd probably just assume they were a scammer. They'd surely want some kind of deposit at least.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I was inspired by yet another subreddit post featuring Pathfinder/CI/ES/Vinktar's.

The official PoE seal!

92402dd69c.png

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yeah fair point, I forgot that actually the bulb on CI is full, with 100% of 1 life.

I'll have to do the seal all over again!

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
yay, The Doctor card Nr. 5 dropped alongside an Exalted Orb.
all the mindless Shaped Spider Forest grinding is paying off quite nicely

i got a little mad realizing that i cannot wear Biscos Collar without ruining my dps and gems, because my amu was providing me many needed IN and STR, but fck it.
i can clear T11 and T12 maps well enough with a crippled MF setup

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
If you have enough currency, I would just buy the rest of the cards you need. If you find extra Doctors later, you can just sell them to recoup your investment.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Since my totem dude is getting to a decent level I thought I'd look around for potential gear, and discovered that tukohama's is at least four hundred chaos. Guess I won't be using that after all. Also I didn't realise the extra totem armour thing not only stacked curses infinitely, but also counts the duration running out as a totem "dying". Well fuck that. 4 totems will have to do.

Clearly I'll have to try and up my jewing game next league or something so I can get some of the fun toys.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Piles of mere Chaos Orbs are for the gentiles, my mentsh.

You need a fully-pressurized garden hose of exalts if you wanna make a bunch of characters with top-tier gear.

Goromorg

Savant
Since my totem dude is getting to a decent level I thought I'd look around for potential gear, and discovered that tukohama's is at least four hundred chaos. Guess I won't be using that after all. Also I didn't realise the extra totem armour thing not only stacked curses infinitely, but also counts the duration running out as a totem "dying". Well fuck that. 4 totems will have to do.

Clearly I'll have to try and up my jewing game next league or something so I can get some of the fun toys.
Beg for forgiveness.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Self-Flagellation

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Might also need that thing that specifically reduces Temporal Chains' malus, on top of the thing(s) that reduce(s) the malus of curses in general. I don't give a shit if it's +500% damage, crawling around the map is gay.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
started to invest into stuff i hope will be worth more after Standard transition.
i am sure prices will adjust in one way or the other, but atm i found some worthy spec items.
-Perandus Manor
-The Surrender
-Red Nightmare
-Blue Nightmare
-Currency

according to the current price differences between League and Standard, those should be good investments, no?

any other ideas?
prolly good rare jewelry thats hard to obain int the oh so awkard Standard market, but that would mean i must know exactly what mods to look out for, and i dont even have so much knowledge bout all the builds

T. Reich

Arcane
Any highly-valuable league-specific uniques and legacy uniques will always fetch a high price on Standard... if you can find a buyer.

Buying certain reliquary foils is probably a good bet.
Chayula jewels, too.
Eternal orbs...

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
well, there is one important question:
will Leaguestones and/or Breaches be implemented into Standard after this league ends?

that could have some significant influence on certain prices.

i have no problems sitting on certain items for some time, i only invest currency i can spare, but the mid-long term value should at least be there.

Hyperion

Arcane
I hope not. They're a pretty boring mechanic, and they took away a good Chaos dump with shittier Zana mods.

T. Reich

Arcane
Anyone's guess at this point. Nothing regarding that has been announced yet.

IMO, leaguestones are interesting enough, but they nead some heavy rework to be a more pleasant experience. The fuckers take WAY too much micromanagement (and stash space) to utilise for fun and profit.
I don't give a dead rat's ass about Zana mods or "chaos sink" bullshit, though.

My guess is that they'll implement breaches somehow, seeing as that mechanic is the most popular (for a good reason) league mechanic to date, even more so than Cadiro.

Jason Liang

Arcane
So I finally got around to 5L my Sire of Shards this morning when a little unexpected magic happened:

28b9pxw.jpg

I guess this means we're engaged.

While unexpected I'm quite happy with this, as while a 6L Regalia might be more flexible, 6L is quite becoming on this particular ability. So for now I've given it to my Witch, as SoS requires level 49 and my Witch is, quite serendipitously, also exactly level 49. But this doesn't seem like in appropriate weapon for a necromancer so eventually it will go back to Omachi.

Anyway, I'm now doing research on all the various projectile skills as previously I was already making rain quite well with Bladefall. Any suggestions?

I was wondering about the pro and cons of Ice Spear vs. Arctic Breath. They seem similar but Arctic Breath seems superior?

I'm also looking at Incinerate cwc Fireball (to control the mana consumption).

Anyway, time to do some testing. The Nova effect should work with minions like Elementals and Spectres, right?

T. Reich

Arcane
Sire should work with projectile-using summons.
Using Sire for self-cast projectile skills kinda seems meh because you're forced to go into the packs for best effect.
I was playing with the idea of Sire-using trapper (magma orb and/or ball lightning as traps).
Otherwise, going with totems is a sure way to make good use of the staff.
I have a (pretty vanilla) flame totem Sire of shards chieftan, but with a little twist - using Empire's grasp gloves to reverse knockback + stacking knock back chance on passives + jewels (+gem for guaranteed madness). The resulting effect is similar to vaal cyclone - your totems drag the mobs towards them (flame totems have the highest base cast speed in the game, which helps a lot).
Otherwise, I've seen some fairly interesting Sire-using ball lightning spell totem builds.

P.S.: both ice spear and arctic breath are utter rubbish. Spears simply suck overall, while arctic breath still has the worst collision detection ever.
P.P.S.: Try using frostbolt instead! It's very solid. And with 2x threshold jewels and +2 totem proj jewel you'll be getting 9x projectiles on the Sire totems without any LMP/GMP gem! If you try it - pls make some screenshots :3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom