Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
GMP isn't the issue with Freezepulse though, the godawful new targeting ever since the change is. You have to aim your mouse way too close to your character to get decent coverage.

Those buffed league-restricted uniques are insane though. Broken Faith looks incredible with perma Unholy Might, which frees up a flask slot, and 100% global armour.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
GMP isn't the issue with Freezepulse though, the godawful new targeting ever since the change is. You have to aim your mouse way too close to your character to get decent coverage.

Those buffed league-restricted uniques are insane though. Broken Faith looks incredible with perma Unholy Might, which frees up a flask slot, and 100% global armour.
I wonder if those buffed league specific uniques will be divinable. As in, if you use divine orb on them on standard, will they change to the new mods? Seems like that should be the case.

Perkel

Arcane
huh you can get original uniques with 2.6
I mean 1000hp+ kaom or original shavs.

T. Reich

Arcane
The league looks perfectly skippable for me.
Unimpressive challenge tier rewards, heavily RNG-gated "legacy unique items" that I all own anyway, and heavily RNG-gated access to previous leagues.

I'll still play it, of course - to buy all of the new league-specific uniques and the buffed old uniques.

Hyperion

Arcane
Looks like Threshold Jewels behave differently now too. You no longer need to allocate the 50 of each stat, there just need to be 5 nodes in the general area to get the bonus. Since I'm a masochist, I'll be trying out Glacial Hammer for sure. because of this change, plus the one-handed buffs. Slayer, or Chieftain would be fun for the full fire conversion.

Perkel

Arcane
Also Chris said in interview that jewels will be way more interesting in future as they will be introducing whole meta based on them. New jewels for this league already are way more interesting:

3x4ISpW.jpg

Jewel like that completely changes Etheral Knives into Knife nova without introducing new game or support gem

Zdzisiu

Arcane
is an oros flicker strike still viable?i have one 92 duelist
I tried one on standard recently. It cleared mobs pretty nice even in tier 16 maps. The problem was the single target damage for bosses. It was quite lacking and frenzy charges were difficult to sustain for continuous flickers.

Another thing to remember is the map mod Enemies have X% chance to avoid status ailments. It can go up to 90% and that makes it more difficult to sustain frenzy charges with just oro.

All told, If you are thinking about just retooling a character on standard and already have good gear for him, go for it, its quite fun to flicker from pack to pack and melt mobs.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
through varius stuff i had over 60% chance to get a fenzy charge,i pretty much took all the skill tree passives that add %,my goal when i was playing was to get uber stuff with grinding to kill teh shaper but i got bored from the grinding and stopped playing.
we played some time together if you remember,i was in the rpgcodex clan,was playing an archer then.

the new melee skill is better thatn flicker strike fro clearing speed?

ArchAngel

Arcane
was away for like 4 month (after Atlas), did they fix melee, trading system or smtg other relevant in the meantime?

just read news about legacy stuff and was hooked on the spot
No. and 2.6 will not either. Maybe 3.0 will, we can hope.

ArchAngel

Arcane
at least i dont have to adjust than^^

some significant price changes on standard items?
Scourge Claws spiked in price due to people figuring out they are good with Blade Flurry (new skill) but also many other skills that can double dip.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
That isn't nearly enough, CI will still dominate.

I was going to make elementalist lightning trapper converting all my damage to fire but they are going to change conversion numbers so now I don't know anymore. Is there a skill I could use with trap support to offscreen mobs? As far as I know traps fire in random direction when they expire (sunblast + 2cheap constructs). Lightning trap fires projectiles in a nova with good range so that's why I like it.

I was also thinking of trying EK poison traps with the new threshold jewel which makes it fire in a nova but I don't think I can get enough projectile speed to make it playable skill.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom