Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

SSF doesn't really matter if there's no associated increase in drop rates. You can already choose to play the cookie cutter meta budget build without trading (or bothering to pay attention to gear or keep your eyes open) if you want to. I want SSF so I don't have to spend 50% of my 'play' time trading if I want to see all the content. This does nothing to fix that. Like half the endgame content pretty much requires trading (or playing for literally 20x longer) to even access, let alone win.

Anyways, even that isn't my biggest gripe with the game, which is that it's basically a fucking slot machine at this point. Walk forward while everything dies with no skill involved, until you explode from something you had no control over. Woo. That's not going to ever change because they're catering to people that think disconnecting is a valid defense mechanism.

Best metaphor I've seen is 'stamping on ants with the occasional nail'

And while I don't disagree that a drop rate increase would be neat for SSF, I guess it wouldn't work since with their suggested implementation a character can just cancel into the regular league at any point. I wouldn't mind if SSF became 'SSF with a buddy' or something, either. I do tend to play this game with some friends.

Speaking of drop rates, 5 exalts dropped for me last weekend. I wish I had that kind of luck at the start of a league!

Hyperion

Arcane
I wouldn't mind if SSF became 'SSF with a buddy'

Been doing this for over 2 years now. You won't be on the ladder, but it just requires some willpower and not giving a fuck what other people have compared to you. Though, I found a Ngahamu's Flame on my WW Slayer and breezed through Uber Lab in the first week this league, so....luck is ever the determining factor, hah.

Alt-F4 League is what draws a twitch presence unless your name is Kripparrian, so course they're gonna cater to it. They're a company whose motivation is making money after all. Even if it creates a game those of us who probably backed the original beta now hate.

abija

Prophet
Meh, if they initially they would have said no to alt+f4 nobody would give a shit. It's their mistake.

Hyperion

Arcane
Hardcore mode. If they're in a bad situation, or about to die, they hit their logout macro to (hopefully) prevent death, and the loss of God knows how many hours. D2 (and possibly D3) had a delay of like 5 seconds between logging out, and removing your character from the server. PoE does not have this, making it a more viable tactic.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
There's both. While having a log-out script that cancels your connection to the server instantly on the press of a button is a pretty wide-spread thing nowadays people generally look down on those that have a script running that automatically logs you out once your hp/es dips below a certain threshold. Even when using the log-out button you can still die rather quickly and easily, especially when you're not paying attention and simply don't react quickly enough. The automatic logout protects against pretty much anything that isnt you standing in multiple bearers, porkies blowing up in your face or any kind of one-shot hit.

Hyperion

Arcane
macro as in triggered by some panic button, or function that watch over your vitals and for example kill your client automatically when hp is at 10%?

The former. Some people have the latter, but GGG openly condemns that, and will ban if they find out someone is doing it. Or so they say...

Jazz_

Arcane
I remember trying this game, I was killing some scorpions on a beach or something, and I asked this indian dude ''how's the pvp in this game?'' and he was like ''there's no pvp in PoE'', and that's when I uninstall.exe. :killit:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hardcore mode.
It's valuable in softcore leagues as well once you push 95+, where 10% xp is as much time as putting a fresh character to 70.
Isn't penalty for dying on Merc diff 15% exp?
I remember trying this game, I was killing some scorpions on a beach or something, and I asked this indian dude ''how's the pvp in this game?'' and he was like ''there's no pvp in PoE'', and that's when I uninstall.exe. :killit:
There is PvP but only in arenas. But it is not really popular.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
macro as in triggered by some panic button, or function that watch over your vitals and for example kill your client automatically when hp is at 10%?

The former. Some people have the latter, but GGG openly condemns that, and will ban if they find out someone is doing it. Or so they say...
They say the same thing about using a macro that chugs all your potions at once instead of buying a fancy mouse to do the same thing. I doubt they actually give a fuck about anything but their cash shop though, honestly.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They do give a fuck. I knew a few people who were using it and they all got a warning. Those that didn't stop after that were banned.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
People have been arguing about this since the game was in BETA many, many years ago. It's a desync offshoot debate. There are likely 2,000 threads about it on their forums. Its why the game has so many bosses/enemies that are prone to giving out one-shot kills and why the management are fairly lax in closing the loophole. Imagine if they have a customer who's spent $1,000 on some massively ego inflating supporter package and they die at some late stage in the game and then start complaining that it was desync and demand their character restored or their money back, which does happen, there are lots of threads like that, how many more threads do you think they'd get like that if they went hardcore on Alt-F4? Tens? Hundreds? Thousands? Those $ are starting to pile up, eh.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's probably gonna be some gradual increase in XP-penalty, like 2% per act in merciless or something. It remains to be seen how exactly the acts are gonna change. I kind of like the assumption I read earlier, where someone imagined the first runthrough of the game to actually differ from the second one. Basically you get to do Acts 1-4 once, then do Acts 1-4 on merciless again with actual consequences (merveil dead, bandit choice mattering etc.) in the gameworld happening, which would explain the different act1 shown in the xbox trailer. It would be one hell of an effort but I'd certainly dig it and it would remove most of the complaints about the repetitive leveling process.

Chris commented here and there on reddit and it at least seems to be more than just "removed cruel, implementing gradual resistance/xp penalty scaling". Who knows, maybe once we clean up Wraeclast in normal the BDSM Nazi-Templars will arrive in merciless and fuck shit up.

ArtbookPage1.jpg

Zdzisiu

Arcane
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1832918 Breach inclusion manifesto.

Breach will come to normal game in 3.0. In 2.6 there will be a mechanic to get it somehow. So it confirmed that 2.6 will be some kind of "Legacy" and "All previous league mods" league. No idea if the mods will be on rotation, spawned by player, in different zones etc.

We can also learn from the manifesto that there will be no Poison/Double dipping changes in 2.6, they will come in 3.0. Also, no nerf to HoWA in 2.6. And finally, no change to ES in 2.6. Those things will all come in 3.0.

Basically, I will be playing HoWA CI build in 2.6 if I can afford HoWAs. Shouldnt be that expensive since they are dropping from easy breachlord and are the most common drop there. But the demand for them might be high.

Nim

Augur
Zdzisiu Nim

how much and how long have you been playing poe
every update makes it more and more apparent that ggg have no fucking clue what they're doing
4,5 years on and off. Imo they never had much of a clue, just that back then PoE had at least potential to be something good. Now it's just lawnmowing. :(

Canakin https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexil...n_the_xbox_release_and_the_future_of/dcme1vj/
545 points 24 days ago

This has been in progress in at least planning form since 2014, so if you're happy with Forsaken Masters, The Awakening, Ascendancy and Atlas of Worlds then I suspect you'll be happy with our future expansions also. Those expansions were also developed with a console version in mind. There's no difference to how we're developing them.

Perkel

Arcane
i got lost. whats 2.6 and whats 3.0? I thought the big changes were incoming for next league

2.6 is start of next league before 3.0 hits. It will contain some changes and probably will be shorter than previous leagues.
3.0 is act 5 update and like every big patch (2.0 added act 4) it changes a lot game.

2.6 will add Self Found option aka no trading for those who want it (like me) so i am uber hyped.

edit:

Also 3.0 will remove cruel. 4.0 probably will remove merciless.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom