Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Patch 1.05 notes

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
- Ciphers now start with 1/4 max Focus instead of 1/2

This is SO FUCKING HUGE. Low level Ciphers wont even be able to cast a spell before hitting an enemy. Major nerf, but not undeserved...

Tigranes

Arcane
- Ciphers now start with 1/4 max Focus instead of 1/2

This is SO FUCKING HUGE. Low level Ciphers wont even be able to cast a spell before hitting an enemy. Major nerf, but not undeserved...

Yeah, Ciphers were so damn easy I'm OK with this.

"
  • Arcane Veil now grants +50 Deflection, with Hardened Veil adding +25, for a total of +75 Deflection."
This also seems a pretty big deal. Wizard Solo is really viable now even on POTD.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Of course, the biggest win button of them all (Adragan) appears unaddressed?

As it says, a lot of changes are undocumented. From SA:

Josh said:
Gaze of the Adragan and its derivatives now have a shorter duration and the damage bonus vs. Petrified enemies is lowered from 4x to 2x. Still pretty good.

Ellef

Deplorable
What the hell is the point of not documenting all changes? Halving the effectiveness of a spell is not a minor change.

I see they changed the mirror image spells to something almost respectable. Still boring as shit when everything reverts back to deflection and accuracy though, not a unique spell in sight.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
  • Interdiction range has been reduced from 20 to 10.
Now THIS is total nonsense. Priests are already lackluster as it is. Also, I don't see any nerfs to the Druids, AKA better priests.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What the hell is the point of not documenting all changes? Halving the effectiveness of a spell is not a minor change.

During the beta there were almost no documented changes. Information was gathered through asking a dev (usually Josh) or finding out for yourself.

InXile's patch notes >>>>> Obsidian's

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Here it comes, the wailing and gnashing of some very very angry people who just lost their win buttons.
Oh yeah, because battles are so hard anyway ;) They still have a lot of nerfing to do before Hard difficulty becomes a challenge. But we both know they won't go that far.

• Arcane Veil now grants +50 Deflection, with Hardened Veil adding +25, for a total of +75 Deflection."
This also seems a pretty big deal. Wizard Solo is really viable now even on POTD.
I suppose that's the closest to BGII personal protection wizard spells they can get.

Now if someone would only script enemy casters to use these spells...

• Interdiction range has been reduced from 20 to 10.
Now THIS is total nonsense. Priests are already lackluster as it is. Also, I don't see any nerfs to the Druids, AKA better priests.

IMO the range isn't such a big deal as long as they haven't changed the radius. I find it a very silly tendency in this game spells to be marked as AoE to be actually one-target spells due to their small AoE radius.

If it was up to me I'd shorten Interdiction's duration a bit. Currently I'm able to cast it once, take one enemy out with a ranged rogue before the enemies have even closed in, and then take advantage of the long duration to take out half of a regular-sized mob before Interdiction has worn out.

Maschtervoz

Learned
Encounter design, AI and pathfinding are much greater issues than all the most unbalanced things in the game put together, yet they get little to no attention. You can juggle numbers around all day long, but it will never mean much in the grand scheme of things when in-game you spend most of your time auto-attacking repetitive retarded trash mobs.

Stompa

Arcane
Sanguine Plate's Retaliate mod has been replaced with Spell Holding: Frenzy.

Well fuck me sideways, that makes it completely useless for Barbarians. Not useless for everyone, though, since Frenzy itself is a good thing (frenzied Rogues, ho), but given how spell hoding works, it'll probably be rare as fuck to see it in action. Goodbye, the only offensive tank armor, we hardly knew ye.

Aru Breaker's Preservation has been replaced with a +1 Speed.

Woow, an even shittier bonus.

Ciphers now start with 1/4 max Focus instead of 1/2.

Was necessary, I guess. Not like it's a big problem since you'll just have to start with a ranged attack at low levels, while high levels can probably still initiate with Mental Binding.

Tuned down damage on the Retaliation mod.

Someone must really hate Retaliation.

Bracers of Spiritual Power and Archer's Gloves reduced damage from +20% to +10%.

That's just sucky. The items are still a good choice for offensive spellcaster\ranged combatant, but less impactful.

ArchAngel

Arcane
NOTE: The 1.05 beta will be released later today if our initial tests come back positive.
General Fixes

• Fixed many issues related to auto pause.
  • Firearms will now reload when combat ends on alternate weapon sets.
There are only 2 things that are useful in these patch notes for me, as I had issue with both. I don't care for the brighthollow easier resting when bonuses are still crap. And the rest is unimportant.

If they fixed that when you turn off AI it actually does turn off and not keep finding new targets on its own I could even replay the game.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
/sigh
The list reads like a major MMO patch notes: nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf...

Draining Whip is now working as intended.
Which means Cipher's focus generation will also suffer greatly. So don't kid yourself, kids. Cipher isn't nerfed, Cipher is destroyed. I mean completely obliterated. Enjoy being able to cast two powers per fight (well, maybe three is it's a long fight) and feeling like a Chanter without auras.

Well, it's not an MMO so at least I don't have to patch it.

Last edited:

Ellef

Deplorable
These hysterial reactions to class nerfs take me back about 10 years to WoW forums :lol:

You don't need to be emotionally invested in a classes power.It's not like a weaker class makes things less interesting (there's plenty of mechanics that will do that for ya), and it's not a competitive game so who gives a fuck.

You didn't all run 5 Kensai Mages and an Inquisitor did you?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Encounter design, AI and pathfinding are much greater issues than all the most unbalanced things in the game put together, yet they get little to no attention. You can juggle numbers around all day long, but it will never mean much in the grand scheme of things when in-game you spend most of your time auto-attacking repetitive retarded trash mobs.

It's taking Larian up to a year to rebalance the encounters of D:OS, while they're periodically "juggling numbers around." You're not going to see anything like that happen in a month.

Tigranes

Arcane
People whine about nerfs, and then pretend they have some greater reason for it.

Cipher was a "Paralyse everybody, again and again and again" machine, before patch.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Cipher was a "Paralyse everybody, again and again and again" machine, before patch.
Which means you had nothing against high Will targets. Now you simply have nothing. If I wanted my character to do nothing but reload his blunderbuss all day long, I'd roll ranged Rogue.

Athelas

Arcane
Which means you had nothing against high Will targets. Now you simply have nothing. If I wanted my character to do nothing but reload his blunderbuss all day long, I'd roll ranged Rogue.
Cipher powers don't all target Will, in fact the majority of them probably targets another defense. Ironically, cipher's combat role doesn't really entail much in the way of mind-control/illusion.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Those cipher nerfs seem a bit too much. And wizard nerf too.

I guess druids will be even more top of the line casters now?

Sothpaw

Learned
Been holding off my first playthrough to play other games while POE gets patched up. Really disappointed to hear about boring combat and shit itemization. Hopefully I get an enjoyable playthrough and POE 2 turns out much better (maybe a new lead designer?). Then again when your game gets a 90 on metacritic I can't imagine any incentive to change designers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom