Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox Strategy Multiplayer - EU3 Session Two

Alright folks, the beloved thread is here in a new version!
We're currently playing EU3 and just finished the first match of the second session!

A thank you to all the bros that made the sucess of the first thread possible!

BRO I WANNA PALY THIS EUROPA UNIVERSALIS 3 GAME WITH YOUSE HOW I SIGN UP?

No worries, my little bro!
We play with port-fowarding, courtesy of our bro Muty! So we only use hamachi for talking! Here's our hamachi channel adress:
Name: Codex Paradox
Password: kkk

If you can't get inside hamachi (because it has a retarded limit of 16 people per room), then tell us your skype name so we can add you!

Download the latest patch in a unmodded DW game and come with us play!
We usually play at 21 GMT, so be there on time or we're starting without you!

So my game so far was pretty boring as the Mamluks. I wanted to be England, but I was late, and that's the cross I bear. Milan seems to have gotten fucked a bit ( I guess you could switch to Papal States/Naples).

Anyway, the Ottomans are getting fucked in the ass right now by Morea of all places... meanwhile, I have annexed Tripoli and Hedjaz (gave me Mecca and Medina... ISLAM HAS ALL THE ANSWERS). The Timurids are in the process of dissolving, and I'm looking to annex the Arabian Peninsula and avoid going further West, so as not to piss off my European bros. I guess the Muslims start off with higher tech than the Euros, but research a lot slower. Anyway, with the Ottomans in shambles, the Timurids fucked, and no other major powers in the area, expansion should be quick and unimpeded... which leads to a boring game. I'll have to find a way to get mixed up in European affairs.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Seeing as Muty is asleep atm, I'll take over his job of linking to the stats page.

http://www.europa3.ru/cgi-bin/mpsta...league=na&season=comp&game=XIII&yearsave=1417

Good starting session, shame Milan got bumraped due to stupid ally decisions. Reject, just pick a new nation next game, we need you bro.

594867-23HCTQ7.jpg

Glorious Muscovy with planned borders. For now I'm paying tribute to the hordes, which sucks. Got a mission to vassalize Novgorod which will give me 3 cores, so in roughly 15 or 20 years I should be able to form Russia already. At least, I hope so.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
He was allied to france and went to help the frogs in a war against half of europe. France then peaced out. Butthurt ensued. Milan got violated in all its orifices. Reject said "Fuck this shit" and quit.

That's why he should ally with the noble Mamluks.

What's wrong Christians? Why do you leave your allies hanging out to dry? Is it because your religion values treachery so much?

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
I started as Holland and sat around for most of the session in a personal union with Hainaut. Later it was annexed by Burgundy, allowing me the opportunity to put a proper Dutch noble on the throne. I then sent hordes of my spawn to be married off in the HRE to raise my legitimacy and forge ties with the allies of the other Dutch states, hopefully to dissuade them from DoWing me.

My next move is going to be to seize Flanders from Burgundy, as they were just anally violated by France and are extremely weak at the moment, and then slowly unite the Netherlands.

Fabricate claims on Friesland! Easiest way to annex them, as it is hard to get a CB on them. Utrecht... just take the stab hit. The sooner you form the Netherlands, the sooner you get all of those delcious cores and some pretty good decisions.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am Branden Burg and the match was very uneventful for me.

Now the issue i had to take care of was that i was in a PU with Luxemborg and that hampered my choices.

SO after waiting Ages i went to war with them to get out and it went okay, the only casualties was my Electorate.
NOW free from the tyrannical rule of Luxemborg i got a CB on Pomerranian and i processed top annex them for the great good.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Yeah, the only real drawback to Brandenburg is that damn PU... that and Bohemia.

Yeah Bohemia is bigger then me, but with my full conquest of Pommerian i have gotten some GOOD provinces and that means i have the Manpower to fight, but i think it would be good to for me to go for a few of the smaller provinces first and Gain some power before i CUT a chunk out of Bohemia.

Poland and TO are a bit safer for me to fight so that is my Plan for now while making friends with a few of the HRE members for support in the future.

PLUS chances are Austria would like to break Bohemia also at some point and maybe a deal could be reached

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
EU3 retard willing to give a try, just bought it on steam sale (8 euros for Chronicles). Loved Vicki2 but EU3 seems to be much richer with content (expansion packs obviously help). Hopefuly I'll get hang of it until tonight.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hoaxmetal then you should practice with a country you will play in mp. Download a save from our game and pick one free. I think you will be fine, not powerful or whatever but should survive.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Any recommendations on which country to pick? Most of good ones which haven't already been picked are at war and I'm not sure if I can handle that right away.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Naples got big somehow, Hungary is quite strong too but its poor and eastern tech group, Poland and Bohemia both are pretty powerful at the moment.

I would recommend either of central European nations or Naples. Perhaps Milan since, despite Reject rage quitting on it, its strong too.

Poland neighbours Brandenburg and will have to contend with Russia. Bohemia is between Austria and Brandenburg but it should be manageable. Hungary is in strong position but poor.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Well both Poland and Bohemia needs to be broken for me to be comfortable.

It is still a bit off, but having a powerful a state so close is risky and POLAND is in the way of my Prussian ambitions.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Anyone reading this thread, wishing they had the game... all Paradox strategy games are 77% off on steam atm. Just picked up EU3 Comp. + DW + HttT $7.49(AU) and Victoria Complete Pack (Vic1+Vic2+all DLC's) for $9.95(AU) Just sayin.. ;)

Now to see if I can make head nor tail out these grand strats....

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Stats from the first session:
http://www.europa3.ru/cgi-bin/mpstats/s ... choicet=13

Hey TBS why don't you edit the first post with a list of the nations that are played and maybe screenshots of the map after each session, the stats and stuff like that.

My apologies to to Reject. I was a junior partner in that war for some reason?!? The swiss fags peaced out Burgundy and there was nothing else for me to do in that war. I saw Milan signing peace and I thought that he is out of the war. There wasn't much I could do anyway since we were in different wars with Bohemia.

Other than that it was a pretty straightforward session for France. Annex one or 2 minors. Promptly rape Burgundy and etc. business as usual.

There is one small thing tho. Slaughter I would like to renegotiate the price for my 3 provinces in continental Europe. I won't be able to make that much money in quite a long time. I would say I give you 1.5k for the 3 of them and we call it a day what do you say?

Hoax, try either one of the Italian minors or an AZN country if you want to join. I think that its bet to either take Milan or Naples, I'll try to protect you.

The problem with an Asian country is he's so far out of the action... Shit, I'm just in the middle east and I'm already getting bored to tears.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How much training should I get before signing up? I am still a complete n00b to EU3.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
i would get enough so that you understand the combat system and how to govern.

You need at least the basics

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Grunker said:
How much training should I get before signing up? I am still a complete n00b to EU3.

I'm not gonna lie to you son, it's a hard world out there. Superpowers conspire to keep the masses obedient, and if you dare rise up, even peacefully, they will smite you down because they fear your potential. It's not rare that the two greatest nations conspire against a weaker, smaller nation, just to ruin your day.

But besides that it's good fun, and you should get some practice in single-player so you won't get roflstomped.

Watch your inflation and be careful of the Holy Roman Empire at the start, and be sure to read the wiki. It's not a hard game, especially if you've played other paradox titles before.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Grunker said:

I would hazard a guess and say just hop in the multiplayer game. Take a small nation and ask about everything you can think of. You are going to understand the game way faster than just playing in SP and trying to figure out everything on your own. That shouldn't stop you from practicing in SP tho.

Sulimo said:
594867-23HCTQ7.jpg

Glorious Muscovy with planned borders.

Lol that's not going to happen, there are clearly Austrian lands there.

CrimsonAngel said:
PLUS chances are Austria would like to break Bohemia also at some point and maybe a deal could be reached

Why sure, I don't like challengers to the imperial throne.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom