Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox increase prices in poor countries, change their minds after getting reviewbombed lol

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think you can get detected and banned (or something else horrible) from steam if you insert pirated DLCs into a legal game. Given that there are torrents with the base EU4/CKII and all dlcs packed, why even bother with buying the base game if you are going to pirate the DLCs?

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
I used to like paradox not all that long ago but they have become the worst company ever. Anyone who intentionally ruins their own games with 'patches' and DLC to force you to buy the next one deserves prison.

Not to mention the insane DLC prices. Now let's double those hohoho what smart thinking!

Yeah they have really gone to shit. I'm kinda surprised they allowed the big thread about the price increase to be honest.

Edit:

From that thread:

:lol:

I didn't complain of nothing on their board or say anything political or remotely controversial and was banned in 5 posts. I am completely stunned they are letting anyone complain in any way, since on their forums everyone just seems to mysteriously get banned after a while even the makers of big mods :lol:

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
:necro:

They rolled back their prices on Steam and GOG. Who knew negative bombing could be so effective? Or maybe selling zilch during a sale really hurted. To hell with these shaddy practices.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hey the rollback is after the sales. . . Let's wait next year to buy their stuff.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Pdox needs a competitor.
Oh, they DO have a competitor. Here, look at it:
184911-the_creative_assembly_logo.png

Feeling better yet? It's a competitor any developer would sell their mother for. Competitor, who will force people who asked for alternatives say: "Whoa! Paradox games are not that shit after all! maybe my standards are just set too high"

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think you can get detected and banned (or something else horrible) from steam if you insert pirated DLCs into a legal game. Given that there are torrents with the base EU4/CKII and all dlcs packed, why even bother with buying the base game if you are going to pirate the DLCs?

You buy the game for mods Comrade; in the Case of CK2 its only thing worth playing not those official expansions about Shitistan, Joos, Le Merchant Republic, Horse Niggers or Tibet; Crusader Kings Game where you still cant play as Papacy or join and lead Knightly Order long years after release. :x

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Mods can still be dependent or DLC or be improved by DLC. Anyway, my question still stands - if a complete pack exists, why buy anything? Ok, maybe if the mod in question is only accessible through the Workshop

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-game-or-two-dlcs-after-price-hike-kerfuffle

Paradox offers free game or two DLCs after price hike kerfuffle

If you bought a Paradox game between 17th May and 6th July in any currency other than US dollars, you can get a free game or two DLCs.

The publisher offer follows a recent kerfuffle with game pricing. Paradox put up its prices as a result of that old currency fluctuation chestnut, then after players cried foul, rolled back its decision.

Rather than offer players a refund on the price difference, Paradox is offering free games instead.

"After exploring options with our sales partners, we've come to the conclusion that partial refunds (as in, refunding the price difference) aren't practically possible," senior community manager Escher said in a post on the Paradox forum.

The games on offer are:
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron 4
  • Crusader Kings 2
  • Europa Universalis 4
  • Magicka 2
  • Tyranny
Or, if you prefer, two from the list of the following DLC:
  • HoI 4: Death or Dishonor
  • EU 4: Third Rome
  • CK 2: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Utopia
  • Tyranny: Tales from the Tiers
Should you happen to already own all of the above then the system will credit you equivalent giftable keys. To make your claim, fill in this form.

"Finally, we'd like to take the opportunity to once again say we're sorry about our handling of this issue," Escher concluded.

"We value our community and the passion you have for our products, and we know we're lucky to have you. Of course, it should go without saying that as a result of this experience we will be looking at our internal processes to ensure that we can improve for the future."

If anybody has bought any Paradox games with non-USD currency recently, take that Tyranny DLC directly to the Gift thread plz

Vorark

Erudite
"We value our community and the passion you have for our products, and we know we're lucky to have you. Of course, it should go without saying that as a result of this experience we will be looking at our internal processes to ensure that we can improve for the future."

:roll:

Edit:

More info here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...hread-latest-news-here.1031635/#post-23049884

Hello people,

Here’s the latest on the price roll-back. Sorry for the wait, as you might imagine this is a somewhat complicated process so thank you for your patience whilst we sorted this out:

Prices on all Paradox products, in all currencies except USD (since USD prices were not changed), have reverted back to their pre-increase levels as of today. Additionally, now the price rollback has been completed prices will be frozen for a period of three months.

After exploring options with our sales partners, we’ve come to the conclusion that partial refunds (as in, refunding the price difference) aren’t practically possible. Instead, we will gift everyone who purchased any Paradox product between May 17 and today (including pre-orders of Steel Division: Normandy 44 made before May 17), in any currency except USD (where prices were not changed), a free copy of a full PC game or two DLC, as a gesture of goodwill.

So the price will increase again after three months? :lol:

Last edited:

mbv123

Arbiter
Mods can still be dependent or DLC or be improved by DLC. Anyway, my question still stands - if a complete pack exists, why buy anything? Ok, maybe if the mod in question is only accessible through the Workshop
You can still get mods from workshop with a pirated version as long as you don't have an outdated version, but the people who upload pirated version update them regularly, so it isn't a problem.

Turjan

Arcane
I don't think prices had actually changed in my € region. However, if I read that announcement correctly, I may still qualify for some free game or DLC. I'll have to check whether the key reseller is on their "approved list". Or whether buying a DLC on Steam counts.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm pretty darn pleased with Paradox, I can't deny. I paid For Rights of Man and Rights of Man Content Pack when they were at 50% off, and now thanks to this purchase and to their decision, I'll also get Third Rome, included in that (already discounted) price.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo it is like :
Dear retarded people that both our overpriced shit please accept our useless product that cost us absolutely nothing and lets hope that we look good in the eyes of the blind.

Turjan

Arcane
Not sure whether there had been another thread following up on this in the meanwhile, but I decided to check what became of this, and yes, I got a mail from Paradox on 8/24 already with a link to some site where I could choose what I wanted. At least this part worked well. Link is valid till 9/30, in case anyone wonders.

As I was completely unaffected by those price shenanigans (prices didn't change in this region), I'm okay with this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom