Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Paradox has acquired White Wolf and the World of Darkness IP, including Vampire: The Masquerade

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Yeah, but combined with that you've quoted

I can see that the session can turn into gothopotamus verbal BDSM orgy very, very quickly. I mean, one of the problems running oWoD campaigns, especially VtM ones were nutters. Ones who played exclusively Camarilla Toreadors always tried to recreate their Anne Rice fanfics, so it was always much angst, tragic love, and shit like that. And then there were Sabbat players. I tended to like Sabbat more, both as a player and a Storyteller. But when I was actively playing oWoD, we had three mostly separate groups - general PnP RPG players, assorted goths, and LARPers. Sabbat campaigns attracted some strange people, if some Camarilla players wanted Emotional Engagement, then some Sabbat players often wanted only to torture and rape shit. Well, it was in character, but playing with such people it's like playing with real life Slaaneshi cultists, which isn't my idea of fun. I'm not against heavy themes in PnP, but when a Pack Toreador wants nothing else than creatively dismember mortals all day all the way and fuck them in resulting holes with another dismembered parts, and a pack Tzimisce wants just to make more and more tentacle rape and subsequent molding of victims into a various creative forms - well. It's not my cup of tea (because fuckers didn't want doing anything else, I just sent Sabbat Inquisition and they all were executed for infernalism).

I doubt that it's only I who had encounters with such twats, but actively promoting sex&violence angle in nWoD should attract them like flies to shit.

Fuqwhat.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought I drop by this thread again. Reading back the last three pages, I still don't know
what happened. But I feel entertained. Mission accomplished. Time to pour me another glass.
By the way, how is the husk of Interplay doing? If they're going to throw licences around...
:troll:

Some fierce competition with Obsidian's Fampyr: the Masqueranfath - Blwdlynes
You've inspired me to make this:
cSonDId.jpg

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I've been out of the loop, is there any chance at all Brian Mitsoda could tackle this again (maybe as a contractor)? Or is he done forever with working with big companies and licensed properties?

EDIT: I'm seeing now that he's working as a writer on the new Torment game, so I guess this is more of a question of how burned out he was from the time he worked at Obsidian.

Last edited:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I've been out of the loop, is there any chance at all Brian Mitsoda could tackle this again (maybe as a contractor)? Or is he done forever with working with big companies and licensed properties?
His feminist wife won't let him.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's another Vault Dweller called The Vault Dweller from former Fallout fan-site, now SJW central, NMA.
Though this one seems to be neither.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom