Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Paper Sorcerer Released

Mortmal

Arcane
Its not a bad game,however it seems to be untested, the interface is quite a nightmare to get used to, mouse is inacurate and you have to click like 5 cm away from the icons to make it work. Worse of all after only 1hour of gameplay i already encountereda game breaking bug , my sorcerer went down in a fight then after zoning to next area its hp were back to max but he stays inactive and impossible to do anything about it .Same thing with summons i guess if one of your party member fall its mandatory to reload as i see no way to ressurect them easily , the cost of resurection is 500 gem at the first haven(had 200 game when discovered) wich means even if it wasnt bugged you cant afford it .

I am not saying the game is shitty, far from it, there's good and challenging turned based combat, i am really hooked , i want to explore it all,but i fear it's as bugged as daggerfall at launch.

Mortmal

Arcane
Oh just found what was wrong with the mouse... dont change the original screen resolution it mess up things.

V_K

Arcane
Currently there are two main bugs: resurrection not working (the developer says he fixed it already and will upload the new version soon) and some things resetting upon reload (though the worst it can do is trap you behind a closed secret door). Other than that it's been pretty stable (so far).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Saving game has been always a big problem. It's actually quite difficult to program it properly.

doshu

Novice
Tried the demo a while back, tried the release version like 5min yesterday:

• what's with the beeping when selecting dialog options? It's irritating as hell! I don't see myself playing 10+hours (if the game's that long(?)) with this annoying sound effect on
  • what's with the disappearing / reappearing of the dialog box each time you select a dialog option? That + the beeping gets both my eyes and hears to bleed...
  • what's with the horrendous combat music? Like, you go from a discreet but effective ambiant music in the dungeon to this techno pump bullshit? Seriously? And I guess there's only this one music for all the combats in the game, right?

I did participate in the survey after the 1st demo, saying mostly it lacked sound/music. But if it was to have something like that, the game was better off without. At least allow the player to turn of the (battle) music!

skyst

Augur
It's a fun game but I would wait for it to be less buggy. I played for a few hours and my Goblin (Thief) was one-shot by a boss then got the resurrection bug after clearing the level and resting in town, making the character basically unavailable for the remainder of my game. I could slot in a new, level 1 character but afaik there are no other Thieving characters and I cannot simply resummon a new Goblin. Irritating.

I'm quite looking forward to a version that I can complete - had a great time until hit with the bug.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I wouldnt mind if someone who bought game but didnt like it to play, gave me its copy ) Thx in advance, fellow codexers

V_K

Arcane
7 blocks in, and unfortunately it's much more buggy than I initially thought. Nowhere near the mess some recent releases were, but I'd still advise waiting a bit until the worst offenders get patched before playing.
Puzzles have marginally improved (there are fake walls after all) but they suffer from levels being rather small and self-contained. When you have only one locked door on the level and only one key in your inventory, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what goes where.

this is just a complete eyesore, I certainly will never stare at this for hours

I must agree with you there, despite considering it well polished.
The game changes hue each couple of levels, and there's some vatiation to the walls textures, so it's not that tiresome.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's a fun game but I would wait for it to be less buggy. I played for a few hours and my Goblin (Thief) was one-shot by a boss then got the resurrection bug after clearing the level and resting in town, making the character basically unavailable for the remainder of my game. I could slot in a new, level 1 character but afaik there are no other Thieving characters and I cannot simply resummon a new Goblin. Irritating.

I'm quite looking forward to a version that I can complete - had a great time until hit with the bug.

Dont even restart, i am at block 3, 5H30 into the game, now and just noticed a very very nasty bug , all the skill levels reseted to 1 after reloading a save . I dont remember a launch with so many game breaking bugs, its not accceptable as a release version .

And the list goes on : http://www.ultrarunaway.com/forums.html#/20131103/bug-reports-main-3352068/

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Anyone know what the system requirements are? I bet they're not high, but don't wanna buy it if it's not going to run on my netbook.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They should be pretty similar to Grimoire's, although you'll need a 3D-capable graphics chip.

Mortmal

Arcane
I would wait before buying as it will be very unconvenient to get the vital and most needed updates :

"You may download using the following URL:
https://sites.fastspring.com/ultrarunawaygames/order/dl/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Please download it promptly, as the address will expire
after 7 days. If you have a need to re-download in the
future just contact sales@ultrarunaway.com with your
order ID and a new download will be arranged."

That means after 7 days i will have to write an email to that shop, wait for them a few days to get answer and maybe a new download link if they accept, after a few requests they may not...

Mortmal

Arcane
He's working fast at least:

Current version update
v1.3 11/5/2013
Changes
- Skill levels resetting fixed
- Fixed walls collision in Reaper dungeon/catacombs
- Fixed exit doors in Reaper dungeon/catacombs
- Fixed souls not disappearing in main dungeon levels
- Changed Reaper event to allow unlocking dungeon levels out of order
- Fixed enemy map indicators when loading after enemy was killed
- Adjusted sound fx volume
- Fixed a couple weapons that take extra slots
- Made sure the skull key in block 8 spawns
- Made slight changes to several in-level events
- Made it so that the town image isn't displaced when returning from visit to Reaper
- Added additional shop zombie flavor text
- Fixed level 28 dwarf
- Removed invisible barriers around switches that open secret doors on levels 8-1 and 8-2
- Added flavor text to first spirit orb
- Fixed the Chant of UnMaking not activating on block 8
- Fixed so that Reaper's soul graphics on 8-2 disappear after being sucked into stone.
- Search event on 8-1 disappears after being triggered.
- Mending skill cures all physical and stat-down effects as intended
- Rewrote sleeping text to tell the player sleeping doesn't revive the dead
- Hotkeys no longer display menus weird

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Jesus, it's really not that bad. You must live in a goddamn cave the entire day if you think this is an eyesore.

Johannes

Arcane
I don't get what part makes this here an eyesore. It looks cool.

Seems really interesting, will buy it in a few weeks when the bugs are mostly sorted out I think.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Jesus, it's really not that bad. You must live in a goddamn cave the entire day if you think this is an eyesore.

Actually, the game's graphics should seem very familiar to cave dwellers, particularly if their cave has yellow-ish walls.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
My cave has yellowish walls too, lit by a weak bulb :( Yellow and black. And the outside is grey and black. Not particularly engaging to play a game with the same texturing. It may be less bothersome for people living in the countryside with fresh, colorful nature around them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom