Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Panic at Multiverse High! - a new visual novel by DoubleBear

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wow, they said they wouldn't ever go back to the zombie genre, but fuck, this looks horrible.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
PC Gamer has more, including a screenshot of their next game, a jRPG: http://www.pcgamer.com/panic-at-multiverse-high-may-be-the-most-ridiculous-dating-sim-yet/

Oh, there is.

nLoPuM32bZDZddMRx4rbgb.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm too impatient for Steam stats so

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/515000/achievements 20% of players have received all the achievements, and 33.3% have achieved the most, so by using the power of mathematics, I can confidently say 15 people own this so far (likely including developers, meaning two customers at best have actually started playing it). After Steam's cut, they've made nearly $100 in day one purchases.

Additionally, it turns out Annie didn't provide any art. It was a Literally Deviantart-tier artist http://shelldragon.deviantart.com/ and this person https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-bergh-00199110 which brings up all kinds of questions.

When you let your girlfriend think she's talented

From the archive link on the last page

I was enthralled with the idea of putting a comic on the web (now it seems like "well, DUH," but trust me, at the time it seemed revo-frickin-lutionary), and almost at once I started coming up with a cast of characters... who quickly evolved into Blue and her friends. However, sadly, for all this drive I had bugger-all technical know-how: this changed in the fall of 2000, when I met Josiah, who taught me how to use Photoshop, and shortly after we began dating. I told him of my ideas, and he agreed to help me set up a webpage for it, and for a full year I puttered around clearing up character design, coming up with script ideas (honestly, most of which have never been used), and generally mucking about. In October 2001 we were lucky enough to have Lem "Hot Soup" Pew of Lethal Doses consent to hang out with us (after me finding out that holy crap, he lived in the Twin Cities too). After he saw my drawings, he said "Yeah, it's good. Why the hell isn't it up on the web yet?" - thus giving me the kick in the ass I needed to actually START the comic, and quit dithering around. (Thank you again, Lem!) Thus a month later, on November 6, 2001, I'm Blue FINALLY went live, and Josiah took on the 'Web Guy' title he holds to this day - as I remain the hack writer/artist/creator that I am. After attracting volumes of praise (untrue) and millions of fans (that's a lie), the comic is still going strong, even after such moments as finishing college (May 2003), getting married to the self-same Web Guy Josiah (May 2003 as well), moving to Irvine (also May 2003), and making it through many work milestones and crunch times.

It keeps happening.

SniperHF

Arcane
My favorite part is the community section which has 3 threads and one of them is an 8 point code of conduct post :shittydog:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Well, I suddenly feel a lot more comfortable & confident in my life choices...

But seriously, I get moving from a full game to a visual novel after people hating combat in your games while praising your writing... but this?

If you're going the crappy DeviantArt route at least add tons of sex, huge dicks, furries, inflation and original Sonic characters, that will at least get some sales.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
So is this DoubleBear's new direction? Have they abandoned any thoughts of more ambitious games (and indeed games in general). Does anyone know how bad the Dead State sales were?

I backed Dead State but the reviews were so uninspiring I still haven't played it. :cry:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh, there's a website for the JRPG-defense game: http://www.panic.doublebearproductions.com/

In 19XX, Earth is attacked by a mysterious force from beyond our dimension! Their message – submit or die! In a last desperate attempt to strike back, the World Defense Force puts their resources into creating the Pandimensional Attack Nexus and Intelligence Command – the dimensional phasing base known as PANIC! Staffed with Earth’s smartest and bravest, they may be the last hope for our universe, and perhaps every dimension in the Multiverse! And all they have to do is win against incomprehensible odds… wait, what? How is that a plan?!

Your mission: collect heroes from all over the Multiverse and bring the fight to the enemy, the self-proclaimed overlord of the Multiverse, King Sha’art! PANIC’s gameplay is a mix of classic JRPGs and a Tug-O-War system. Push forward and take the fight to the enemy bases and bosses before they can destroy your base.

*All shots are taken from a pre-Alpha build

HeroBase_closeup.png

Player Base

EnemyBase_closeup.png

Enemy Base

Use special attacks and actions to change the tide of battle. Level your heroes to unlock new abilities!

MagiGatorCast.gif

Hero action attack

MagiGatorSpecial.gif

Hero special attack

Use a combination of over twenty heroes with unique abilities to take down the enemy as fast as you can! But be careful, the enemy will keep sending out more difficult waves until you finally take them down! If you lose all your heroes or your base, PANIC will be forced to warp back to its home dimension.

OrbGrunt.gif

Enemy Attack

GrandfatherCrueller.gif

Boss Attack

Back at the base, spend resources to buy items, upgrade your base and heroes, turn in Collector bounties, and unlock new universes.

About%20Page%20-%20Shop%20Small.png

Gadgeteer Store

About%20Page%20-%20Warehouse%20Small.png

Collector Store

Story unfolds as you upgrade heroes and move the campaign forward. To truly see all of the story, you will need to complete as much of the game as you can!

ClickScene.gif

Story Cutscene

PANIC in the Multiverse! It's everything you always wanted in a game, even if you never knew it. For those ready to play the future of yesterday today, it's time to PANIC!

Also there are info on characters and more screenshots for your
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I can't even laugh about this.

I was about to reinstall Bloodlines...

But the taste in my mouth...

:negative::negative::negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom