Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Panic at Multiverse High! - a new visual novel by DoubleBear

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Yes, DoubleBear of Dead State.

When you wake up disoriented and barely knowing your name and nearly late for high school and then threatened by a weird tentacle guy in a letterman jacket - what's a hero to do?

BECOME THE COOLEST PERSON AT MULTIVERSE HIGH, OF COURSE!

Join the PANIC! cast in their visual novel debut, as you join weird clubs, experience insane classes, celebrate bizarre holidays, and befriend wildly different potential best pals in your quest to tell your rival Chad that he is a massive jerk.

(Oh, and figure out why all these strange people are in high school and why you keep having mysterious headaches for odd reasons, that too.)
  • Eighteen possible besties!
  • Six clubs!
  • Four classes!
  • Three stats!
  • Friendship and stat-based reactivity!
  • The word count is a really high number I can't remember right now but it's REALLY HIGH, TRUST ME!
  • LOTS OF OTHER STUFF!
What are you waiting for? Enroll in a year of fun at PANIC AT MULTIVERSE HIGH!

Last edited by a moderator:

duanth123

Arcane
They don't have visual novel tagged in Steam.

Also, where the fuck mah waifus.

Take a note from your goddamn competitors

linkfilter

linkfilter

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh, they're also planning a JRPG-like defense game in same universe: http://www.pcgamer.com/panic-at-multiverse-high-may-be-the-most-ridiculous-dating-sim-yet/

After a couple of years of silence, Dead State studio DoubleBear Productions has finally spoken up about its forthcoming project—and it’s actually several projects. We’ll get a taste of it later this week with PANIC at Multiverse High!, a visual novel in the vein of Hatoful Boyfriend which will help fund a forthcoming JRPG-inspired base defense game set in the same universe.

PANIC at Multiverse High! is best described as a parody “otome” visual novel, and marks the first outing in the PANIC Multiverse. Unlike the bleak realism of Dead State, the PANIC multiverse will take on the lurid, hypercolour aesthetic of Saturday morning cartoons. According to writer and designer Annie VanderMeer Mitsoda, PANIC High will follow a character who is "inexplicably tossed into their first day of high school with no memory of their past, and a very suspicious bully named 'Chad' who declares himself their rival.”

She continued: “Faced with strange teachers and staff (who obviously know more than they’re letting on) and a nagging feeling that something about the situation they’re in isn’t right, the player has six clubs and eighteen potential best friends to choose from in their quest to face down Chad at Prom (because whereelse?) and defeat him.”

The visual novel will serve as a side story to PANIC in the Multiverse (or PANIC Prime for short), which is the forthcoming JRPG-style tactics game mentioned above. “I started experimenting with the RenPy engine as a means to test out game cutscenes before we developed our own internal tool for it,” VanderMeer Mitsoda said. “My first creation was King Sha’art trapping you in a high school and laughing at being your bully, and Brian [Mitsoda, studio founder] thought it was suitably hilarious. When we changed direction with the prototype of PANIC Prime, we decided it would be a fun idea to make this demo into a full-fledged side story, and thus PANIC High had its genesis.”

The visual novel is designed to gauge interest in the universe, and to get players accustomed to the cast before the arrival of PANIC Prime. "We decided to take this route instead of Kickstarter so that no matter what, people would have a game to play, and get to know the characters and setting more directly," VanderMeer Mitsoda said.

Durwyn

Prophet
From the people that brought you Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Mask of the Betrayer... FFS what are they thinking. This looks like something taken from my Penny Arcade nightmares.

Modron

Arcane
Cannot bring myself to click play on that video, just can't.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Damn, that art style. They really should've hired a good artist if they wanted to do a VN. This looks terribly amateurish - and just terrible.

Sizzle

Arcane
The black chick at 0:07 looks like a slightly painted over portrait from Dead State.

Modron

Arcane
The black chick at 0:07 looks like a slightly painted over portrait from Dead State.
Oh god I clicked the play to see if she had T-rex arms or something and the trailer was so much worse than I could have imagined.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I saw Roguey's post in the Dead State thread and wondered if Roguey mixed up the topic titles or something. But no.

:dead:

Mozg

Arcane
When you let your girlfriend think she's talented

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom