Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paid mods are back - Bethesda's "Creation Club" for Fallout 4 and Skyrim

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bethesda shot them self in the foot again?

what a surprise

hey, Pete Hines, lemme do your job for you for a moment:

no, I'm not going to mod the game for you

I'm going to tell you that you should have just made your own mod site and put a little button that says "support this creator"

become your own patreon and take the same amount patreon takes

no greed, no modder drama, just money in your pocket and modders incentivized to do your job for you even more

edit:
Will Bethesda let this happen? Well, looks like Nexus Mod guys are rather optimistic.
and when something like this happens, just sue them like you normally would

no competition

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Just because someone spends thousands of hours on a project doesn't mean it's worth anything or that they're entitled to praise and recognition. Yet most autismo modders are in it exactly for that.
Well, if someone is capable of spending thousands of hours on a project that sucks so hard it deserves no praise or recognition (or monetary compensation), then they certainly suck hard enough that absence of their content (because you won't buy it if it's pay-only) shouldn't affect anyone. After all, their content was not worth the time, why should it be worth the money?

Nobody would miss the majority of mods for Bethesda games. Console people don't care about mods anyway because they are too ignorant to see the flaws in the base game in the first place and even on PC there are plenty of people who would be happy with the vanilla versions of each game. The rest of us is sane enough to not bother with Bethesda/Ubisoft/You name it sandboxes in the first place.

MWaser

Arbiter
Bethesda shot them self in the foot again?

what a surprise

hey, Pete Hines, lemme do your job for you for a moment:

no, I'm not going to mod the game for you

I'm going to tell you that you should have just made your own mod site and put a little button that says "support this creator"

become your own patreon and take the same amount patreon takes

no greed, no modder drama, just money in your pocket and modders incentivized to do your job for you even more

edit:
Will Bethesda let this happen? Well, looks like Nexus Mod guys are rather optimistic.
and when something like this happens, just sue them like you normally would

no competition
hah, someone only paying out of volition? As if Bethesda would ever believe something like that would ever work. Gotta force the payments!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom