Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
New patch is out and it adds the new KOTH map Oasis.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

New Control Map: Oasis

Oasis is one of the world's most advanced cities, a shining jewel rising from the Arabian Desert. A monument to human ingenuity and invention, researchers and academics from around the region came together to found a city dedicated to scientific progress without restraints. The city and its inhabitants are governed by the Ministries, a collection of brilliant minds who possess many secrets, which have attracted the interest of powerful organizations from around the world.

BUG FIXES

General

Mouse 4 no longer controls backwards menu navigation to prevent conflicts with other functions that might be bound to that button
Fixed a bug preventing audio from mixing correctly on the main menu screen
Competitive Play

Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed Symmetra to place Teleporters and Shield Generators inside her teams spawn room in a competitive match
Heroes

Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to permanently hack a health pack

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Got my first legit sextuple kill, but fucking playsTV crashed midway through the highlight, so I tried MSI afterburner's video capture thingy, it absolutely ruined quality for whatever reason (even though I fiddled with setting quite a bit and made multiple tries), then I gave OBS a shot, but it didn't just crash by itself but also took the game with it... and all of the highlights are gone of course, because it's 2017 and AAA MP shooters need none of that fancy replay shit that other similar games has been using since 1998...

Just use the shit that comes with the drivers (shadowplay or relive)? Local recordings can be made at high bitrate so it will look fine.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
There's going to be a Chinese new year's event and here are two skins that'll be available.

t2h7vgphl9uceg2njfwx.jpg

KROW.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
INB4 SJWs running around like headless chickens due to "cultural appropriation", followed by finger-pointing due to Overwatch celebrating the Year of the Cock. :smug:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
It looks like Blizzard is making a big push for the Chinese market,it makes sense I think free-to-play and MOBA's are big there and Overwatch has elements of both after all.

If they introduce another mode I might reinstall it to check it out,hope we get another pve one eventually

Gerrard

Arcane
I watched this video of Jeff stuttering about his design vision and the more he said the stronger I had the feeling that this will be shit.

Jackalope

Arcane
I hate this mode. Most games end in a draw, no one knows what he's doing. And we always have a Hanzo on our team for some reason. It's just a clusterf*ck. I guess people wanted CTF, but the game just isn't build for that. Maybe if they work on it for another six months, they can fix it, but right now it's cancer.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Funny, most of my games ended with a definite victory, and only one draw. Perhaps I've played too few games.

Gerrard

Arcane
Imagine if taking damage reset your capture progress in every other mode.

Considering how they just push changes on PTR and then expect people to test them I have doubts if they even tried this in an actual match or is just something they brainstormed over lunch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom