Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Trade your steam shit for OW, if you have any. Also OW will be F2P for a few days (18-21 nov), check it and see if it's worth it.

__

I wish you could 'ban' or exclude certain modes/mutators from the BRAWL thingy in arcade. Shit with pharah/mercy and 100 hp soldiers is pretty boring.

Gerrard

Arcane
I still haven't done my placement matches, now with Widowmaker buff this is going to be a nightmare. Bronze league here I come.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I'm liking the Arcade. Managed to pick up 6 loot boxes in ~90 mins. 2 from levels, 2 from wins and 1 from 1v1 and 3v3.
I guess I was lucky with opponents/teammates and won 1v1 and 3v3 on the first try though.
Most importantly, I got to play mystery heroes which is always fun. Well, unless the enemy gets too many Zaryas and a Lucio, then it's horrible and awful.

Gerrard

Arcane
Ha ha, the matchmaking is absolute garbage
nJhzhc6.jpg

Also, for anyone who played the Mystery Heroes, do you also get worse performance in those games? I get some really bad FPS drops that don't happen during normal matches.

Last edited:

v1rus

Arcane
So, tried it out with the free weekend and all, and i must say, its quite fun. Still, giving 40e to Blizzie requires moar than "quite fun".

So Codex bros, can you share some moar insight about the game? I like what I've seen, but I feel like the game needs more variety = 23 heroes, compared to Dota's 110 is absolute nothing.

That might be the dumbest comparison i'v seen this week.

There are no real insights either, it's a team/class based shooter. If you like the gameplay, have friends or isn't autistic enough to find a stack somewhere down the road - go for it. Some characters have a pretty high skill ceiling and pulling off some shots and shit feels really rewarding.

Quality of games gets better with skill level obviously. The derpfest at low lvls / low mmr is as fun and stupid as in dota, that's about it.

Last edited:
If you actually want to compare it to dota - positioning, picks, execution, map awareness and teamplay are as important. Yes there are less variables (no items, less heroes / abilities / mechanics), but gameplay is more dynamic since it's a shooter and you have different maps/modes, so take it as you will.

Personally, I just enjoy doing shit like this. Haven't had that feeling of satisfaction from landing shots since CS 1.6

Last edited:

v1rus

Arcane
If you actually want to compare it to dota - positioning, picks, execution, map awareness and teamplay are as important. Yes there are less variables (no items, less heroes / abilities / mechanics), but gameplay is more dynamic since it's a shooter and you have different maps/modes, so take it as you will.

Well, that's exactly what i wanted to hear.

Ill def be getting this shit sooner or later, but it seems like later is the better option atm. Or, am i wrong once again?

Ill def be getting this shit sooner or later, but it seems like later is the better option atm. Or, am i wrong once again?

I doubt it will go on sale any time soon if that's what you are implying. As far as updates and content goes, Blizzard are notoriously slow in this department, but it's coming out at a relatively steady pace in OW. This week they added a new character, new map and 1x1 / 3x3 modes + took some others like ARDM / Brawls (weekly 'events' with modified rules, i.e. soldiers only with 100 hp and such nonsense) and threw them all under a new 'arcade' tab. There should be a new comp season starting soon, but i'm not sure if any big changes will come by then. Overall the game can be considered 'feature complete', though they will keep adding new characters and maps for quite some time still. Personally, I hope they'll make something similar to steam workshop and integrate it properly without going too greedy or complicating things.

As far as competitive sport they plan to introduce a league or something like that in 2017, with salaries for players and such. I guess after failing and badly mismanaging SC2 they want to do it right this time. Whether they will succeed or not - remains to be seen, numbers on twitch weren't particularly impressive, but they didn't advertise streams aggressively like other games do, so I dunno really, too early to predict anything.

v1rus

Arcane

I doubt it will go on sale any time soon if that's what you are implying. As far as updates and content goes, Blizzard are notoriously slow in this department, but it's coming out at a relatively steady pace in OW. This week they added a new character, new map and 1x1 / 3x3 modes + took some others like ARDM / Brawls (weekly 'events' with modified rules, i.e. soldiers only with 100 hp and such nonsense) and threw them all under a new 'arcade' tab. There should be a new comp season starting soon, but i'm not sure if any big changes will come by then. Overall the game can be considered 'feature complete', though they will keep adding new characters and maps for quite some time still. Personally, I hope they'll make something similar to steam workshop and integrate it properly without going too greedy or complicating things.

As far as competitive sport they plan to introduce a league or something like that in 2017, with salaries for players and such. I guess after failing and badly mismanaging SC2 they want to do it right this time. Whether they will succeed or not - remains to be seen, numbers on twitch weren't particularly impressive, but they didn't advertise streams aggressively like other games do, so I dunno really, too early to predict anything.

Actually, yah, I was hoping for a Christmas sale. : (

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

I doubt it will go on sale any time soon if that's what you are implying.

Actually the Overwatch Origins edition is on sale right now,it's 35 euros instead of 60,the regular edition on the other hand isn't so it's 40 for that one

v1rus

Arcane

I doubt it will go on sale any time soon if that's what you are implying.

Actually the Overwatch Origins edition is on sale right now,it's 35 euros instead of 60,the regular edition on the other hand isn't so it's 40 for that one

Seen that, but I'm actually hoping they ll go lower, either with a bigger discount, or a discount to the regular edition. Already gave like 80$ to Blizz for Hearhtstone this year, so Im kinda capped >_>

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I doubt they will have a bigger sale for now,probably in 2017

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
I got Origins for 40 yuros at launch, it went up to like 48 within a week so I got lucky. Blizz games very rarely have proper sales, they're like Nintendo in that regard.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Upcoming changes to Wyrmlord waifu,she will have two ults now and you can choose,also she has a new ability,instead of her shields she gets a new barrier

That McCree sucked dick even if he was hacking. Forum's layout looks like ownedcore btw, which is known to be scanned by blizzard occasionally, so yeah. I used to get tmorph there (model/animation swapping in WoW, only works on your side).

Cunts like tracer should be permabant though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom