Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Wonder if Zenyatta's buffs will do anything for him. He's a semi-decent healer but his intended playstyle (buff/debuff while dishing out damage) is at odds with how he actually performs (due to him having no way to quickly get in and out of combat, and needing to maintain eye-contact with characters for the buff/debuff to stick, a majority of the time you'll just float around in the open like an idiot desperately trying to keep your team buffed while debuffing anyone who pops their head out, and quickly get shot to pieces because of his low health). It's definitely preferably a majority of the time to just go with Lucio or Mercy instead.

Jackalope

Arcane
Tried the PTR. From what I've seen Ana is not really a sniper. I don't use the scope much, she can't climb anywhere, and it's pretty easy to shoot people without the scope. She's better with the rest of the team, like Mercy. Probably. Also, Zanyatta and D.Va are beasts.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucking finally. I hate seeing the death cam and getting headshoted in the body or something.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Wonder if Zenyatta's buffs will do anything for him. He's a semi-decent healer but his intended playstyle (buff/debuff while dishing out damage) is at odds with how he actually performs (due to him having no way to quickly get in and out of combat, and needing to maintain eye-contact with characters for the buff/debuff to stick, a majority of the time you'll just float around in the open like an idiot desperately trying to keep your team buffed while debuffing anyone who pops their head out, and quickly get shot to pieces because of his low health). It's definitely preferably a majority of the time to just go with Lucio or Mercy instead.

Zenyatta does crazy damage, and now with a little more survivability, and more importantly, faster debuffing, he should see way more play.

Gerrard

Arcane
Finally got around to finishing my placement matches, 9-1, rating 65. The last 3 games were terrible, like, what are these people even doing here level of terrible. I had a game on Dorado where the attackers never got through the bridge.

Now to never play competitive again.

Well, seems like Blizzard sort of made something decent for a change, I was shitting on the game mercilessly for various reasons (most of them are still valid though), but after playing it for a few hours at my friend's place I actually liked it. Reactive counter mechanics in PvP is probably my favorite thing in multiplayer games. In other words, stuff like that gets me going:

The biggest problem for me though is the price my in region, shit costs twice as much as GTA5 does. Goddamned Jewzzard.

Puukko

Arcane
You can get it for 40€ on cdkeys.com

This was quite the match.

UL1ssa8.jpg

Puukko

Arcane
To my mind the most amazing thing about that is that 50 eliminations apparently didn't break your record.
50 eliminations in a comp game is not all that much. Good games end with at least one player having 50+ elims and 20k+ damage done. My best is 62, have a friend with 81.

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
Oh, okay. I don't play competitive, so I dunno if it's more than in quick play.
I guess it counts both times you play the map then?
Yeah. This was a 2 round + sudden death match on Osiris, lasted some 25 minutes. KotH games can last 5 rounds.

I went and checked my comp stats on Master Overwatch and I'm apparently in the 99th percentile for kills/min as Reaper? I'm rank 63 which puts me in the 95th percentile overall, apparently. I don't think I'm any better than maybe slightly better than average, but okay I guess.

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Some good tips on how to use D.Va's new buffed defence matrix from the PTR, courtesy of gamefaqs, from the topic, You Will See No Difference In Dva's Survivability

If you use her shield wrong; flat out. The new shield buff is said to last 4 seconds, with a 1 second cooldown. It takes 10 seconds to recharge once fully depleted.

If you hold her shield out as you're exiting combat until it's almost empty or completely empty you are using it wrong. It works like Reinhardts shield meaning you can put it up and drop it whenever. The difference with her shield is that it comes up instantly, or near instantly. It also starts recharging immediately after the 1 second cooldown. You can literally throw it up right before you get shot to negate a barrage from a high fire rate character or heavy damage from a low fire rate character.

You only need to tap the shield button. On top of this the shield cancels her firing so that you never have to let go of left click in combat unless you need to fly out. If someone is rushing you and shooting, simply tap the shield button and fly toward them and then turn to get into cover or through a doorway. Her tackle pushes people away really far on contact. She can make a full 180 degree turn after tackling somebody and still get pretty far from them.

This is how you use the new shield.

http://imgur.com/Jsxyjdt

http://imgur.com/2A5yBTe

http://imgur.com/QiyPpTE

http://imgur.com/G0GPYuz

http://imgur.com/IZ29jZ8

http://imgur.com/VdPjNAq

http://imgur.com/0NT68j0

Full Album - http://imgur.com/a/1wytP

If you hold her shield up outside of being focus fired by multiple character it's like playing with Widow or Hanzo and never charging your shots.

I know i'll probably be ignored but I had to make this post. I see a lot of good players who get a lot of kills and rarely die because they're good at the game. Rarely do I see someone actually use Dva effectively. You can do good in any match with any character if your aim and reflexes are good enough. However using a character effectively is an entirely different thing.

Balance issues aside, potg is so dumb (which wouldn't be that big of a deal if replay system was in the game). Had more than a few clutch plays today...like pushing away 3 people from the car with a concussion mine and subsequently killing them, when they were 1 meter away from winning the game (we still had to def for 3 or 4 minutes and we actually did mount a comeback after that fight). Or when I took a point at opponents 99% pretty much solo as a Reaper, we still lost it though but at least we got from 7% to 92%. But instead potg goes to Hanzo that derped his ult in the general direction of his enemies, every single time.

Puukko

Arcane
Bastions always get play of the game. No exceptions. Not even if all they do is kill themselves.
Not in higher level games because people know how to counter him. I don't see Bastion POTGs anymore unless it's a great player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom