Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

By buyer's remorse you mean the actual fucking definition or do you mean the image board definition which is really post-purchase rationalization/buyer's stockholm syndrome.

The former is every codexian being pissed devs they funded through kickstarter the latter is when said butthurt codexians were trying to justify their stupid decision before they admitted it was shit.

pippin

Dunno about buyer's remorse but I will never buy games that depend entirely on online servers to be played.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Sorry folks, I'm now playing Factorio for what will probably end up being 1,000+ hours and couldn't care less about shooters at the moment. I may not even bother with the open beta.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sorry folks, I'm now playing Factorio for what will probably end up being 1,000+ hours and couldn't care less about shooters at the moment. I may not even bother with the open beta.
You are full of empty promises.

Steve

Augur
My friend gave me a beta key yesterday so I played it for some time. I think it's a stretch to call it an FPS, it's just a first person moba. The abilities you use in synergy with your team matter much more than individual raw aim skill. I was also surprised how slow paced it was. Everybody moves at a snail's pace.

After an hour I was already pretty bored, doesn't seem to be worth 60 bucks.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I have 1 beta key to give away.

Let the begging begin.

Alternatively, if you could see my tags removed, the key is yours !

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Open beta for everyone tomorrow anyway. May download and check it out. Expectations are low.

Martius

Liturgist
I have 1 beta key to give away.

Let the begging begin.

Alternatively, if you could see my tags removed, the key is yours !
Since I want to try it out anyway during open beta then one day earlier would help a bit.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Overwatch is literally a first-person MOBA, or as I like to call it: CRAPCUNTS. (Comprehensive Roster of Abnormal Player Characters-Underpinned Netplay Team Shooter)
Aiming isn't much of a challenge from what little gameplay I have seen, as gameplay revolves more around usage of your abilities rather than shooting and movement.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
ah yes, the expansive lore in a game where you shoot pixar characters in the same maps over and over
why even bother with lore for such a game if you aren't going to integrate it with the gameplay

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
Its incredibly easy to tell who youre fighting against, unless youre a dumbfuck.

Gerrard

Arcane
Serious cases of Onlywatch ITT.

ah yes, the expansive lore in a game where you shoot pixar characters in the same maps over and over
why even bother with lore for such a game if you aren't going to integrate it with the gameplay
Because it's what was left over from Titan and I guess someone was emotionally attached to it or something? It's weird though since from what I understand all the characters were made later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom