Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

abija

Prophet
Just git gud for fuck's sake. You can just put a system of tiers to separate the pros from the rest of the scrubs. Quake Live had one back then when i played it (it probably still does but fuck if i care) and it worked well enough. Aside for that, you don't need anything else. The whole point of an e-sport game is the competition. If player skill doesn't matter why bother?
How can you say it worked well enough when the game is dead?
I was so elitist I would even look down on competitive CS. Guess what, couple years later was left stalking servers of quake/ut/tribes while in my dorm building there were 50+ people playing CS at any given time.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Just git gud for fuck's sake. You can just put a system of tiers to separate the pros from the rest of the scrubs. Quake Live had one back then when i played it (it probably still does but fuck if i care) and it worked well enough. Aside for that, you don't need anything else. The whole point of an e-sport game is the competition. If player skill doesn't matter why bother?
How can you say it worked well enough when the game is dead?

The fuck is that got to do with anything? Quake Live is dead because the retards behind it fucked it up. That has nothing to do with whether a tier system is good or not to allow scrubs to compete with each other without pros ruining their day.

I was so elitist

Ho fuck off with that shit. There is no other reason to play those type of games besides the competition. The challenge is the only interesting aspect of most online games. Take that away and there's nothing left.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
For me, for you, for very few others. Maybe you should wake up and realize the vast majority is just looking for silly fun. Without those guys throwing money at the games, the devs will leave them to die. And you can't have a competitive game without a healthy player base.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Someone needs to send a screenshot of all the ass in this video to Blizzard. It's a travesty!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Uninstalled the closed beta a couple of weeks ago. The matchmaking is terrible even for the small player base. And it's not particularly entertaining with its chaotic balance.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Was this fixed?

oomyzMS.jpg

abija

Prophet
Uninstalled the closed beta a couple of weeks ago. The matchmaking is terrible even for the small player base. And it's not particularly entertaining with its chaotic balance.

The difference between heroes is so big matchmaking will never work fine outside very low and very high skill levels. (kinda like in mobas).

By working fine I mean giving mostly balanced games.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That's why games like this will always be shit -- have to have the Skinner's Box of ranking for the e-sports crowd. Whereas a game like TF2 is pick up and play and has hundreds of servers of varying skill.

Yet another reason why ASSFAGGOTS are bad news, but it's no surprise that game devs taking inspiration of shitty games, just look how many games have health regen or a weapon limit because the big boys do it too.

abija

Prophet
That's why games like this will always be shit -- have to have the Skinner's Box of ranking for the e-sports crowd. Whereas a game like TF2 is pick up and play and has hundreds of servers of varying skill.
That makes no sense, complaining about matchmaking in general and then praising TF2 "pick up and play". That's basically very low skill and at that level matchmaking works in pretty much every game.

Also nobody ever forced you to play ranked (does OW even have ranked?).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Unless you play versus AI you'll always be subject to MMR/matchmaking. TF2 is hardly low skill compared to this children's FPS/MOBA hybrid. The point is you can find low, medium, high, whatever skill TF2 servers and have fun. With games like Overwatch you're always subject to their shitty math and put in lopsided games.

Are you even in the beta? If not stop blindly whiteknighting their shitty products.

abija

Prophet
Wasn't even talking about Overwatch specifically but any game with some form of matchmaking and a half decent playerbase. Even HoN provided more balanced games than what pub TF2 offers.

Revenant

The thinness of Tracer's calves and ankles triggers me. It looks as if they're about to break under the weight of her body like a pair of matches. Her legs look too long to be anatomically possible too.

Revenant

Her legs look too long to be anatomically possible too.

She can travel through space and time but her unusal anatomy bothers you?
Yes, because she is, you know, a human. Widowmaker, for instance, looks quite proportional even though she's probably not fully human. Tracer, on the other hand, looks like some kind of freak - well, her lower body at least, she's O.K. from the waist up.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
She's a human in a far away sci-fi space-age.

Who's to say what differences man looks like in that time.

Who gives a fuck, really. It's a Hero-oriented teambased shooter..

BUT WAIT, her fucking legs looks too long.. stop everything.

This game is pure thraashhhhzz

Codex, codex never changes.

Revenant

She's a human in a far away sci-fi space-age.

Who's to say what differences man looks like in that time.

Who gives a fuck, really. It's a Hero-oriented teambased shooter..

BUT WAIT, her fucking legs looks too long.. stop everything.

This game is pure thraashhhhzz

Codex, codex never changes.
Trying too hard. Never did I say the game is bad because Tracer's appearance seems off to me, she just has pretty fucking thin legs for a human being, is all.

Also, "far away sci-fi space-age" lol, the game is much closer to near-to-medium plausible future sci-fi: bio-engineered gorillas and AI robots aren't that far futuristic. Legs of Tracer even less so, because they don't appear to be augmented and just look more like incompetent/weaboo design on Blizzard's part.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Does every company pay you to defend them or do you do it for free?

I speak out against autistic and generally retarded arguments and comments like the ones above. There's a big difference.

I don't really like OverWatch and I am not gonna play it, actually. But whenever I see retarded nonsensical arguments, it triggers me.

Regardless of what game it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom