Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware OUYA: "A new kind of video game console"

tiagocc0

Arcane
It seems they will sell the emulator only, and inside the emulator you can buy indie games made for them
If you want to run real games though you will probably need to copy them yourself to the emulator

"It looks as if these particular emulators have been given the platform's blessing, and check out the highlighted comment: One of them contains an in-app store that allows you to buy indie games for that emulator."

"As long as the emulators themselves are the only things offered, and no games are being sold, it's likely that this will stay just this side of legit."

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php...g-Today-but-Could-take-A-Few-Weeks-for-all-to

Kickstarter OUYA Consoles Begin Shipping Today but Could take 'A Few Weeks' for All to be Shipped
By: Ed Krassenstein​

March 28th is here, and if you are a Kickstarter backer of the OUYA game console, you probably have had this day marked on your calendar for several weeks now. Today is when OUYA is set to begin shipping their consoles to those who have backed them on Kickstarter.

While this is great news for those of you who have been waiting. It appears that you may just have to wait a bit longer. OUYAForum.com member, "code" has posted that he contacted OUYA's support asking if he could pick up his console directly from the company, upon its release.

"We will begin shipping this week from a remote location, so we cannot have you pick up your OUYA," explained the OUYA representative. "It will be shipped this week, and though it'll take a few weeks to ship all consoles, you will receive an email confirmation with (your) tracking number once yours is on its way."

The fact remains that there are close to 60,000 consoles that need to be shipped out. OUYA is not a large company by any means. Thus it could take a few weeks before all the consoles are shipped out. OUYA has not stated which shipping company they will be using, or how they plan to ship the consoles. Our guess is that those backers who backed it via Kickstarter first, will have their consoles shipped first (although this has not been confirmed).

Unfortunately by the sounds of things, some users will be waiting a few weeks before they can start playing Android based games on their TVs.​

Now we find out if it is a scam or not....

Micmu

Magister
Now we find out if it is a scam or not....
As if there's any doubt.... :lol:

The question is... do they get anything at all or do they get some useless, re-branded Chinese device.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I hope it succeeds to steal monies from m$ and sony. Actually, i really do not care if it is a hit or not as long as there is more competition in the marketplace to drive down prices.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Looping footage with a couple of frames of this "console" which could just as well been have inserted there. Awesome. You don't even know if that's what he's playing on. I'm betting it's not.

Malpercio

Arcane
Those are all the day one games!

http://www.explosion.com/27047/ouya-launch-games-list-revealed/

Abbigale And The Monster
A Fist of Awesome
Airstrike
AmpGear
Around the Rock Disc Golf
A Space Shooter For 2 Bucks
Barley-Break
Beast Boxing Turbo
Blood
Bubblr
Bunibon 2
Canabalt
Chomper Deluxe
Combat Demonstration
Command Crisis: Callsign
ConSoul – x86 PC Emulation
Deep Dungeouns of Doom
Donut Get!
Dubwars
EMUya – NES Emulation
Escape
Escape F2P
EVAC
Farm Invasion
Final Fantasy III
Fist of Fury
Flying Car
Forsaken Planet
Gamius Type IV
Giana Sisters
God Of Blades
Grow
Guns N Glory WW2
Gunslugs
Happy Vikings
Hexicheckers
Highway Rally
Ice Rage
iMech Online
Jelly Bounce
Jsidd Code Factory
King of Booze
King of the Hill
Kinito Ninja
Knightmare Tower
Lemming Rampage 2
Lord of Portals
Maze City
Monocle Man
Mosaic
Multi Space
Mupen64Plus – N64 Emulation
Natural Soccer
One Tap Hero
Orbiter
Organ Trail
Paper Wings
Phoenix Revival
Pinball Arcade
Pingo: Puzzle Poker
Pixel Pig Deluxe
Pix n Love Rush
Polarity
Powerups That Kill
Proton Pulse
Puddle
Puzzle 2
Quizania
Radiant
Rage Runner
RED
Regular Ordinary Boy
Riding Rhodri
Saturday Morning RPG
Save the Puppies
Shuttle Rush
Skymaze 3D
Sophia’s World
Space Buggers
Space Repair Inc
Space Sokoban
Space Tech Quality Assurance
Spin Wars
Square Off
Stalagflight (Julie Uhrman’s favorite game)
Star Shipping
Striker Soccer Euro 2012
Stupid Zombies 2
Subatomic Kangaroo World Tour
Super Daddio 2
SuperGNES – SNES Emulation
Swindler
Syder Arcade
The Amazing Frog
The Ball
The Little Crane that Could
The Secret Universe of Alpha
The Vestibule
Tower Master
Twitch.tv
Vector
Wizorb
Word Shaker
Zombies & Trains

Have you prenoted and successfully financed your Ouya yet, Codex? I know i didn't.

Malpercio

Arcane

One console to play all my classics on... hmm. That just made me interested in OUYA for the first time, honestly. Still gonna wait till it costs nothing though.
PC? o_O

Or PSP if he wants to play them on the toilet. Pretty much everyone and their mom can emulate NES and SNES these days.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You're right. Silly me. I forgot that computers are made from depleted uranium and weigh several tons. It's shame after the crane places where you want they can never be moved again.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Will it run just games oyua staff let you or will it run any android game available?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You're right. Silly me. I forgot that computers are made from depleted uranium and weigh several tons. It's shame after the crane places where you want they can never be moved again.

Because, yes, I will move my setup, desk, power outlets, cables, and replug everything every time I load up a game.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The only one of those Ouya games I've heard of is Canabalt. I'm assuming Final Fantasy III isn't a Squeenix port

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Because, yes, I will move my setup, desk, power outlets, cables, and replug everything every time I load up a game.
There are like a hundred ways around this. Hold onto your old computer when you upgrade and connect it to your TV. Not only cheaper, but more powerful than Ouya. Own a laptop. Bit the bullet and make an initial investment for a 2nd computer to connect to the TV.

The only advantage the Ouya has at all is being somewhat cheap.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, definitely cheaper not to sell a computer still worth 300$ and not buy a 99$ machine. Also more convenient to have that big fucking tower. Also, buying a gaming capable laptop definitely costs less than 99$ too !

You're right, Ouya is cheap and convenient, and that doesn't fucking count.

J1M

Arcane
Stop being computer-retarded.

You can stream video through an ethernet cable in your wall if you are unable to handle running an HDMI across the floor. There is also "wireless HDMI" in the form of DLNA.

If you want to buy an Ouya as a status symbol or a shiny toy, go ahead. Stop trying to rationalize it.

tuluse

Arcane
Yeah, definitely cheaper not to sell a computer still worth 300$ and not buy a 99$ machine. Also more convenient to have that big fucking tower. Also, buying a gaming capable laptop definitely costs less than 99$ too !

You're right, Ouya is cheap and convenient, and that doesn't fucking count.
I honestly see no difference in convenience. Most computer cases are about the same size as a nice receiver, or non-slim version of current consoles.

The fact that you have a full fledged computer you can do anything with instead of a tablet with no screen seems like a huge deal to me on the other hand.

crakkie

Arcane

You can stream video through an ethernet cable in your wall if you are unable to handle running an HDMI across the floor. There is also "wireless HDMI" in the form of DLNA.

If you want to buy an Ouya as a status symbol or a shiny toy, go ahead. Stop trying to rationalize it.
Jesus christ :lol: We aren't all living in computer squalor.

J1M

Arcane

Jesus christ :lol: We aren't all living in computer squalor.
Anyone who owns a television instead of a huge computer monitor is pretty low on the :obviously: scale to start with. You can't make assumptions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom