Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Order of the Thorne - new game from Infamous Quests

I would also echo the sentiment that you should play the QFG games (1-4, that is) before jumping into QFI (although, by all means, buy it immediately). A lot of QFI's humor is derived from poking fun at/sending up QFG tropes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Release date: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1463378

ORDER OF THE THORNE RELEASE
I'm pleased to tell you that The Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge will be released on Tuesday, January 26th, 2016! It will be available on GoG, Steam, Humble and Itch.io! We're very excited to bring you the first game in The Order of the Thorne Anthology Series.

Shortly before release, we'll start sending out download codes; some of you have already beta tested the game, and for that - we thank you so very much!

9e7eaad1d812fa5ab659db573c3fe3ff_original.png

This is only the first game to be released this year! Coming soon on the heels of this will be prequel to Quest For Infamy - QFI: Roehm to Ruin! Stay tuned for more information on the release date of that.

27307d9b72f3a0a221c7ec8c506275f0_original.png

And after that, the 2nd installment in The Order of the Thorne will come - Fortress of Fire!

4887e3c8be7521ffccb74738388fa196_original.jpg

It's a big and busy year for Infamous Quests, and I just want to say thank you to all of you who have supported us over the years. We're very lucky to have your support - being an independent adventure game company is challenging, for sure, and we thank you for supporting the challenge with us!

Also, wow, congrats Blackthorne.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, we had a bunch of work done before we went to the Kickstarter. I'd hoped to have it done by the end of November, and for all intents and purposes, we did. We've had a little extra time for some polish, etc. Had some friends play the game and give suggestions - I'm really excited to get the game out. We're already working on the second game, Fortress of Fire, and it's shaping up to be very cool, too.

Also, Roehm to Ruin, the QFI prequel, will be out shortly after The King's Challenge - so we've got a few games coming out this year.

Bt

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Congrats on the cute little munchkin, Blackthorne :)

Btw I was wondering, when will it be too late to pre-order the boxed versions?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
I won't be placing an order for boxes with the manufacturer until May, so anytime before that - you can just let me know if you want one, and I'll make sure to have enough manufactured.

Bt

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
And now, it's live on Steam and GoG.com - backers, Steam codes were sent out a bit ago - GoG codes are coming soon. Hope you have a good time with it!

Bt

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1474551

The Order of the Thorne Backer Codes!

Tomorrow Order of the Thorne: The King's Challenge goes live!!!

Thank you all so much for your support - we're very proud to be among the few that have not only released a Kickstarter backed game, but now TWO! And we have games three and four coming out later this years!!

7dfc2e022f6aea3c7c0dadd257ddc6fa_original.jpg

You should be getting Steam Codes from Backerkit sometime in the next several hours - I realize not everyone wants a Steam Key, but Backerkit will send them out to everyone. If you want a GoG.com key or a Humble Bundle key, send me a PM and I'll send you out a code right away!

Thank you, again, for believing in us and supporting us. I know Kickstarter has been an interesting platform for game development - with some successes and some failures, but we're honored that you've chosen to support us, and we plan on delivering you more quality games in the future!!

7f72f5b4792edc4c2df76857bb097992_original.png

Visit the Tavern in Crann Naoimh, the Faerie City!
So, remember, if you're interested in a GoG.com code or a Humble code as opposed to Steam, please let me know via PM here or info@infamous-quests.com - and I'll get that to you ASAP!

Now, go find the Queen!

Bt

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
If anyone would like to give this a go, I have a key from backing on Steam -- I don't see any daylight in my schedule to play any time soon, so I'd love to give it to someone who can put it to use. Even the hard-hearted Darth Roxor!

Well I was hoping to see this chart higher on GoG, but I don't really know what your metric for success is here. You I know sales for niche KS titles are more heavily affected by the fact that they 'sell' a fair amount of copies to their core audience during the KS.

Unfortunately I won't have any time to play this in the next month or two (honestly probably not until summer), but I'll be exhorting all my semi-engaged friends to check it out in the meantime; you guys sold me on QFI, and assuming you stick to those roots, you will have a lifelong customer and advocate here!

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Adventure games seem to have a slow build up and a long tail. So far, the response has been good - and we're still chugging along on the other games we have in production. Maybe by the time you get a chance to play it, the second game in the series will be out too (Fortress of Fire). It's funny, adventure games really spread by word of mouth. QFI has been out almost two years, and I still get emails and sales from people who are like "WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE?" or "This is just what I was looking for!"

As long as people are having fun, and we're eeking out enough money to keep funding productions, I'm good.

Bt

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Steam App Store did not advertise the launch in the "Popular New Games" tab. Instead they opted for Yet Another RPG Maker Shovelware MMCIV.

Also, purchased my copy.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Blackthorne can I get a GOG copy instead of the Steam key I've got.... pretty please? I know Steam sales probably look better as far as word-of-mouth goes but just not a fan of their service.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom