Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Order of the Thorne - new game from Infamous Quests

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Someone thought two minutes of me eating cereal would be amusing. Who am I to deny people a rare look at indie game dev?

Bt

I felt strangely turned on while watching the video :oops:

Blackthorne On the topic of the $1000 tier, will the oaken box replace the $75 Big Box and $35 Slim DVD box?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1212674

A little more info on "Fortress of Fire"!

08f5b1110fbca572ea179ff7954d1de1_original.png

We thought it was about time we shared a bit more information about Fortress of Fire, the second title in our Order of the Thorne anthology series. With a week to go before our Kickstarter campaign finishes, Fortress of Fire is getting close to being funded!

The Story
Sir Caradoc, a noble Knight of the Order of the Thorne, is summoned to the castle stronghold of the Order. The Grand Master of The Order, Aoife (pronounced ee-fa) had been hearing reports of disturbing happenings in the Land of Sunlight. Some months ago, she had sent a monk of the Order, Brother Eoin, to investigate the old monastery in the valley, but no contact had been made since he departed. The rumours of a darkness over the land and of a massive fortress appearing there overnight, were disturbing indeed. She decided more information was required and tasked Sir Caradoc with visiting the Land of Sunlight and investigating the occurrences. What has happened to the former monastery and what is happening in the land? What became of Brother Eoin?

6455ead5e24fcafc3d67e496e0972c3c_original.bmp

The Land of Sunlight, once a beautiful, peaceful place is now a blighted land.
Taking his trusty Squire Patrick with him, they set out across the realm for the Land of Sunlight. As they passed through the caves that mark the entrance to the Kingdom of Light, they stopped to look out over what was now a dark, desolate place with a massive fortress rising into the sky. Suddenly, they were best by a fierce and vicious enemy, and Sir Caradoc was captured while Patrick was rendered unconscious and fell down a gully. When he woke, he climbed to the top of the hill again - Caradoc was gone, but his sword remained. Patrick picks up the word, and with resolve, sets out to rescue his master.

Find out what happens in The Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire!

Squire Kit
Unique to Fortress of Fire is Patrick’s Squire Kit. This kit contains the usual basic squiring equipment such as rope and flint, but also contains a number of herbs and liquids that can be mixed to create a wide variety of useful elixirs and potions. Sure to be useful as he attempts to free his Knight from capture! The use of the items at his disposable and his skills as Caradoc's squire will offer unique solutions to the puzzles and challenges that lie ahead!

TEASER SCREENSHOTS

(artwork may change in final version)

f9c575342e803f0e38e04dc60556ea2e_original.bmp

The gates to the Fortress of Fire!
0308ced7f37d5fa6b5d92914c6e3e923_original.bmp

Inside the Fortress, can you find your way around and rescue Sir Caradoc?
WE'RE ALMOST THERE!
We have almost 700 backers now, and we're less that $10,000 from this stretch goal! I know we're going to do it in this last week, and we're very excited about the game! So, help spread the word in this last week - post/share a link, send in a tip to any games blogs you might know to help people get in on it!

You guys are great, and always have been. We have a video update coming out really soon, as well, so keep your eyes open!

Thank you for all your support.

Patrick looks out over the blighted valley, hoping to rescue Sir Caradoc. You can help!! Join up for more adventure games!

Bt

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm a bit short on funds this month (overspent on tabletop games). If I drop out of KS now, can I still get the physical goodies via Paypal later on?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1216458

Just over Two Days left? Also, Bt vs Marmite/Vegemite/Hot Sauce

Holy crap, friends. Just a little over two days left on this thing. What an awesome trip. We're excited to make games with you!!!

So, as of now - I am officially declaring that The Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire is going into production as well - with a tentative release date in Q2 2016!!! So, if you've added an extra $10 to your pledge for it, you'll be able to select it as an add-on reward in Backerkit!

As a result, two more $500 tiers are now available - you can get your portrait in Fortress of Fire!! Have a look on the main page for more info, or click to pledge! Only two spots - you can get your mug in a video game!!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

kazgar

Arcane
I was gonna pledge until you dissed vegemite Blackthorne

Just kidding,. Anyhow, for the slow amongst us, what's the easiest way to pledge and get all 3 games now? (unfortunately I don't have $500 for a portrait)

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
To get all three? Pledge $25 and choose the $15 "Both Games" Tier. After the Kickstarter, on Backerkit, you'll have an option to choose "Fortress of Fire" for your extra $10 credit.

Vegemite is definitely stronger than Marmite, no lie. I could imagine eating it after piling on beer after a night, though.

Bt

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hey Bt, the video starts okay but stops working every time for me... that isn't fair, it stops right when your face of disgust would show up.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1217357

Less than a Day Left!

e048696aa702c29ce8a5e5f3b702acaf_original.png

Wow, I can't believe this month is almost over. I just want to thank you ALL for your support for our projects. Making adventure games is something special, and I'm just bowled over by the fact that you all have not only supported us in creating one (Quest For Infamy) but with your support, we're making THREE more... we love these games, and we're just excited to be a part of the whole scene. We're in some amazing company here, as there are a lot of great people out there making adventure games now. We're not only developers, we're fans too. So, it's a privilege to share the stage with them and with you.

I'm also thankful that I get to be friends with many of you - and you let me be my stupid, goofy self. Sometimes just letting go of all the seriousness of the world that can weigh you down and going off and being goofy, funny, silly... it makes life more bearable. I know we've found a bunch of folks that are amazing, serious professionals making their way out in life - but they also have that fun, goofy sensibility and a zest for life and I can't tell you how inspiring that is. I don't think I, or the team, could make our games without your enthusiasm. So, thank you.

Thanks again to everyone for pledging, telling friends, and spreading the word about Infamous Quests and what we do. We're very fortunate to be making these types of games, for people all across this globe. I truly do appreciate you all, and I enjoy the times when we get to interact. My best to you all in the coming year, and my best to my team - you guys ready to make some games??

Bt

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Severian Silk

Thith lookth like an awethome game. Can't wait for ith to come out!

Severian Silk

No, but you can brofist ten of my other posts and we can call it even.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Thanks. We've been working on these all for a while, now, so I can't say - "Well, time to get to work." But I can say "Time to finish and polish up these bitches!". I'm just glad to be making more adventure games, and hopefully, if these are successful at least in a small way, I can eventually do Quest for Infamy II as well.

Bt

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Yeah, also note, for some reason, it adds the international shipping as default for physical items; if you enter your address and you live in the US, the prices are different.

Bt

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Haha, I'm actually waiting on the proofs to come from the printer as we speak - and working on the final touches with the DVD producer. I'll be psyched to get those out. Just ironing out the details - We've done a few more bug edits for the DVD version as well, and put a bunch of fun bonus material on there. Getting the map ready for printing, etc.

Trust, I got your email on speed dial when they arrive so I can share photos of the piles of stuff.

Bt

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1249651

Update: June!

Hey friends!

9497935ee229653f486f6d7e50e7788c_original.png

Just a quick check in - we're working on the games, as usual. Fizzii and Jon have been working on backgrounds in Order of the Thorne, and giving us some really great visuals. Jerm has been working on our games GUIs, along with other game animations. Our talented animation whiz, Dr. Slash, has churned out some great character animations and some fun inventory item graphics. Jenny has started working on portraits for Order of the Thorne, and they're looking amazing. We're really rolling along!

James has also been steadily composing new themes for The Order of the Thorne - he's exploring new arrangements, instruments and ethereal sounds to create the fantasy world of The Order of the Thorne. Have a listen to one of the tracks here!

(This is a work in progress; final version in game may vary. But enjoy anyway!)

7d7598182c2d603f683edb6ab4e6cedc_original.png

Thanks to all who have filled out their backerkit responses; I mainly needed information on who was getting what boxes, etc, so I can get an estimated count of how many to produce. Other questions, such as "What do you want your honor stone to say?" or "What is your book about?" etc. can be answered later, for sure.

You can always add boxes and other rewards if you missed them during the Kickstarter in backerkit. Or if there are people out there who missed it entirely, you'll be able to pick up these goodies until September 1st, 2015 - this is when we'll be closing the backerkit surveys.

Click here to pre-order goodies on backerkit! (Image is Artist Rendering, not final Box Art)

As always, the more work we do on this - the more excited I get. Pretty soon, we'll have some backer exclusive artworks to show you from the games. Thanks again to everyone out there keeping the flame alive for adventure games, and giving of themselves and their time for this. I can't say enough how much I appreciate it.

As always, if you have any questions, let me know, and I'll do my best to answer them!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous/posts/1266945

Mid June Update

Things are in full swing! Development pushes forward on all fronts, and we're making games! Every week, the games come more into focus as we add in the assets and work that our artists and composer have created. The title sequence for The Order of the Thorne has been completed, and it's pretty awesome (if I do say so myself!) The opening music and narration are done, and it really has the feel of a classic storybook adventure. I'll probably post a preview video for backers only soon, to give you a taste!

4ba7ebae332be8b2c527e74cba684777_original.jpg

Backerkit will remain open until the end of August - at that point, we'll lock down and charge your credit cards if you've added any items, such as boxes, etc. So make sure you're ready to go then - if you're not, please send me a message before August 30th and I'll sort it out for you.

If you missed out on some rewards, you can still add them in Backerkit - we just got the Big Boxes in for our last game, Quest for Infamy, and they turned out gorgeous. It makes us even excited to finalize the designs for the Order of the Thorne Boxes and get them produced.

The Box for "Quest For Infamy"

Don't miss out - visit Backerkit, fill out your surveys and add items if you like!

ce1a5664f2b7949c0c92069041737340_original.jpg

(Final box designs will change.)
Thanks again to everyone who supports us and independent adventure games! I think there's an exciting year ahead for all of us who love classic point and click adventure games. Talk to you soon! As always, if you have any questions - please send me a PM here or an email - info@infamous-quests.com

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom