Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Order of the Thorne - new game from Infamous Quests

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I figure if you take take a large dose of the 'Quest for Glory' VGA version, then mix it with a slice of 'Loom', then finish it off with a hint of 'Lure of the Temptress', you'll end up with this game. If so, it's hopefully a recipe for success. I hope it'll have the politically incorrect wit from Quest for Infamy as well though, to spice things up a bit, instead of it it being a completely innocent PG-13 game.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am kinda curious what a kickstarter budget of this size actually gets you.

Well, we funded this and worked on it on our own for a while - we did this to supplement our funding, help get it done faster, and maybe put a few more bells and whistles on things. We're a small indie group, and I know that - so we looked to augment what we already had, not funding something from the ground up and waste hundreds of thousands on some documentary or something. I tried to be realistic about it all and promote it that way - looking to Kickstarter to fully fund your playground isn't effective; but if you've built your foundation with what you had, and then you do this finish it properly... it might work better for people.

Bt

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Did my patriotic duty even though I usually only back when there are physical boxes. :salute:

It's not like this won't pass the funding goal and then some anyway, so I'm still holding my breath for them boxes :dance:

Won't be pledging 'till the end of the campaign (just bought a new laptop and upgraded apartments), but rest assured I will be pledging.

I apologize if these questions were answered in the KS pitch or elsewhere (trying to browse all this on my iphone).

I'm still a little unclear on Order of the Thorne's overall structure though. Are these different installments going to be different perspectives on the same story, the sequentially told (his)story of one setting, or disparate stories with the occasional overlapping element?

The plot also sounds a little reminiscent of Crystal Shard's A Tale of Two Kingdoms (which I would imagine you're familiar with). Was this at all an inspiration for OotT specifically or your studio in general? Are you in any sort of contact with the CS guys?

While you've stated that RtR is a straight adventure, and, from what I can gather OotT falls more on that side of the spectrum than the original QFI, are these games going to feature any C&C?

Regardless, very excited to play both of these Blackthorne.

:bro:

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
I'm still a little unclear on Order of the Thorne's overall structure though. Are these different installments going to be different perspectives on the same story, the sequentially told (his)story of one setting, or disparate stories with the occasional overlapping element?

They're different stories than center around one overarching plot line. Stories will eventually converge - but each game features a different protagonist.

The plot also sounds a little reminiscent of Crystal Shard's A Tale of Two Kingdoms (which I would imagine you're familiar with). Was this at all an inspiration for OotT specifically or your studio in general? Are you in any sort of contact with the CS guys?

It wasn't an inspiration, but Fizzii, one of CS's main artists, works with us and does backgrounds and animations for us. Our game runs a little bit more fairy-tale fantasy that Two Kingdoms.

While you've stated that RtR is a straight adventure, and, from what I can gather OotT falls more on that side of the spectrum than the original QFI, are these games going to feature any C&C?

Regardless, very excited to play both of these Blackthorne.

:bro:

R2R has SOME RPG elements to it, but not enough where I wanna be like "ROLE PLAYING ADVENTURE!!!" or else I'd feel like a suckass.

Congrats on the new laptop... mine is three years old and I need an update bad. I'll probably be able to get one now!

Bt

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Congrats on the new laptop... mine is three years old and I need an update bad. I'll probably be able to get one now!

P4Q4fZ8.jpg

:happytrollboy:

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Hey Guys - new update, announces the new title available at our 35k Stretch Goal - CLICK HERE

It's the 2nd chapter in The Order of the Thorne Anthology Series entitled "The Fortress of Fire"

4887e3c8be7521ffccb74738388fa196_original.jpg

This game would be released 3-6 months after the first OotT. It's in pre-production now, with a lot of backgrounds done, and some animations.

Now, do I tell anyone else about that whole "shoot for the moon, hail Mary" stretch goal at like 100k for this?

QFI-2-Teaser-PaleRider.jpg

Bt

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The March to $35,000

Posted by Steven "Blackthorne" Alexander

Well, we're on our way, marching up to our stretch goal of 35,000 for "Fortress of Fire"! You guys have kept it exciting, so I just want to throw out a quick update today before I head out for a medical procedure on my back.

NEW $100 TIER

Just wanted to let you know a new $100 tier has opened up!

Hogansville's Most Wanted"/Executive Producer Credit on Quest For Infamy: Roehm to Ruin.

Want to be a wanted criminal? You name will be listed, in game, on a town crier's board. Feel what it's like to be wanted by Baron Vandelbrot - and get credited in game for helping us produce it!

You'll get all previous awards (except for the other two $100 tiers - The Library and the Isle of the Honored) In addition, your name will appear in opening credits as "Associate Producer".

The other $100 tiers were popular, and we thought a fun bulletin board with little blurbs about "Wanted" criminals would be fun and keeping with the spirit of the game. This is a mock up of what it could look like in game. A click on a poster reveals a little blurb about the criminal.

8ca763a81ce42378dd2d31f35bd5cc57_original.jpg

You could be one of QFI's Most Wanted!!

NEW $1000 TIER - EXECUTIVE COLLECTORS PACKAGE

We created this limited tier in response to some who wanted something high end and very collectible. Only five of these will be made; each numbered and with their own certificate of authenticity.

This very limited package includes: One Limited Edition Keepsake Box constructed from Oak - a wooden box that features The Order of the Thorne Logo imprinted on it. Inside, your boxed copies of "The Order of the Thorne" will lie on a bed of green velour. A one of a kind item - only 5 will be produced. Inside the box, a certificate of authenticity, personalized to the pledgee, decreeing them the owner and member of The Order of the Thorne.

You will be listed as a "Producer" in the credits of all games created by this Kickstarter's funding, as well as a special "Revered Knights" section inside the actual Stronghold Castle of The Order of the Thorne. (Which will be featured in future OotT games.)

Pixel Art statues of your likeness, as revered Knights of the Order, will be in the Castle and will include a description of your Knight's history and deeds - which will be developed between you and the designers of The Order of the Thorne.

Each Box will be Custom Made. Any questions or inquiries about this tier, please contact me privately.

So, this is a very exclusive item, a thank you to those who so graciously support us and the production of our games.

b0102c5784075a056f6306124c5b8337_original.jpg

Mock-Up of Item. Not actual item.

MORE VIDEOS FUN AHEAD

So, I know I have a promised "Marmite" tasting video. It's coming soon - I've had some crazy stuff going on personally, and I didn't want to half-ass the video - so, look for that later this week. It should be fun. I know my suffering amuses you guys. But it might also be informative!

72f5abe8b3e7afaacbea8cbeb8b2c26f_original.jpg

REMEMBER TO SPREAD THE WORD

The biggest help people can give now is to get more people involved in this Kickstarter! Please share links on facebook, twitter and wherever else you think adventure game fans might lurk! As big a mouth as I have, a dev team is also as big as the support their fans give. Your excitement breeds other people's excitement, and that means so much to us!

Follow Us on Twitter @IQ_Adventures

Follow Us On Facebook - Infamous Quests Facebook Page

So, onward we climb to The Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire!

d194d20a05179b47160f263c76d05677_original.jpg

As always, I remain,

Bt

I love ya Blackthorne but $1000 is too rich even for my collector's blood... :negative:

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Someone thought two minutes of me eating cereal would be amusing. Who am I to deny people a rare look at indie game dev?

Bt

Aenra

You got balls. I'd never do that, ever. Way too self-conscious :)
And those expressions, lol .. you better be ready when the first .gifs start popping up ^^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom