Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Open X-Com Genius Level Test (Ironman) - August, Mission 25

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Two more:

Power suits and plasma rifles

MISSION 12 (crash site)... ignore the vid saying it's 11, I got it wrong

-Snakemen
-no casualties

MISSION 13 (another crash)

Highlights
-Yes, the point of Aleksandra was to die. I need a Power Suit 'corpse' in order to research these new drones (basically fixed up and robotized power suits) in a mod I'm trying.
-Brazilian Slaughter II died :(
-machine guns really suck. Don't know what the point is

Last edited:
Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
If it's not too much of a bother could you perhaps post the stats of those new weapons?
Sure

wyeLIgi.png

CjAhWGy.png

kJyk74T.png

qwSqY2m.png

What's with those extra soft non lethal rockets btw, 2 went off right in the middle/just besides a group of agents and none had even a scratch on them:P
Yeah, not sure. I noticed that too. That's why I was checking the nearby soldiers health and armor. Might have been a smoke rocket I loaded by accident (luckily) but doubt both were. Probably a bug

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Strategic update

Current bases

lXUR6tw.png

VY2QJ62.png

etvEDbM.png

Crete will just be a radar/interception base for now. Haiti is a construction base, moved my engineers there and building an extra workshop

Research slowly but steadily progressing

UOPqldJ.png

New craft!

mGsO3aG.png

Xl5BDOG.png

Os7V0NQ.png

The Thunderbird is a modded human-tech faster interceptor. Only has one weapon pod tho (avalanche for now, won't be good enough for anything bigger than small UFO in the long-term)

And now also an 'Improved Interceptor'. I think that's slightly better than the Thunderbird since it uses alien tech

fBMcugt.png

May score

2FU6C7O.png

And... what have we here?

Last edited:
Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
ALIEN BASE NEAR MOSCOW

Turn 1

-Edward R Murrow kills an alien but gets reaction-fired by alien's hidden buddy

Turn 2

Start of turn 3

Strategic map

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If it isn't too late, I would like to join as well.

I would prefer being assigned weapons that do explosive damage, be it Rocket Launchers, Blaster Launchers, High Explosives (my favorite) or just Grenades, with a pistol for a backup weapon. But if you have other ideas for the rookies, that is fine as well.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Alien base invasion #1 complete!

Great mission... Pretty heavy losses, nearly all of our most senior guys. sser and WhiskeyWolf are the only two members of the original squad left

The good news: an Alien Commander (Floater) was captured. I am now thinking of focusing everything on getting the Avenger and doing Cydonia as early as possible

Video is quite big (45 mins) so will take a while to upload

There's that 2nd base in France to take care of... not sure I want to do it right away with only 8 soldiers squaddie level or higher

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Rest of mission 14:

New feature (only started counting when installed update)
smGAgYa.png

...half the squad wounded (Azira, Desmodus and SmartCheetah) or dead (Eddy, Unkillable Cat, Overboard and Hobbit)

...SmartCheetah got two veterans killed trying to resurrect him. Not sure it was worthwhile, with firing accuracy of 9

...really lucky WhiskeyWolf was not blown up by his own high explosive... priming for 2 means the end of the turn after next

...extremely lucky: 1/ Floater commander berserking and it occurring just within my field of view, 2/ correctly guessing which of the remaining two floaters was the Alien commander

Roster update

SURVIVORS:

Original squad
sser (recon) - captain - 9 kills
WhiskeyWolf (sniper) - commander - 9

January recruits
Imperator (sniper) - sergeant - 5

February
Cleveland Mark Blakemore (auto-cannon) - colonel - 3
Johannes (sniper/heavy) - squaddie - 8

March
Average Manatee Mk II - sergeant - 8
Azira Mk II (recon) - squaddie - 8

April
hostergaard Mk II - sergeant - 2

May
SmartCheetah Mk II - rookie - 0
Desmodus Rotundus - squaddie - 2

DEAD:

Original squad
ERYFKRAD
Average Manatee
Brazilian Slaughter
JoKa
Hobbit (support) - sergeant - 2 kills - Russia alien base
Edward R Murrow (auto-cannon) - captain - 16 kills - Russia alien base

January
hostergaard
Azira
Jester (recon)
SmartCheetah
Random (recon)
ZeroCredibility (recon) - died in Melbourne
Overboard - MIA

February
Kashmeer Slippers - Novosibirsk
ERYFKRAD Mark II - Novosibirsk
Brazilian Slaughter - Mark II - squaddie - 6
Unkillable Cat - Captain - 13 - Russia alien base

March/April
Kashmeer Slippers - Mark II
JoKa - Mark II
Overboard - Mark II - squaddie - 1 - Russia alien base
Random - Mark II - got in way of Johannes' rocket, Melbourne
Kashmeer Slippers - Mark III - eaten by Reaper, Paris
Jester - Mark II - sergeant - shot on first turn in Skyranger, Paris

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
What's up with Desmodus fainting after you took a shot at the alien (02:24)?

Can you check if the stun damage from the smoke applies only at the end of the turn (as it should), or if there are events that can apply it during the turn? The original X-COM had a bug with fire/smoke damage on every tile affected by such an effect reapplying once another fire/smoke round is fired anywhere.

Nevill

Arcane
Nah. You were missing those HP before - look up 01:26. After the stun bomb hit, your stun bar looks like it had reached your health bar, too (02:04), so, theoretically, you should not be conscious at that point. Maybe the game did not check that fact properly before another shot was fired, and only noticed it during Imperator's turn.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
What's up with Desmodus fainting after you took a shot at the alien (02:24)?

Can you check if the stun damage from the smoke applies only at the end of the turn (as it should), or if there are events that can apply it during the turn? The original X-COM had a bug with fire/smoke damage on every tile affected by such an effect reapplying once another fire/smoke round is fired anywhere.
Nah. You were missing those HP before - look up 01:26. After the stun bomb hit, your stun bar looks like it had reached your health bar, too (02:04), so, theoretically, you should not be conscious at that point. Maybe the game did not check that fact properly before another shot was fired, and only noticed it during Imperator's turn.
Yeah, that's my guess as well. I'll report that on the OXC forum

Strategic decision time: should I go and invade the next alien base as soon as Skyranger is re-fueled and equipment resupplied? Or ignore this base until next month when rest of power armors are done (risk more European countries leave the funding council)?

Random

Arcane
Patron
Random MK II did pretty poorly... but Random MK III will probably be slightly less unsuccessful.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
L1berals are messing with my internet connection and lost my post

Anyway trying again

New recruits:

IznycfM.png

KsqyEEz.png

Some new tech thanks to Edward R Murrow and Unkillable Cat (these techs recycle power suits, basically robotize them)

4LXwEpS.png

zwNutp0.png

oTWkg8l.png

kZ8SjGK.png

Yet another interceptor I probably won't use (less good than the Thunderbird)

r3qBzux.png

Alien base invasion #2 France

Not extremely interesting, was being very cautious.

Jester Mk III and Nevill died

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Jester Mk III and Nevill died.
Doesn't matter, I have brothers!
Enter Nevill Jr., the Rocketeer.

Do they have Blaster Launchers at this point?

Last edited:
Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
3 more

MISSION 16 - small crash site, Mexico

-scout drone, seems kind of overpowered and not fun
-no losses
-Unkillable Cat 2 promoted to sergeant

MISSION 17 - night crash site, south west France

UFOs were going crazy

-don't know why map is in a built-up area, makes missions much more deadly
-3 casualties

MISSION 18 - night crash site, somewhere

Oh fuck... looks like Floaters have really upped their game (or has it switched to Superhuman difficulty?)

-pretty deadly mission
-sser dies from an alien grenade. WhiskeyWolf is the only survivor from the original squad
-tindrli very lucky to be alive

deaths:
ERYFKRAD III
Zero Credibility II
sser

Just after this mission there was a terror site, in Kinshasa, just as the Skyranger was returning. By the time it had refuelled terror site was over so we'll lose a bunch of points

jMqSdBv.png

Still
VbF2Um7.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom