Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Open world roguelike Stoneshard is now on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ink Stains Games; Stoneshard

Stoneshard is a cool-looking roguelike from a Russian indie studio called Ink Stains Games that we first learned about last June. It's no "roguelite" but a fairly classic turn-based roguelike inspired by the likes of ADOM, with caravan management in a procedurally generated open world as its main distinguishing feature. Oh, and awesome pixel art graphics, because of course. The devs have been posting detailed development updates on the game's Steam page and things seem to be progressing well, but like many other indie studios they've decided to try to raise some funds on Kickstarter to make it even better. Here's the pitch video and overview:

Stoneshard is an open-world roguelike RPG with immense tactical freedom, survival elements and in-depth follower system, set in a grim medieval world.

Inspired by legendary classic titles such as Diablo and ADOM and modern games like The Banner Saga and Darkest Dungeon, Stoneshard invites you to shape the future of the kingdom of Aldor… And die a lot.

We need your help to bring Stoneshard to every modern platform with Steam Early Access as a starting point.

Key Features
  • Embark on the adventure through a vast procedurally-generated medieval world
  • Lead a Caravan of valiant allies and expand your following
  • Struggle with physical or psychological traumas and aid them with medicine or drugs
  • Upgrade and customize your character any way you want to
  • Wage war to vampires, undead and mercenaries with 100+ weapons
  • Follow the will of ancient Gods and gain some of their power in return
  • Return to the journey with a new hero after your character dies in battle

Ink Stains are looking to raise $30,000 to finish Stoneshard, which seems doable. You can get yourself a copy for $15. The plan is to release the game on Steam Early Access later this year, with a final release sometime next year. For now there's a free "prologue" build you can try, which is available for download here.

Murk

Arcane
Saw they're half-way to their goal. That's promising, and it seems like the game is functionally "done" -- hopefully they can cram a ton of content in now.

Looks and sounds really good, my shekels are yours you cykas.

Last edited:

Curratum

I always get excited about roguelikes with graphics and two hours into any of them I realize they will never be as deep or as tactical and varied as ASCII ones and go back to playing an Angband clone :(

Sacibengala

Prophet
The expansions included are the kickstarted ones or anything that's comes out about the game will be included and free to backers? And will it be a paypal option?

EDIT: Got it. The DLC included are the kickstarter ones, if they make more after that, won't be included. But nothing is planned after the release. They said it on the FAQ.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom