Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Open Call for Reviews

Do what ya gotta do man! Eventually I will get around to bugging you to fix all the grammar and spelling errors you added into my two entries! (Ultima 1 and Dungeon Hack.)
And for the record I still try to keep my Might and Magic 3 save solvent on my Turbo Duo just in case I decide I must grindblob like like 1991-93.

miles teg

Scholar
Just found this thread and I wanted to say that this is all great :)

One game I know is missing from the gdoc list linked in the first post: Heimdall 2. It's quite different from the first game, but more accessible and I feel like it deserves a review. I still have my original floppy disks of both games (no idea if they still work...)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
One game I know is missing from the gdoc list linked in the first post: Heimdall 2. It's quite different from the first game, but more accessible and I feel like it deserves a review. I still have my original floppy disks of both games (no idea if they still work...)
I never played those, but aren't them more of an adventure game?

miles teg

Scholar
The first one is a "normal" RPG and, in fact, is already present in the gdoc list.
The second one is more "adventurish" with a sort of hack&slash combat. If quest for glory and diablo are reviewed, I believe heimdall 2 could, too

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Heimdall 2 is just typical action adventure. It's a cool game, but it shouldn't appear here.

V_K

Arcane
It has stats IIRC.

Edit:
heimdall_2__into_the_hall_of_worlds_screen_6.jpg

I'd say it fits minimum RPG requirements. Although I'm not sure it warrants a separate entry - probably better to do a single review for both parts.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
That increase automatically each time you level up, so the only relevant stat is 'level'.

V_K

Arcane
That increase automatically each time you level up, so the only relevant stat is 'level'.
By this logic no ADnD game should be on the list.
Which I kinda agree with.
:troll:

Edit: Oh, and by the way you're not quite right. Quoting Gamefaqs:
Probably the most notable difference lays within the stats. The Amiga
has more stats, as well as the CD32. But they simplified it for the PC.
[...]
About rising the stats, it's important to notice that meanwhile in PC
all stats raise by fighting enemies, in Amiga/CD32 only the stats being
"used" will grow. Per example, if you always fight hand-to-hand, the
Attact Skill will improve (among Strenght, Dexterity and others), but
the magic skills won't.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Probably the most notable difference lays within the stats. The Amiga
has more stats, as well as the CD32. But they simplified it for the PC.
[...]
About rising the stats, it's important to notice that meanwhile in PC
all stats raise by fighting enemies, in Amiga/CD32 only the stats being
"used" will grow. Per example, if you always fight hand-to-hand, the
Attact Skill will improve (among Strenght, Dexterity and others), but
the magic skills won't.
Filthy Microfag DOS peasants, bow to the AMIGA MASTER RACE.

But yeah, a review covering both games seems fair enough.

miles teg

Scholar
Mm apart from the name I don't feel like the two games have much in common. If the choice is between being reviewed together and only review the first one, I'd go with just review the first. I don't think anyone (apart from me) cares anyway :D

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, I just found this out. I guess I can send you my Pathologic and Prelude to Darkness reviews once I make them in a proper format.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh, I just found this out. I guess I can send you my Pathologic and Prelude to Darkness reviews once I make them in a proper format.
:hmmm:

I've been talking about this for 2 and a half years, how you only found out?

And thanks, but VD is handling Prelude, and I'm not sure Pathologic classifies as an RPG...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

And thanks, but VD is handling Prelude, and I'm not sure Pathologic classifies as an RPG...
Is there any chance you will finish this in 2016? The project really crawled to a halt as I see it, there are barely any updates for it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wut? Early this month I released a new version, with 50 new pages... it won't be done in 2016, but I'm keeping the same pace since the very start.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Alright. I didn't notice it because I avoided Codex Workshop and only yesterday realized what a mistake it was.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
If this project had been advertised extensively, I would have joined the Codex a year-and-a-half earlier in order to write the reviews for Dungeon Master and Morrowind. +M

As things are, I didn't even notice this project's existence until felipepepe asked me to write a review for Faery Tale Adventure after I posted my latest playthrough in the screenshots thread.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The corporate media owners of the establishment want to keep me down and promote their pro-popamole candidate.

But I think this world is ready for a critical revolution! One that isn't afraid to call W2 decline! One that will stop the 0,1% of RPG developers from taking 90% of kickstarter funds and metacritic scores!

:ehue:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hey bros, it's summer holiday in the land of JRPGs, so I got a lot of spare time this week. If anyone promised a review or want to submit one, this is the time!

I've already posted 5 new reviews on twitter during the weekend, plan to do many more & clean (most of) my backlog.
:cainapproves:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What games are most in need of reviews?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom