Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Online petition - Serpent in the Staglands review

Will you sign Diggfinger's SitS review petition?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
There are players already doing their own LPs and reviews of Age of Decadence and Underrail on YouTube. You can contact these guys. Even better, do your own LP or review on YouTube.

Talking about the game in other forums is also helpful.

roshan

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands versus Pillars of Shitternity? You might as well write a review comparing Fallout with Neverwinter Nights 2.

Atchodas

Augur

wow , reading this was cancer giving experience.

when review starts with
It’s reached the point where using the term “old school” while describing an RPG means about as much as the New England Patriots winning the Super Bowl.

you know it will be bad ,
why i kept reading it i cant tell ... but i found jewels like this so i got my doze of Vitamin C today ( along with cancer ofcourse ):
There are other odd exclusions, like not being able to resurrect fallen allies, not getting any clues as to whether killing an NPC will ruin your quest, and not being told if an enemy requires a certain level of weapon to do damage against it

Aww gawd no Protected npc's :(

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
GameSpot? Yeah, OP is pretty clueless. If you want to know where people care about your oldschool RPG, check where inXile, Obsidian and Larian usually do interviews.

The important sites are Rock Paper Shotgun, Eurogamer and PC Gamer, in roughly that order from most to least, I think.

Lucky

Arcane

ArchAngel

Arcane
In the above interview the guy said the game is from EU developers :D
So people outside EU are not allowed or expected to use EU settings?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Well to be honest i havent tried cause of the grafic style

54507777.jpg

razvedchiki

Erudite
excuse me sir,im not a grafics whore i just cant stand pixel art stuff,it breaks my immersun

i have poor imagination,i need to see my avatar and his chainmail and longsword of popamole slaying +5

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
excuse me sir,im not a grafics whore i just cant stand pixel art stuff,it breaks my immersun

i have poor imagination,i need to see my avatar and his chainmail and longsword of popamole slaying +5

Fuck you, you illiterate ignorant distasteful son of a whore! The art is beautiful. You can see every little modification of weaponry in your character models, the exception being just the rings and necklaces.

Lucky

Arcane
And then they failed to report when it was actually released. Don't hold your breath.

My hope is that they're one of the people that Whalenought_Joe mentioned earlier, as in the group that hadn't posted any reviews yet because they really wanted to take their time for the game. Small chance, but it would suggest that they'd get a glowing review if it does turn out to be true.

Bonerbill

Augur
Dear Codexians,

I need your help.

I am growing increasingly frustrated with the fact that there are no reviews out for SitS (expect that Greek one).
Whalenought_Joe mentioned that some reporters are taking their time to properly play the game before doing so, given the complexities of the game, so I suppose we can expect a few more to come.

Nevertheless, SitS deserves a broader exposure given its quality, uniqueness and scope. My hope is therefore to get Gamespot to do a proper review: this will introduce the game to a huge audience and is bound to boost sales.

So, I am organizing an online petition to put pressure on convince Gamespot to do so. With your help, I hope we can get an impressive (read: 500) number of signatories which, hopefully, will incline Gamespot, and perhaps further gaming sites to give SitS the attention it deserves

Thus, I put the questions to you:
- would you support the petition?
- Should we make a RPGCodex petition?
- Should it be targeted @Gamespot or be anonymous?

Would appreciate your input on any further gaming sites to contact/advise on how to get more people to sign un (forums you know, etc.)

I am currently finalizing the petition which I will share with you ASAP.

Thanks for your input,
Cheers,

- Digg

The game is really niche and it looks like another pretentious pixel game to the average consumer. It's a game made exclusively for people like RPG codex. It going to sell like crap regardless on how many professional reviews it has.

Mortmal

Arcane
Dear Codexians,

I need your help.

I am growing increasingly frustrated with the fact that there are no reviews out for SitS (expect that Greek one).
Whalenought_Joe mentioned that some reporters are taking their time to properly play the game before doing so, given the complexities of the game, so I suppose we can expect a few more to come.

Nevertheless, SitS deserves a broader exposure given its quality, uniqueness and scope. My hope is therefore to get Gamespot to do a proper review: this will introduce the game to a huge audience and is bound to boost sales.

So, I am organizing an online petition to put pressure on convince Gamespot to do so. With your help, I hope we can get an impressive (read: 500) number of signatories which, hopefully, will incline Gamespot, and perhaps further gaming sites to give SitS the attention it deserves

Thus, I put the questions to you:
- would you support the petition?
- Should we make a RPGCodex petition?
- Should it be targeted @Gamespot or be anonymous?

Would appreciate your input on any further gaming sites to contact/advise on how to get more people to sign un (forums you know, etc.)

I am currently finalizing the petition which I will share with you ASAP.

Thanks for your input,
Cheers,

- Digg

The game is really niche and it looks like another pretentious pixel game to the average consumer. It's a game made exclusively for people like RPG codex. It going to sell like crap regardless on how many professional reviews it has.

I don't think all the potential customers are reading the codex no matter how prestigious it is, no matter how much effort was done to mainstream it with a corporate mainstream steam curator list.The more reviews the more advertisement, the more sales, theres probably a few more gamers who enjoyed those games , who never saw the light and found the dex.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Just remember: Sunset also got reviews from all the major 'publications' (Kotaku, RPS, etc) and it did absolutely jack-shit for them sales wise.

waywardOne

Arcane
You want publicity? Make sure you can't play as a woman. Then add it in with a patch, saying "mea culpa."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom