Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Online Payment Gateways (Alternatives to PayPal)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Anyone have any favourites?

PayPal is being a shit to our German users and demanding they sign up for a PayPal Account, even if they only want to pay by credit card.

paypalshit.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I worked for PayPal.

Under no circumstances should you use PayPal. Ever. We were paid to lie to customer, we evaded taxes and we downright stole your private information and sold it for money. If you fucked up we'd keep your money.

...wait, that's every company. ;_;

Weasel
It would seem to be appropriate for all the TOR-using Codexers if they could launder bitcoins into the currency of the future: potato.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Anyone have any favourites?

PayPal is being a shit to our German users and demanding they sign up for a PayPal Account, even if they only want to pay by credit card.

View attachment 3969

I doubt that's a PayPal issue, rather likely German legislation. Germans have several (inane) laws and regulations relating to the Internet that no other country has and I expect this is simply PayPal complying with them as they have no other choice if they want to be able to operate in Germany.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The reason is pretty simple: they're the most popular and usually people are too lazy / don't care enough to look for alternatives.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Sucks to be German. All that butthurt. No wonder you guys tried to take over the world.

Twice.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Third time's the charm! Economic dominance in Europe has made every other Euro country dependent on our money and credit. Now we simply have to assemble a European Army under German rule and we're gonna show y'all once and for all!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom