Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On the shoulders of giants: a new multiple choices LP!

Esquilax

Arcane
Wow, I was way off. The Seer was on the level the whole time... though in hindsight, the previous update's mention of "tremors" should have been warning enough of the impending doom.

I am psyched to see who this Wielder of Fire is. Perhaps he is the Keeper from the expedition, reborn into a higher form? I hate cliffhangers!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Does this mean we've finally rid ourselves of those bears?

Thank the fucking flames. Good to see being a bunch of superstitious jagoffs finally paid off.

I'm assuming we're gonna hit a timeskip of sorts and maybe catapult ahead another hundred years or so.

newcomer

Learned
Now I'm wondering what would happen if A won back then...
Anyway, will this start a possibility of diplomatic mission to the plains tribe?

oscar

Arcane
Things could easily have gone quite differently (and were very close, votes-wise, to doing) so. Wonder what would have happened if we'd never broken the seal or broken the seal and chosen to stay.

Heh, I was actually considering flip-flopping to A later that evening, but thought "Eh, what's one vote?"...

Lindblum

Augur
agreed we need to thank him and I'am very glad we beat out A voters
Right because if the votes turned out A Curfinwe would obviously have killed us off and ended the LP right?

Instead of saying "Beat out A voters" say "Heeding their warning saved our tribe".

m4davis

Scholar
agreed we need to thank him and I'am very glad we beat out A voters
Right because if the votes turned out A Curfinwe would obviously have killed us off and ended the LP right?

Instead of saying "Beat out A voters" say "Heeding their warning saved our tribe".
Yes he would of killed us off and all I'am saying is that I'am glad I made the decision I did and it won I'am not saying that the A voters reasons are invalid or bad.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Oh. And your few bears followed you, sorry Jick_Magger :p

132302951477.jpg

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Thread moves too fast for me to follow and vote every update, but I catch up when I get the time (and fuck up tabs to reply to :oops:)... Great work, Curufinwe, that was some entertaining trolling going on :salute:

Curufinwe

Learned
Only flight was in our minds, and fly we did...

The black sky ominously hung low on our heads for days after the cataclysm. Ash was raining down, making the water bitter, while the mountain kept grumbling and growling behind us.

images

We kept fleeing downriver, towards the distant hills, carefully rationing our good water and eating meat from our ever-thinning herds.

The prestige of the keepers of fire took a hit in those days, yet at the same time increased. Nobody could doubt anymore about the potency of our tribe's namesake, but what more and more people put into question was its benevolence towards us. Fire had always seemed an uncaring master, but now it had taken an actively hostile role against our life.

With the hills growing ever nearer, it was time to decide where to stop. Three main position emerged in the council.

A. One keeper of fire insisted: 'As I said just a few days ago, we should take up the offer of hospitality of the plains' tribe. This seer of theirs might know something more about our destiny, and we need to thank him for his warning.'
B. An elder who in his youth came with the refugees from beyond the hills said: 'And how exactly do you propose to find that tribe? Their track is buried under spans of ashes and rocks. Anyway, heading to the plains would mean abandoning the only sure safe landmarks we know. The river and the hills. I long to see again the great waters of my youth, we should keep going, past the hills and settle on the sweet shores that wait in front of us.
C. The militia chief smirked: 'The fiery mountain behind us, I'm not too keen myself to embark into a very dangerous expedition in the plains. Yet we should not blindly rush forward either. Have you forgotten why you joined us in the first place? There is danger that way as well. For now I say we stop as soon as we reach the hills. There we can make camp and scout around, before taking any drastic decision.'

Monty

Arcane
If it were just a matter of developing our civilisation in line with our previous choices and skills then I would choose B or C. But given what has happened to us I think we need to consult the seer, even if it entails a dangerous journey across the plains. And we would at least be moving away from the barbarian horde, not towards them.

A

newcomer

Learned
B is quite a stupid move I think...

Btw what's the difference between C and A? Which hills is the militia chief talking about? Is it the hills where the plains tribe supposed to reside nearby?

Vernydar

Learned

Btw what's the difference between C and A? Which hills is the militia chief talking about? Is it the hills where the plains tribe supposed to reside nearby?

The hills he's talking about are north, down the river. The mountains of the seer are in the east.

Curufinwe

Learned

No, it's the hills to the north of you. Check update XX's or update VIII's maps in the OP.

The seer's mountains instead are far to the south. Sorry if it wasn't clear, but considering I have to go through atrocious turns of phrase since you skin-wearing, fire-worshiping, bear-hugging fools have not figured out directions yet...

Kz3r0

Arcane
A.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom